Sign in to follow this  
SGT. Armstrong

What's your favourite vehicle?

I was now wondering what you wonderful people's favourite OFP vehicle so vote, vote, vote!! (sorry Tex)

I went with the Hind. I like it's dual role of combat and transport. Not that the MI-17 or Blackhawk is bad, but the Hind is more offensive oriented.

The Blackhawk owns with the "cool" factor. That thing just looks evil. When you hear a nimble Blackhawk zooming in and out of the clouds above you, shooting down 70mm rockets around you, you can remain calm and run for the forest. It is very speedy and agile and hard to shoot down with a strela.

You stay calm with the Blackhawk flying around you. But suddenly, it zooms down and drops off a squad of men, while you lie there petrified in fear. It zooms up and continues to shoot at your position, while the squad is quickly taking you over. You don't have long.

Compare that to a chunky Mi17. You hear it patheticly flutter in. It flys around a bit, desperately trying to shoot at something, but it is so bulky it can't move into a decent postion without taking HEAVY fire. It slowly descendes, trying to keep hovering. It get's close to land and gets blasted with a LAW or RPG. If it stays up, it is easily shot down with a shoulder AA, or even an anti-tank weapon since it is so slow and clumsy.

The difference is obvious. The Blackhawk inspires intense fear, while the sound of a Mi17 makes people get into fireing positions to take it down.

Ehh if it was there i would vote the SU25 it fly's like a dream and is fast and better armed than the A10!!

FW

i like the A-10 and AH-1 although driving down a 70% grade with a M113 is fun until you crash into one of those magical steel forests

The hind has got my vote, definetly. Love its durability and flexibility.

One time I flew one an entire mission, took countless LAW and AA hits, even shot at by a tank, but pulled through with the help of a little repair truck biggrin.gif (which at the end I flew straight into and... well take a guess what happened tounge.gif)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 26 2002,16:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the Blackhawk is my baby... I love it. I just wish there was a minigun on it  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah i wonder why nobody has ever made a mod like that...or at least a M-60 because the M-2 on there is just crap...firing rate is too slow useless unless you are hovering and going super slow

The UH-60 got my vote.

I just feel invincible in it. It's very tough, and agile.

Perfectly balanced.

The Mi24 is difficult to attack ground targets, and it's kind of bulky. Along with the small 8-man capacity.

What be this?? He made another poll asking about our favorites?

And he gonna make another revised one??

I think he maybe has alot of time on his hands. Lol.

the huey

flying low sat on the skids circling over a battle with the rotors going, THIS IS WHY I MADE IT smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ April 27 2002,04:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the huey

flying low sat on the skids circling over a battle with the rotors going, THIS IS WHY I MADE IT smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

You made that Huey? Ive got a bone to pick with you. I know you had limited resources to make the model, but that Huey is, well, it just aint a Huey. Its too small, the tail is too short, the pilot is sitting in the wrong seat, the seats arent mounted like that in a Huey, where are the door gunners, and why does the propeller look so mangled?

phew, now that I got that out of the way, I appreciate your intitiative, and I hope that once you get some more (ahem) compatible modding tools, you will make a better model.

Heres a Huey: THISBEHUEY.jpg

I know you did yer best, but I want a better one lol, I just cant help it.

I voted M1A1 because that is about the safest place to be in OFP. Grunts don't stand a chance against it and I like running over sh!t and making UAZ's fly with HEAT rounds. Blackhawk is a close second because it is the best airborne insertion vehicle. Chinook is too slow and takes alot of fire. Smae with Russian choppers. I aslo like the A-10 LGB.

UAZ is my favorite, has no weapons but alot of fun to drive at top speed through obstructed terrain or downhill.

Got to be the A-10, flying fast through a valley at low level. Looking out the side window admiring the view, then slamming into a mountain. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ April 27 2002,08:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I know you did yer best, but I want a better one lol, I just cant help it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yep, i want one offical Huey. smile.gif