Sign in to follow this  
sick1

[CAMP] Operational Detachment Delta

Is it?

When I google Mk18, I get a wikipedia page about a "close quarters combat receiver" for the M4 carbine.

The Close Quarters Battle Receiver (CQBR) is a replacement upper receiver for the M4A1 Carbine. The CQBR replaces the M4 with a barrel 10.3 in (260 mm) length making it the modern equivalent of the Colt Commando short-barrel M16 variants of the past.

MK18 type 1: NSWC assembled carbine with contracted and /or overhauled parts complete with all accessories to current standards at time of build will work with H or H2 and could have shipped with either. Units will balance buffer to ammo requirements:

H okay with M193/M855. (all ship board MK 18’s should have H buffers as this was the standard at the time of assembly).

H2 needed for MK 262/ R2LP & will run M193/M855.

H3 may be needed for an extreme cases or when the gas port is eroded but the barrel still groups.

From the wikipedia page on carbines:

By the 1990s, the US had adopted the M4 carbine, a derivative of the M16 family which fired the same 5.56mm cartridge but was lighter and shorter (in overall length and barrel length), resulting in marginally reduced range and power.

So shouldn't the Mk18, a version of the M4 carbine (I think) have "reduced range and power"? :confused:

Edited by Concurssi

Really enjoying this campaign. Tried playing ODD as 2-person co-op multiplayer. Yesterday, we had 2 players spawn into the same person in the first mission "Welcome to Delta". The sniper turned into Claymore (squad leader). This was caused by the autosave immediately after the first task completed ("Search Warehouse", after Salim is taken away). Resuming from the last save fixed this.

Today, the same problem occurs every time this trigger goes, even after fully restarting the Campaign. Every time the "Task Accomplished - Search Warehouse", appears, the sniper becomes Claymore. We tried restarting the game, revert, resume but nothing seems to work. Any ideas? SP works fine.

I am runnng OA, 1.57 patch, with only the required mods for Delta, as well as Proper Vegetation and Building mods.

Edited by MissionCreep

Sorry, but this is not multi player or coop compatible. It's strictly single player due to story arc. The reason you are switched to Claymore , is because it lets single players complete objectives has other members of delta. Sadly my campaigns will never be coop, because I'm, strictly into single player. If someone is willing to make my campaigns compatible, I'm willing to work with them though.

G'day sir!

regarding the huge weapon list: I say keep it, please! It enables you to try the missions with different loadouts, and after all, thats what the weapon addons are made for: to be used in missions and campaigns (just my two cents)

looking forward to your new work btw ;)

G'day sir!

regarding the huge weapon list: I say keep it, please! It enables you to try the missions with different loadouts, and after all, thats what the weapon addons are made for: to be used in missions and campaigns (just my two cents)

looking forward to your new work btw ;)

Thanks, I never planed on removing weapons, just giving user different versions to download. I'm currently working on my next campaign (Devgru). It's going to blow everyone out of the water when it comes to quality and quantity. :yay:

Sorry, but this is not multi player or coop compatible. It's strictly single player due to story arc. The reason you are switched to Claymore , is because it lets single players complete objectives has other members of delta. Sadly my campaigns will never be coop, because I'm, strictly into single player. If someone is willing to make my campaigns compatible, I'm willing to work with them though.

OK ... that explains it! However, note that when you go into "Campaigns", it is possible to start co-op "Host" for this campaign. I assumed that since it was capable of hosting co-op, it is co-op capable. We actually played it for quite a while (over 2 hours) as Co-op. Being the sniper in these mission is great fun. Too bad, but I can't argue given all the effort you have obviously put in.

Ditto for SEAL TEAM SIX 4. Thanks again.

Sick1 you are a treasure to the community. Please continue the magic!

Edited by Khugan

Now that I finally got rid of my AI problems and I was able to properly finish the first mission, I can say this: awesome! I'll have to try your SEAL campaigns later, after I've finished this. :)

Hi Sick. Great campaign, after a few teething problems I'm playing through it and enjoying it. One thing which bothers me, bodies seem to disappear (melt into the ground) for no apparent reason. Some do, some don't. Any idea why? Have you scripted it this way.

