Sign in to follow this  
sick1

[CAMP] Operational Detachment Delta

to funked1

did u download the desert mercenaries and blackops ??

to megagoth1702:

no when u play with ace u cant revert to previous save games

Yes like I said I'm running V5 of the desert mercs mod.

Yes like I said I'm running V5 of the desert mercs mod.

Can you look in the editor and check that the mercs are working?

New version of campaign: in the mission where you parachute in

and have the option to disable the electrical grid for the city - very cool idea to implement -

, I was unable to interact with the Stryker that is marked 'rearm'. Seemed to be locked.

Nice variety of settings, story-lines and types of action to the campaign.

Having problem with 'Knock em Dead'

I load up with silenced weapons and AT weapon as the briefing suggest because the default is not SD. Click 'Continue' button, immediately get "Jabeer is Dead. Mission failure" and that's even before I jump out of the plane and pull the rip-cord. Have no idea how he dies when I'm airborne, but so far, really digging this campaign.......Update: Getting the same result with 'End Game'. "All hostages were killed. Mission Failure".

Edited by Kommiekat

:)

and by the way: you should really consider making a Jack Bauer campaign, I just love that guy. :) :)

Please do this!

I just started the campaign and its awesome as always, thanks sick1!

Loving it is all I can say.. this is the most enjoyable part of playing this game, being 'involved' in a great campaign really sucks me in! :D

Got a slight problem with Salim at the mosque..he still continues to leg it and refuses to say jack when I corner him.. :(

I have the latest update, plus desert mercs and all the RH weapon packs..

Edited by Trooper117

First off let me say I am loving the campaign. I've only just started it but am enjoying very much.

My problem is the following error pops up "No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeaponsRH_HK53'. Although I can click through that, it would be nice to have no error messages popping up. so how do I get rid of it?

Now I dont run ace addon so I thought I would just run your campaign with only the needed files and delete the RH weapons files. This results in an error that tells me I cant play or edit the mission due to deleted content. Even after I deleted the delta force save folder to try and eliminate that problem, I still get the message that I cant play or edit due to deleted files.

All I want to do is be able to play without getting the initial config.bin error I mentioned so what do I have to do to get there? As it stands I have had to restore the deleted files so I am now back where I started with the first error.

Oh, one more point, Sithe doesnt seem to have a voice on my computer. Only subtitles. Is that just me or is that normal?

Edited by Killerwatt

Campain is great as always.

I'm having an issue with the military offroad at the warehouse in the first mission. My guys can't sit in the gun positions for some reason. But i'll play around with it in the editor, but i this is the only time i have had the problem.

Also you may want to tighten up the trigger for searching the warehouse. I have been outside of the perimeter and I call in saying i have searched the warehouse and my next task comes up. But I haven't even looked inside the walls or even come close to the walls and the trigger goes off.

First i had started moving to the next task and started getting shot from the guys in the warehouse area, that i never bothered to look in, since the warehouse mission was already complete.

Anyway, I know you like as much feedback as possible and you constantly fix little things like that, so it's not a complaint. Great job

Hey everyone. Glad you are enjoying the campaign. :)

@Richey79, Sorry I forgot to add that. Will fix it in next update.

@Kommiekat, man I have no idea whats going on there. Try running without any mods if you haven't already.

@Trooper117, he is given a command by the engine to disable the ability to move so I'm not sure if its a engine bug or something. Try reverting to an earlier save and seeing if the action command is on him.

@Killerwatt you get those errors because you either do not have the optional mods installed, or you have one installed wrong. Sithe is tied in with the music volume. Make sure your music volume is on default.

@victim913 the deal with the warehouse trigger is supposed to tip off early. The reason is if you listen closes and get there fast enough you will see the mercs taking Salim away.

you were right regarding the config bin error I have traced the problem to a missing PBO. But a new problem has arisen. On game startup I now get an error box popping up which says Addon 'RH_416_ace.cfg'requires addon 'ace sys attachments'. As I said I dont have ace installed so I hope you can help here? Do i need to install part of ace? Now I come to think of it, I got that error the very first time I tried the campaign and it was removing the RH files with Ace in them that gave me my cfg.bin error. Now it seems I can either have the bin error or the RH_416 error.

