Sign in to follow this  
SPC.Spets

Decode Encode PBO files

I want to make some modification for an MP Domination, I just want to add some vehicles to appear at the mission start.

I use an arma tool called Cpbo to decompress a mission, open in the editor and modifyed it a little. Then I saved it as MP Mission, then I copy the modifyed file to the MPMission Folder in the arma directory. And when I try to load that mission it doesnt appears in the list, what im doing wrong?

Also I downloaded the A2Cpbo tool but I get an error Run Time Error 53 File Not Found

Q ...open in the editor and modifyed it a little.

A OK ... But, is the file starting off as an sqm or pbo file (since you mentioned an unpacker)?

Q Then I saved it as MP Mission,

A Don't do that. (I don't see why that would not work, but since it is not...) Repack it after your edit. Then copy and paste that sqm/pbo file. However, if you're in the editor, and the mission is being saved as an MP mission, that is all you should have to do. I am kind of lost on why the copy and paste? Are you putting the file in an '@\Addons' folder?

Q then I copy the modifyed file to the MPMission Folder in the arma directory. And when I try to load that mission it doesnt appears in the list,

A ?

Q what im doing wrong?

A ?

Q Also I downloaded the A2Cpbo tool but I get an error Run Time Error 53 File Not Found

A Try PBOview, instead.

If nothing I said helps, maybe you could give more detail about what you are doing. :)

Ok, first, I chose some mission from C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\MPMissions its a PBO file. eg. co30_Domination_2_17A2_West_OA.Takistan.pbo

Then I use the CPBO tool with this file and it makes a folder containing many archives and subfolders.

THen I move that folder to my arma2 "missions" folder, not the main arma directory, so I can open it with the editor, and edit.

When I save the modification as MP Mission the file converts to mission.sqm inside a folder with the missionName, and btw the sqm file size is only 36k and the original mission size is 2-3Mb :s

Then I move that to the Arma2 main MPmission folder

I dont see the option to recompile to PBO

sry, is my first time doing this.

Im going to try that PBOview

EDIT2: the PBOview works, thank you!

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Now I need to change the name of the mission that appears in the list, I saved it with a different name but in the list is the same as the original mission name.

And, how can I modify settings like the time you need to be qualifyed to use air vehicles and stuff?

Thanks in advance

Edited by SpetS15