Sign in to follow this  
-GLT-Sarge

Join MP Game with two PCs over one Router

Hi

my brother is at home for holiday and brought his PC, we're both in the same Arma Clan (GLT).

Each of us is using his own version of Arma2 OA, so no cracks or whatever.

When we try to join the dedicated GLT Clan Server, one of us always fails to connect to the server.

It depends, the first one who started Arma is the lucky one who can join.

It makes no difference if Arma 2 gets restarted.....if my brother i.e. started Arma 2 first, closed it and I try to join, I still can't connect, my brother still can do.

other way 'round its the same :(

my router is a Speedport W700V.

what can I do?

thanks

Have you got a network switch as well as the router or are you plugging directly into the router for both machines?

It's generally a better idea to have a network switch (just a small one, they're cheap as) that you plug into the router and then have all your PC's just plug into that. Less hassle and no need to worry about custom configs on the router/PCs.

Not sure if this is it...but...

If you are both internal to your local LAN/WLAN connecting through the same router/modem using NAT, then when you both try to connect to your clan's server, it could appear as though both connections are coming from the same IP Address (same computer).

L8r,

EEM

Hi

the weird thing is that my brother and I can connect to open public servers (without mods of course) without any problems.

we tried to connect to our server without mods, without Beta Patches, nothing worked.

I asked our server admin if there are any settings which could prevent both my brother and me from joining, but yea......we are all pretty much clueless what the problem could be :(

I'm not very skilled in router settings etc, I didn't forward any ports nor did I fiddel with any other settings in the router.