Sign in to follow this  
knight_sy

Question About Beta Patch

Hello :cool:

My Question Is :

Should I Install All Previous versions Before I Install The Latest Beta Patch ?

OR The latest Beta Patch Include All Previous versions ?

Yes, uninstall the last beta, then reinstall the new one. There's a file for that in your install directory.

yes, uninstall the last beta, then reinstall the new one. There's a file for that in your install directory.

thanks , i owe you one ;)

But I Think I don't Need To uninstall the last Beta

Just Install The New One

Edited by knight_sy

thanks , i owe you one ;)

But I Thinks I don't Need To uninstall the last Beta

Just Install The New One

Sometimes that can cause errors...just delete the old beta folder and install the latest one.

I prefer to just rename the old beta so directory name contains build number. Makes it easy to roll back if only to test something.

Glad that the thread maker got his issue solved. :)

Now, I wouldnt like to create a new thread, so I shall ask my question here:

How do I run the beta? In ArmA2, it behaved like a mod and I could use mod-manager to launch the beta path, but in ArmA2 OA, the In-Game Expansion UI wont regonize mod, so what to do? Use -mod= line?

Glad that the thread maker got his issue solved. :)

Now, I wouldnt like to create a new thread, so I shall ask my question here:

How do I run the beta? In ArmA2, it behaved like a mod and I could use mod-manager to launch the beta path, but in ArmA2 OA, the In-Game Expansion UI wont regonize mod, so what to do? Use -mod= line?

Use the shortcut called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" in the root Arma2 folder...

I prefer to just rename the old beta so directory name contains build number. Makes it easy to roll back if only to test something.

Good tip CarlGustaffa, I will be using that from now on.

Hmm, how exactly does the beta patch work?

Are there separate executables for the beta and unpatched? Can you uninstall it easily?

Yes, and Yes. You'll have a Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut in your main ArmA2 OA install folder and an Uninstall Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut to remove the beta.

It's actually better to just delete/rename the old Beta directory instead of using the uninstaller, as it is broken for some people and will cause registry issues.

---------- Post added at 04:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 AM ----------

Hmm, how exactly does the beta patch work?

Are there separate executables for the beta and unpatched? Can you uninstall it easily?

All of the info you need is already HERE

Yes, and Yes. You'll have a Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut in your main ArmA2 OA install folder and an Uninstall Arma2 OA Beta Patch shortcut to remove the beta.

It's actually better to just delete/rename the old Beta directory instead of using the uninstaller, as it is broken for some people and will cause registry issues.

Does BI usually apply universal bug fixes and engine improvements from expansions to the original game?