Sign in to follow this  
thegunnysgt

Using light source (#lightpoint) w/C130

I have a C130 that players will be jumping from, it is 2500m ASL, but my light doesn't want to glow like it did on the ground when I was testing to get it into the right spot before I moved the plane to 2500. On the ground it lights up very well and just how I want it, but at 2500 you can't even see the light unless you're right on top of it and even then it is really really dim to the point of barely knowing it's there. I've tested it out a few times at different heights, and it seems like the light stops shining normal at around 50m or so and starts to be non visible/dim.

Any ideas?

Increase the view distance or just not see the light till you're closer to the ground? :)

The light is attached to the inside of the C130 (static), and I'm inside it as well. Thats is where I'm jumping from, 2500m above sea level using setPosASL. When the plane and light is around 50 the light is shining perfectly and nothing is wrong, it is when the plane and light is at 2500 where I want it to be, the light is then practically non existent, unless you get right up to it and even then you can't even see it, you can just faintly see something is there.

Yeah, I didn't make it clear enough either. All good.

Have any ideas as to why when you get higher up the light practically disappears? If I have to I can simply have the C130 at a low altitude and then when it's time to jump, bring it up to my jump altitude, but that would be the last thing I would want if I can help it.

I also, noticed that flashlights don't work up past around 50 as well, same with the light, but they just don't work..