Sign in to follow this  
sick1

[CAMP] Operational Detachment Delta

I had the same problem, I failed to stay in the AO a dozen or more times before aiming directly for the marker and finally ended up hitting the ground between the power plant and the motel. Seems strange dropping in amongst the enemy instead of getting a chance to scope the area out before making a move.

I've got an update to release today, so I'll look into that. Thanks!!

I'm on the last mission (i think) Endgame. The two littlebirds just hover. They don't land. If I tell my guys to disembark it will find a spot and drop us down. I don't know if that's part of the plan. Or if it's ok to just get out. If telling them to disembark is ok, i'll just do that.

Just checking though.

Actually, i looked at the mission in the editor and I see they are supposed to land at the invisible pads but they don't. They have a transport unload but don't unload, the birds get to the spot, stop for a second (sometimes not) and go to their next waypoint and hover.

Edited by victim913

@Victim

Just tested without mods, and with Beta 72716. Everything went has expected. Are you running just the required mods and using version 1.3 of the campaign?

I am running it with the latest beta 72863. I'll try it with out the beta and see if that changes anything. Cause according to the editor everything looks fine.

I am running it with the latest beta 72863. I'll try it with out the beta and see if that changes anything. Cause according to the editor everything looks fine.

Here is what should happen.

The helo's are supposed to be attacked killing everyone but you. If it still does not work, eject by yourself and it will happen.

Loving the campaign, was stunned by the professionally recorded vice acting. did you hire people for that?

secondly, I am having a big problem with the halo instertion mission. When the map appears i get an error saying that "theres a bad link with a static object, resaving in the editor will fix this." however if i continue the mission, the second i jump out the plane i get a failed mission saying the warehouse wasnt searched.

Loving the campaign, was stunned by the professionally recorded vice acting. did you hire people for that?

secondly, I am having a big problem with the halo instertion mission. When the map appears i get an error saying that "theres a bad link with a static object, resaving in the editor will fix this." however if i continue the mission, the second i jump out the plane i get a failed mission saying the warehouse wasnt searched.

I think he's using the voices from an old fps.

lol well it works if it is. I mean with the awesome dialogue and the actual missions i was beginning to think this actually was a bis made campaign, but with the arrowhead let down, im actually loving this one more

I'll look into it, but this has not came up before. Sorry.

no its okay, i updated my patch to 1.54 and all the required addons and it works now.

Well, i spent my Sunday playing on this campaign, thougn i didn't finish it yet, and it's a hell of a good job ! One of the best experiences i had in ArmA2. The dialogs are very immersive, the missions are fun and nicely designed.

I was getting bored with ArmA2 and OA, but this campaign raised my interest again. Congrats :)

Sick1,

I had trouble on the last mission. When ever I tried to use an airstrike against the troops at the compound or their vehicles, almost every time the side of the main building of the compound which faces the entrance would collapse. It would not kill the prisoner inside but there was a room on the side that collapsed with two enemy soldiers in it, and after the room collapsed they would be invulnerable, and there was no way to kill them which prevented one of the tasks from completing.

Maybe I am going about this wrong, by using the airstrike but when that enemy armor pops up I like to drop bombs.

I am also having the same problem I see others are having with the Halo Insertion mission, and the power station. Whenever I blow it up I get the NIL VARIABLE OVERRIDDEN error, and none of the lights go out even though I use enough satchel charges to level a city block. (I know its enough to level a city block, because it does level a city block, hahahahaha)

Great campaign though, it seemed more difficult than previous one's, and the professional voice acting did help bring up the quality of the experience. I would have never guessed that the dialog wasn't made for this campaign but a completely different game, lol! I just hope using this cut and paste method doesn't restrict you too much creatively when designing missions, because if that is the case I would rather have good missions and bad dialog than vice versa.

On a completely un-related note, I was wondering if you might consider including FFAA weapons as an optional add-on in your next campaign, especially now that with their newest release they have incorporated all the new OA features into them.

I just hope using this cut and paste method doesn't restrict you too much creatively when designing missions, because if that is the case I would rather have good missions and bad dialog than vice versa.

Obviously it isn't the case, as this campaign is perfectly enjoyable as it is, and the dialogs immersive contrary to other campaigns without them.

Obviously it isn't the case, as this campaign is perfectly enjoyable as it is, and the dialogs immersive contrary to other campaigns without them.

I wasn't trying to insinuate that it was. I was just stating where I would place the priority for future reference if you will. I doubt C*ty Int#ract*ve will notice that the dialoge/sounds from their game have been re-used in a User Made campaign for ARMA2 but SICK1, you may want to be careful using such copyrighted material. If you took something from a bigger publisher they might notice, and I would hate it if you produced another great campaign and then Company X forced Armaholic and whoever else to remove it from their servers.

