Sign in to follow this  
Metalvenom

Creating a pure light green map

Hey forum.

Ok I need help :)

I do home made action films from time to time and would love a map thats just all bright green, no details or anything, just a flat green map. for green screening purpose's ;)

I downloaded the bis tools and am having trouble. after viewing some tutorials it seems a very complicated process to create an Island.

is it possible for me to just replace textures of the current samplemap BIS provides? with just Bright green textures ?

any help would be grateful for. the details in the models of arma2 are awesome.

thanks

Edited by Metalvenom

yeah I would have thought so. enough room for vehicals to move up and down in

There you go: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9367994/greenbox.pbo

It's green, it does not cast shadows, it is as big a object can be, AI can walk/drive on it.

You should put it a bit above ground using setpos command. I don't know how AI reacts on it. A short test showed me that they we're dancing (one step forth, turn 180, one step forth, turn 180...you get the idea) but issued once a stop command and they stayed put.

Give it a try.

:EDITH:

Be aware, for the AI there is no border. When having a move command outside the box, they will fall down at the edge.

:EDITH2:

Argh...was lazy when i created the config and didn't gave a proper name. You'll find it under empty/objects/house. If this is an issue, tell me and i'll quickly change it.

Edited by [FRL]Myke

Hey thanks dude! this is great :) now I have a greenscreen studio within the game lol, a HUGE thanks for this ;)

Myke;1706049']no problem' date=' done in 5 minutes. ;)

Glad i could help.[/quote']

Hi, I tried to click on the link and it was missing, By any chance I was wondering if you could upload it please? :D I would love to make a green screen of a helicopter flying over a city kind of like something like this

Sorry but this link does not work i'd like to use it too.

Yeah sorry for bring up a year old post but i could use it too thanks

Edited by lukeyu2005

I would also like a pure green screen map for compositing. It would be a fantastic tool to place into after effects after capture. Maybe give it a go in my smoke machine.