Sign in to follow this  
marcon

Run script Local

Hi,

In my mission I have a trigger which activates a script. This script will teleport the player to the position of a GameLogic.

The trigger is activated by anybody and has the following init:

[] exec "teleport.sqs"

teleport.sqs looks like this:

?(player == p1) : goto "teleport"
?(player == p2) : goto "teleport"
?(player == p3) : goto "teleport"
?(player == p4) : goto "teleport"
?(player == p5) : goto "teleport"
goto "end"

#teleport
player setPos (getPos TP);
goto "end"

#end
EXIT

When I use this script in SP everything works fine but in MP when one of the players (p1, p2, p3, p4 or p5) walks into the trigger everyone gets teleported. This script worked fine for me in OFP:R.

Since when is a script run on all Clients in MP using a trigger? Is there a way to just run this script locally only on the pc of the player who triggered the trigger?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. i know exec and .sqs are outdated and should not be used but I'm used to that way of scripting since OFP(:R)

try this:

?(player == p1) : p1 = unit; goto "teleport"
?(player == p2) : p2 = unit; goto "teleport"
?(player == p3) : p3 = unit; goto "teleport"
?(player == p4) : p4 = unit; goto "teleport"
?(player == p5) : p5 = unit; goto "teleport"
goto "end"

#teleport
unit setPos (getPos TP);
goto "end"

#end
EXIT

Doesn't work because the .sqs is line executed and stops at a ;. so the goto isn't called.

Second this will give the same 'error' because the script will still be run on all clients so every client/player will be teleported because the player will still match one of the P's.

Isn't there a way to run this script locally from a trigger?

Still thanks for your answer!

Edited by marcon

Why not just put:

player setpos getpos tp

in the onact field?

Forgot to tell that, there are also other players, like p6 and p7 which should not be teleported when walking through the trigger :o.

how about:

condition: player in [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5] && player in thislist

onact: player setpos getpos tp

Wow it works! Thanks for your input shk, now I'll figure out how your line of code works haha

Thank you very much shk!

Edited by marcon

One more question, this doesn't work when the player is in a vehicle, how to change it so it does?

changing player into (vehicle player) isnt the key.

should it be like this?:

condition: player in [vehicle p1,vehicle p2,vehicle p3,vehicle p4,vehicle p5] && player in thislist

condition: player in [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5] && vehicle player in thislist

Maybe like that?

No my suggestion doesn't work.

Ill try that one heatseeker!

---------- Post added at 12:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

player in [p1,p2,p3,p4,p5] && vehicle player in thislist doesn't work

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

Off topic: I agree with your signature Heatseeker, never understood why people said OFP haha

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

It still isnt a real answer to my question because shk solution is working but still i have got more triggers in my mp mission which activates scripts and which arent ment to be run when someone else activates them in MP.

Is there maybe a way to see who activate the script?

i tried triggerActivation but that one doesn't display the player or his name.

Any help is welcome!

Edited by marcon

Just remember that a trigger will execute on all clients connected (even the server) so filter your programs accordingly. This is why if you spawn something in a trigger for example you'll end up with multiple copies instead of just one. :)

But is it possible that a script will be executed or only affect the player that has triggerd the trigger?

Because the code found on page one won't filer the player because on all the clients it gives a true on ?(player == pX)

Using "player" already specifies/filters who activates it. The trick just is that each player will active it for themselves once they go into the area. However, since "player" will point to a different unit on each player, you can decide who will do what.

I think I need to think different. thanks for the advice shk