On an unrelated note, I really liked when the enemies were positioned in buildings/windows. It is unfortunate that the AI can't seem to take advantage of the cover a building provides, and seek out a line of sight through a window on their own, so this is something we don't get to see that often playing ARMA2, and was a nice change up. Kinda threw me off at first, was like who the hell is shooting at me. Kinda like the first mission in ST6-2, when you attack that little port or whatever, and there is a crane holding up a cargo container with an enemy standing on it. I don't know how many times I got killed by that guy, before I happened to look up and see him not more than 50 meters away from me. Good times.

Sick1,

...snipped

I am also having the same problem I see others are having with the Halo Insertion mission, and the power station. Whenever I blow it up I get the NIL VARIABLE OVERRIDDEN error, and none of the lights go out even though I use enough satchel charges to level a city block. (I know its enough to level a city block, because it does level a city block, hahahahaha)

After playing through this mission 3 or 4 times, I have never gotten any sort of error. I use only 4 satchel charges set next to the (I guess) white transformer boxes. There are more than 4 of them, I think 8 but, I just pick 4 at random (2 on each row) Lights go out and that part of the mission updates.

I have never tried it any other way as it worked the first time and every time after that.

@Component Actual I will look into this. Are you running any other mods, I think effect mods make this happen with the lights. You really got to keep the CAS away from the buildings. I know it sucks, but it's designs flaw. I will look into though. On the matter of the voices, I really just wanted to give the community a little gift while I was in between my Seal Team six series. I always knew that there was a risk using those voices, but the risk was worth taking. Even if they made BIS pull it off the servers we would still have it;) I just couldn't believe how cool the voices were, and how bad the CI game was.

@Component Actual I will look into this. Are you running any other mods, I think effect mods make this happen with the lights. You really got to keep the CAS away from the buildings. I know it sucks, but it's designs flaw. I will look into though. On the matter of the voices, I really just wanted to give the community a little gift while I was in between my Seal Team six series. I always knew that there was a risk using those voices, but the risk was worth taking. Even if they made BIS pull it off the servers we would still have it;) I just couldn't believe how cool the voices were, and how bad the CI game was.

I can't remember for sure, but I know I played through that level twice, and I want to say that I did it once with SLX and once with no mods other than the latest beta patch at the time. But I can't say for certain. I will play it again tonight, and let you know. I been wanting to replay that level anyway, last time I was having a good time playing cat and mouse with those enemies along the road when you RTB, when I ran out of ammo and had to run away little girl.

Yeah the voices do rock. Like I said before it really seems like they were made just for this campaign. I really had no idea they were recycled until I saw your post on it.

(warning: long and slightly off topic) I haven't played this particular CI game, but I am one of those rare few who actually enjoy their games. You just gota play em with a grain of salt and keep in mind that they are the video game equivalent of a made for tv movie. They are usually a no frills run of the gun shooters, with little innovation and usually not so much as a gimmick like bullet time. But their focus on modern military scenarios, awesome graphics, and what is usually pretty solid game mechanics can provide an enjoyable experience (if a rather short one). The last one I played was Cod e of Hon or 3 and it was a blast, but it was over in less the 5 hours. Still I enjoyed it enough to play through it twice. Now I'm not going to argue with you that the game in question is terrible or not as I haven't played it, but I just see so many reviews of their games where the reviewers just try to tear them a new one, and sometimes it frustrates me, and sometimes I wonder if the reviewers even played the game or not or just looked at the blue and white logo read the feature list, and cranked out a review with a 5/10 rating in twenty minutes. I just encourage people to judge for themselves, and you can usually find their games for like $15 so its not a huge a risk.

Edited by Component Actual

I know what your saying. I enjoyed Ghost warrior.

Just discovered your campaign yesterday and played through it (I died over a hundred time on the last mission > . >).

Anyway, that was a great experience, as good as the arma 2 vanilla campaign.

Also, I didn't catch the story, why the hell did Coburn attack your unit again?

Ok I have upgraded my PC, bought OA, finished the Campaign and now I´m gonna try this one. Really looking forward to play this and your next one!

Ok I have upgraded my PC, bought OA, finished the Campaign and now I´m gonna try this one. Really looking forward to play this and your next one!

About time Tonci:) You're gonna like it for sure.

Sick, your campaigns are top notch and have great replayability! Are you working on anything new at the moment?

I have finished it. It was a really good Campaign with lots of cool elements, superb work as usual. So where is the next one?^^