Updates

V1.5

changelog

1. Made two versions, one with RH packs and one without;)

2. Fixed all Classname errors in weapon selection RH.

3. Fixed spelling errors.

4. Removed Dead body removal script.

5. Improved performance all around.

6. Various other small fixes.

7. Fixed first scene in which if you sniped the enemy before they detected you, you would received negative points.

Version Vanilla

FileFront V1.5

http://www.filefront.com/17794240/DeltaForceV1.5.7z

Armaholic 1.5

coming soon

Version + RH weapon Packs

FileFront V1.5

http://www.filefront.com/17794433/DeltaForceV1.5RH.7z/

Armaholic 1.5

coming soon

Edited by Sick1

With Zeus AI activated, the AI shoots own man with the Stinger in the first scene of the campaign. :D

So I guess, Zeus AI is not really recommended...

I have Zeus AI and it's fine. Do you have the newest one from the TS3 server?

I'm not at home right now, and I'm working on a computer where I can't install TS3 right now, so I can't check. I think 0.2d is an old version though. You might wanna look into installing TS3.

At best I could mirror it for you tomorrow, but I'm not sure that would be allowed.

I looked on the TS server, the version is 0.02d. So I really have the newest version.

And AnimalMother's files are also up to date... ;)

Then I have no idea what's wrong. The only other thing I can think of would be something like the AI skill level.

That's not the problem, even on expert the AI shoots the own man.

sick1 u r sick GJ its easy to c how much time u put into it, set up cam, make cut scene, well plan story, all the innovative stuff like the cod slow motion shot, bug catching, great sound track and many many things thats not easy to do.

its a pretty addictive story, i didn't even feel hungry just wanna complete it, hunt n kill that salin. thank you for effort i really enjoy this almost 8 hours gameplay.

I'm desperately seeking voice actors for my upcoming campaign. All roles are short, and any accent will be accepted. Please let me know if you want to help me.

I think this link needs updating since it leads to an HK416 pack, and not the M4/M16 pack:

3. RH M4/M16 Pack Rearmed for OA by RobertHammer Optional http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=11789

But the HK416 pack is actually newer than the one under the 2nd link so the 2nd link should be updated (from 8573 to 11789):

2. RH HK416 Pack by RobertHammer Optional http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8573

Perhaps the 3rd link should be modified to this one (not sure if it is the latest version): http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8056

If I'm just being ignorant and am missing something, please ignore the post.

BTW, I can't make it work. Tried the campaign versions with (with all the .pbo's and the cfg .pbo's) or without RH packs, but it always gets stuck when I press continue. I wish I could see the error message or anything useful. I have A2 + OA (no CO icons, but I can see the Harvest Red campaign from the OA menu so I guess it's OK).

Edited by ijozic

Awesome campaign. Loved it from start to finish, hope you make another one!

If you do another update, any chance you can please put shotgun pellets for the M1014 into the gear menu at the start? Some of those mishs would be good fun to use it in.

just tried this out, but the characters stand with the arms out at there side and sink into the ground up to the waist when on the ground. what did i do wrong?

I installed the two required files:( running OA stand alone (not sure if that makes a difference)

In Unpleasant Surprise, after the initial firefight, in what seems like 2 of my 6 men die, I end up seeing them alive and well on the ground but no longer under my command.

They are clearly my men, based on weapons and gear but they are now just lying down ready, next to the truck.

It seems that the missions intent in this ambush is to kill off some people but instead of dying they just left my team. If they are supposed to die, they should be dead. Otherwise it's hard to just leave them when they are right there.

Edited by wyskass

The "On Your Own" mission is ridiculously hard.

After about 25 restarts it's possible to eliminate each previous mistake, move further, die, repeat and finally complete, which would give it a realistic survivability probability of 4%. It's a model of a suicide mission.

The campaign has been great so far but this mission is like playing the Hitman games.

Edited by wyskass