Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

New ARMA2 OA Beta Patch 72418 Available!

Not sure if it is this patch or because I changed some graphic settings (did both around same time), but I am getting a much better frame rate now! With the settings I only turned on AA and AF to normal instead of disabled.

Just remove the old beta folder from your expansions folder and then install the new beta. dont uninstall any other way.

Or even better, just rename the old beta folder to something like...

beta.<build number>

and the install the new. That way you can easily go back to previous builds and compare just by renaming the folders.

/KC

ARMA2_OA_Build_72418 still has the same problems as previous update! (72291)

Check the strobe.

Is there somewhere you can report these bugs direct to whoever's making the beta updates?

the strobe problem

is related that beta have only binary fixes not the data fixes

it's w/o this issue in our internal build with complete data set ...

Regarding the tracked vehicles sliding...

Would it be possible to have them slide when on grass and sand and yet grip well when on roads?

Iv seen tanks drifting on grass but rubber pads on dry road would not make a tank drift.. More likely to tip over.

Image drifting down a grass slope and onto tar and watch ur tank briefly tip up onto one track as the surface friction changed.. That would be cool and probably quite realistic.

The game engine already knows which surface your on as footsteps change depending on ground material?

Regarding the tracked vehicles sliding...

Would it be possible to have them slide when on grass and sand and yet grip well when on roads?

Iv seen tanks drifting on grass but rubber pads on dry road would not make a tank drift.. More likely to tip over.

Image drifting down a grass slope and onto tar and watch ur tank briefly tip up onto one track as the surface friction changed.. That would be cool and probably quite realistic.

The game engine already knows which surface your on as footsteps change depending on ground material?

boh? is this really necessary?

Im really enjoying Operation arrowhead aswell as arma2 and all these updates are apreciated thanks BIS, One thing ive noticed that would be a good fix is no matter what i seem to do my maaws never seem to register a tank kill no mater if its 2 i fire or 4 the tank always wants to have a delay before it blows up and i dont get any tank kills coming up on my score or money and im down $150 for each missle, ive been base capping blowing up tank after tank to find ive got 1 or 2 tank kills after acouple hours play.

Dwarden what about rotating flames? When will they be fixed? It's rather silly to see vehicles burn sideways and downwards.

Dwarden what about rotating flames? When will they be fixed? It's rather silly to see vehicles burn sideways and downwards.

I think that's a quirk in mods , not BI.

Vanilla Combined Ops, no mods.

Just blow up some tank and you will see that many flames that go up together with the smoke burn downwards and sideways, rotating a bit. Same with flames that stay at the tank level.

Edited by metalcraze

Bug? Unless I misunderstood your post, this is an improvement in our particle system, inspired by fps block busters adored for their particle effects.

Vanilla Combined Ops, no mods.

Just blow up some tank and you will see that many flames that go up together with the smoke burn downwards and sideways, rotating a bit. Same with flames that stay at the tank level.

Huh? It was better in AA2 when flames behaved in accordance with some laws of physics (more or less) i.e. burning only upwards without rotation.

New smoke is however better.

But did somebody really think that rotating flames are good?

I have to say I much preferred the more restrained particle effects in ArmA2 though I do appreciate it is impossible to please everybody.

The vehicle command switch between ammunition types (e.g., HE, Sabot, HEI-T, APDS-T) needs to be fixed in OA. This worked in ArmA and ArmA II but is inoperative OA. The player has to change to the gunner position to switch ammunition types rather than be able to command the gunner to switch ammunition type. This appears to have been caused by the vehicle countermeasure commands being added in OA.

Edited by Gremlin

I am REALLY loving what the latest Beta did for my OA! Still some bugs yeah, but it is really coming along nicely.

Did anyone report the MK17 SD with non-silenced sounds ?

And BI, Can you guys please give us an option to turn off the blurry vision effect (while running) when using post-processing ?

I think that's why most people don't use post-processing.

The vehicle command switch between ammunition types (e.g., HE, Sabot, HEI-T, APDS-T) needs to be fixed in OA. This worked in ArmA and ArmA II but is inoperative OA. The player has to change to the gunner position to switch ammunition types rather than be able to command the gunner to switch ammunition type. This appears to have been caused by the vehicle countermeasure commands being added in OA.

Ctrl + F ?????

Did anyone report the MK17 SD with non-silenced sounds ?

And BI, Can you guys please give us an option to turn off the blurry vision effect (while running) when using post-processing ?

I think that's why most people don't use post-processing.

All explained here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101040

Biggest problem sadly :( seems to be for Dedicated Servers we have all had to completely uninstall Beta to stop game crashing

(If even 1 player has beta problems start). Even prevents missions starting at all sometimes.

Yes Blur Off please. I want to have all low post processing effects, but without the badly looking motion/rotational blur which is also completely unrealistic and eats resources.

Ctrl + F ?????

I think that only changes the weapon, not the ammo type.

I think that only changes the weapon, not the ammo type.

Maverick, you are correct that it only changes the weapon type and not the ammunition. I researched this before I posted the problem. Connos posted a superficial reply without checking the accuracy of his statement against the stated problem. I wondered if he realized I also had keyboard control instructions that came with my BIS games.

All explained here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101040

I will check this Thread out Thanks, I just hate the "Full screen blur effect (wile running)" :mad: But at the same time like the other "Low" effects.

Edited by Jonn