Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

I bought Combined Operations

I got it three days ago, great game!

But I have a question. How do I actually use both games together?

When I thought Combined operations, I thought it would use both content together. Instead it's two standalone games.

First install arma2 then arrowhead.

When you start the game over the combined ops shortcut, then the arma 2 content get loaded together with arrowhead.

Thats it

It never combined for me.

I am reinstalling Arrowhead and see if it does anything.

You could load it manually too, if it doesnt work with ao reinstall.

Reinstalling did nothing.

I opened arrowhead and i went to expansions, and there is no ARMA2 to load in. But I have Arma2

That is because ArmA2 isn't an expansion. Just go to SP editor and see if Chernarus is in the map list, or check your campaigns list... if you can't figure any other way.

That is because ArmA2 isn't an expansion. Just go to SP editor and see if Chernarus is in the map list, or check your campaigns list... if you can't figure any other way.

It still shows in the expansion list though.

Uhh, same here. I bought Combined Operations from Sprocket. Got two separate download links, installed two separate games. I figured there would be an installer of sorts to combine it into a single game/directory. That batch file is a mess, I can use everything from ArmA2+OA by just running OA and that works, but my speedometer/altimeter in vehicles is now missing and the game crashes when I make a map in the editor and shoot at pretty much anything. So what's up with that?

Yep, I did that, and it seems to no longer crash. But look what's still happening.

gone1.jpg

gone2.jpg

How to fix this?

The arrowhead hud? If you're running combined ops I don't think you can get rid of that unless you run ArmA2 alone.

EDIT: Oops I didn't pay attention, disregard my post there.

Yep, I did that, and it seems to no longer crash. But look what's still happening.

gone1.jpg

gone2.jpg

How to fix this?

Your second picture isn't loading, so I have no idea what is supposedly broken there. :) With the first one are you referring to the amount of ammo not showing up?

Not sure why you're not seeing it, works fine for me. It shows the HUD of aircrafts/helis, the boxes where it shows SPD and ALT are empty.

And yes, on the first one there is no ammo readout. Nor in vehicles, or for any gun for that matter.

Did you install the games to Program Files? If so, uninstall them and install them somewhere else like C:\Games or something, that way you don't have to deal with all the file protection nonsense within Program Files.

Also remember you need to run your game in Administrator mode now if you want to play Multiplayer.

No, they're within a specific folder for games, not in program files.

Running XP 64 and I'm the administrator, so no issues with that either.

Try posting in the troubleshooting part of the forum, might get more help there :)

Is that mean install OA within the same direction of ArmA2?

Yeah, I did that, it's weird, but it works. :) I don't suggest it. I ended up installing it under my disc ArmA2 install, but it uses my Steam ArmA2 install for running CO. All very strange.