Also I prefer to play the game ith no music so would you consider removing the dependance on the music vollume to hear Sithe?

Edited by Killerwatt

you were right regarding the config bin error I have traced the problem to a missing PBO. But a new problem has arisen. On game startup I now get an error box popping up which says Addon 'RH_416_ace.cfg'requires addon 'ace sys attachments'. As I said I dont have ace installed so I hope you can help here? Do i need to install part of ace? Now I come to think of it, I got that error the very first time I tried the campaign and it was removing the RH files with Ace in them that gave me my cfg.bin error. Now it seems I can either have the bin error or the RH_416 error.

Also I prefer to play the game ith no music so would you consider removing the dependance on the music vollume to here Sithe?

u have the RH ACE version installed, u need the NORMAL "CFG's"

they are in the RAR files of the RH weapens addons.

replace every ace.cfg with normal cfg's and your problem is solved

Thank you BlackMamba. that was exactly my problem. a better install readme in the RH downloads would have averted that problem. But at least I am ok now thanks to your help.

@ Sick1 Any chance of separating Sithes voice from any dependancy on the music volume?

Edited by Killerwatt

Can you look in the editor and check that the mercs are working?

What am I looking for in the editor? I checked all the Opfor, Blufor, and Independent Units and I don't see anything that looks like mercenaries.

---------- Post added at 11:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:32 AM ----------

HA! I am a retard! Forgot to put addons folder inside the modfolder. Thanks Sick.

Hey everyone. Glad you are enjoying the campaign. :)

@Trooper117, he is given a command by the engine to disable the ability to move so I'm not sure if its a engine bug or something. Try reverting to an earlier save and seeing if the action command is on him.

After three goes at reverting to an earlier save I got it to work.. :)

Got into the side room at the mosque, killed the two mercs and Salim then was allowed to be 'interogated'..

Great campaign. Love the voice acting, sounded just perfect. The quality might even surpass the voice acting done by BIS I say.

Thanks for the campaign Sick1, it was better than the Operation Arrowhead campaign but not as good as your SEAL Team Six 4 campaign, I think this one just had too many "1 man vs the world" missions in it. Overall some decent fun.

Hey mate..I gotta say...excellent job. I have only just begun it, but yes, the voice acting stood out like dogs balls. Also I felt the intro movie was very well done, I know how tricky they can be to get right.

Out of interest...who did the voice acting? You have some family..a clan etc.

The intro kept looping for me..it was saying the m14 pack was missing. Until I enabled that mod...it would not let me play the mission. It had an error, you cannot play this mission because downloaded content has been deleted or something like that, so I am not sure how "optional" that one is.

Thanks again...keep up the good work.

Frosty

@Kommiekat, man I have no idea whats going on there. Try running without any mods if you haven't already.

FIXED! My bad. I just got the game a week ago and wasn't expecting a patch from Arma OA so soon.

Solution: Patch the game up, folks.

Much better than the OA Campaign and all Arma 2 Campaigns!!

Excellent work.

Congrats..

Finished the campaign.. very good I have to say, and some of the outstanding points for me was the visualy stunning scenes I encountered whilst carrying out my duties as a Delta operative.. (See spoiler below)..

Loved the moments I was being transorted to the drop off points in the Littlebirds.. with the great terrain and model details of my team sitting outboard was just great!

Calling in JDAM strikes was just visualy stunning, and with the volume right up gave me that feeling of 'being there'.. absolutely brilliant..

My only reservation has already been echoed by another poster.. a little 'too much' a one man show at times.. That last mission would have been fantastic as a 'team' assault.. but highly enjoyable none the less!

Many thanks.. :)