Sign in to follow this  
rick rawlings

Voiceover and music?

I'm trying to do a voiceover for my intro and have music playing in the background... so:

I set up the voiceover as a sound to play during the intro, which worked fine except for when the AI started shooting, the gunfire drowned out the voiceover. enableEnvironment false only cuts out the background sounds, not those of the rest of the activity happening in the intro. So then I turned all the sound off and made my voiceover a music track, but apparently the engine can only play one music track at a time so I get either the voiceover or the background music. Does anyone know a way to get a voiceover, a music track and no AI or game sounds all playing at the same time for an intro? (My acting talents are not strong enough to work without the dramatic music in the background :) )

Thanks!

RR

Mix the voiceover with the soundtrack beforehand, with an external application, and then give Arma the file already mixed as the soundtrack.

Of course there should be a better way to do it, probably, but this should work if nobody else can help you out.

Cheers.