Sign in to follow this  
SGT. Armstrong

What's your favourite vehicle?

Guest Titanium

Apache, to bad its not in the voteing box!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpaceAlex @ April 27 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Jeep is the best vehicle in the game. Fast and lively. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, where's the Jeep in your poll? I like the one with the machine gun on it even better.

Kegetys, is this fake or not? But it looks really good!

Thats pretty bad ass Kegetys.

Also, I have to give a special mention to the Mi 17. SUre its a cow, but name another helicopter with that many rockets wink.gif

Abrams, M1A1 Abrams. wink.gif I voted for M1A1.But i would like a M2 for the comander and put a 7.62 M240 Machinegun for the loader, just to make the tank look cool, i mean not shoot-able but just to make it look relistic.I remeber asking my dad how relistic the M1A1 is in Operation Flashpoint, and he was wondering where the heck is the M2 and the M240 and where is the loader?Then i had to tell him about it all.But it shure did bring back memories for him, bout the interior and the gun site and the driver postion etc... smile.gif

Hell, im even thinking bout continuing my dads legend, when i reach 17, and drive the M1A2 or if there is the M1A3. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Benze @ April 26 2002,16:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The Blackhawk owns with the "cool" factor. That thing just looks evil. When you hear a nimble Blackhawk zooming in and out of the clouds above you, shooting down 70mm rockets around you, you can remain calm and run for the forest. It is very speedy and agile and hard to shoot down with a strela.

You stay calm with the Blackhawk flying around you. But suddenly, it zooms down and drops off a squad of men, while you lie there petrified in fear. It zooms up and continues to shoot at your position, while the squad is quickly taking you over. You don't have long.

Compare that to a chunky Mi17. You hear it patheticly flutter in. It flys around a bit, desperately trying to shoot at something, but it is so bulky it can't move into a decent postion without taking HEAVY fire. It slowly descendes, trying to keep hovering. It get's close to land and gets blasted with a LAW or RPG. If it stays up, it is easily shot down with a shoulder AA, or even an anti-tank weapon since it is so slow and clumsy.

The difference is obvious. The Blackhawk inspires intense fear, while the sound of a Mi17 makes people get into fireing positions to take it down.<span id='postcolor'>

Are you kidding me ? lol.. Blackhawk scares you ?

If anything is scary and mean looking it's the Hind. Blackhawk doesn't scare me at all. And comparing the armed Hip to the Blackhawk is like apples and oranges. The armed hip can lay down 5 times more firepower than the Blackhawk.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (advocatexxx @ April 28 2002,02:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If anything is scary and mean looking it's the Hind.  Blackhawk doesn't scare me at all.  And comparing the armed Hip to the Blackhawk is like apples and oranges.  The armed hip can lay down 5 times more firepower than the Blackhawk.<span id='postcolor'>

All gunships are scary. Hind really looks and sounds scary. Same goes for that cow Mi-17, but blackhawk rockets are more powerfull. tounge.gif. Mi-17 has 56mm rockets and Blackhawk has 70mm ones. They are more powerful in OFP and in real life afcourse.  smile.gif

But you can still destroy more things with Mi-17 and Blackhawk really doesn't look scary.

Apache doesn't look so scary either, but it's 50% more dangerous to the tanks and other vehicles than the Hind.

I never thought the Blackhawk looked scary only because it is on MY side.

The HIND-D looks really scary. The Mi-17 looks like a big cow in the sky. It looks really stupid and slow. I love them because they are so easy to take down.

Blackhawks would probably look more scary to me if I were a Russian.

Yeah the Hind has a psychological effect biggrin.gif

I remember watching the movie Red Scorpion with Dolph Lundgren years back, and the sequence of the movie where the Hind ascends from behind a hill, and you see the silhouette of it. God damn.

They say mortar shells had a big psychological effect on soldiers during WWII merely because of their whistle.

To me Hind works the same way, only instead of sound it's the look.

hind.gif

yeah it looks a lot meaner than an AH-1

a cool way i've seen a pop-up shot done was make mr hind have no gas behind a mountain (ok so i'm too lazy to do all the syncronization crap) then give him fuel when the player is heading in that direction.  if done right he will pop up into your face and it will look cool smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wheres the trabrant thats the best when i comes to deathmatches. <span id='postcolor'>

i love getting disabled in 3 shots smile.gif

Hind would look even meaner with its wheels in. Dunno why BIS didn't put function gear down and up.

Cobra!!! very maneuverable, fast and deadly wink.gif So easy to control!!! And Hind for its capacity smile.gif

I voted M1A1.

I would've voted for the Blackhawk, but its armor seems a bit too light ingame, IMO. I also wish the Blackhawk had two rocket pods and two minigun pods instead of those damn useless fuel tanks sad.gif

Kegetys, I want you.

Then once I get you, I'm going to take that plane and have fun with it, then leave you with Half-Life.

I LOVE that model. What's the plane called in real life?

smile.gif Kegetys, have you already got a release date for this? That's a really well done plane.

Well, I see that this plane is for the resistance...

Good job  smile.gif