Sign in to follow this  

Hi,

Im working on a heli invasion mission and I was wondering if someone could help me write a script for me please.

I have the helicopters on waypoints and there first waypoint is to drop of the men that start in the heli and the second is to move away. The problem is they carry out these waypoints as soon as the mission is started. What I want to do is create a trigger with the activation being Radio Alpha so that the helicopters wont carry out there waypoints until ordered to via the radio menu. I also want it so that when the radio is activated an alarm is also sounded.

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks in Advance.

Here's an example heli insertion that doesn't really use waypoints exactly, but triggers and some scripting in the waypoints.

For the alarm sound thing just play the Alarm sound from under Effects in the trigger.

If you're looking for a reusable helo transport thing, you might want to use the SOM Module since that includes a transport option. I have an ArmA2 required demo of that.

Hi,

Thanks for the file. Do I save it to my missions folder?

Edited by HappySniper141

For those files yeah, put them in your My Docs\ArmA2\missions folder and open them in the Editor to see how they work.

Set the helicopters on a hold waypoint, then create a radio alpha trigger with a type:switch and sync the trigger and waypoint.

Hi, Is it My documents> ArmA 2 Other profiles> Happy Sniper141> then missions or straight into that folder?

Edit: Ive tried both. Doesnt show up whn I launch

Edited by HappySniper141

Yup, the ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Happy Sniper141\missions folder, then Single Player -> Editor -> Zargabad (or Takistan) then Load and find the mission

Set the helicopters on a hold waypoint, then create a radio alpha trigger with a type:switch and sync the trigger and waypoint.

Thanks man! Worked a dream.

@Kylania Thats weird this is what I have when I try and follow that path C:\Users\Luke\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\Happy%20Sniper141\missions

Simple way would be to sync the heli's first waypoint with a trigger set to radio Alpha, "condition" this, as is default anyway, and name the trigger anything, like helimovein.

If you wanted the alarm to sound somewhere else on the map, then place another trigger where you want the alarm to sound, choose alarm in the Effects box and in the condition field type

triggerActivated helimovein

also set the radius of the triggers to 0 and 0 so it makes it a global trigger and not just from within the triggers radius area.