Sign in to follow this  
THEBLITZ6794

Strength of the CDF

this is another thing thats puzzled me. the Chedaki is a 12,000 strong force...which really isnt that big btw but anyways, the CDF must be around that size. especially if theyre able to give them such a good fight. however, the local commander is a major which would imply that the CDF is about 600 strong in south zagoria (where the game takes place) and thus probably only 5,000 accross the whole front.

your thoughts?

I bet the Major guy is in command of operations around the playable area in campaign. :)

I bet the Major guy is in command of operations around the playable area in campaign. :)

yea...which means theyre at battalion strength...which means aorund 600...but south zagoria is about a 3rd the size of the front...so they must be just a small force or the CDF is quite small...

How do you know how large units CDF Majors command? :rolleyes:

Fictive country, fictive laws, fictive army.

they might take after the russians, and command is not souly determined by rank (capt as Pl leader, or BN commander).

or the others were killed or removed. maybe major is very high in the CDF chain of command. we dont know

we know, theyre 12,000 strong across the front (from takistan to the western chernarussian coast with a huge salient in the middle). if theyre 12k strong in south zagoria...im not sure a 2200 strong MEU could beat them...maybe hold them and setup a beachhead but defeat them in pitched battle...

theres no way theres anything less than a battalion. maybe the major commands a regiment then. but thats almost 5,000 men.

and we have to assume that theres 12,000 or less CDF soldiers (theyre better trained than chedaki)

their main force would be concentrated around the center (they contained the Chedaki there). so thats probably a good 6,000 at least.

plus the reserve. plus their forces near takistan.

but the south zagorian forces are quite well equipped, they got plenty of BMPs, a nice Hind collection, altho no tanks. then again CDF units in SZ have been battered. but that raises the question of why units from other sections of the front didnt help them out.

the CDF high command puzzles me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marine_Expeditionary_Unit

it should be noted that theres only about 16 LAV-25s and 4 m1 abrams in an MEU. altho theres another 15 of those amphibious things.

Edited by THEBLITZ6794

we know, theyre 12,000 strong across the front (from takistan to the western chernarussian coast with a huge salient in the middle). if theyre 12k strong in south zagoria...im not sure a 2200 strong MEU could beat them...maybe hold them and setup a beachhead but defeat them in pitched battle...

t

Are you kidding me?

Less than a 100 guys routed the Taliban, which had a force that varied between 25,000 and 50,000 not to mention a large number of armor assets that were being maintained by ISI and PakMil.

12,000 dudes rolling around in technicals, BMPs, and bullshit T72s are not going to last long in "pitched battle" <--- whatever that is.

Well trained Marines versus 12,000 poorly equiped Insurgents in terrain which isn't very mountainous at all? Marines would win everytime.

Are you kidding me?

Less than a 100 guys routed the Taliban, which had a force that varied between 25,000 and 50,000 not to mention a large number of armor assets that were being maintained by ISI and PakMil.

12,000 dudes rolling around in technicals, BMPs, and bullshit T72s are not going to last long in "pitched battle" <--- whatever that is.

u do realize its 4 tanks against probably about 50 which normally the abrams would kick ass (iraq war anyone?) BUT in extremely close combat.

those 100 guys have a whole lot more airsupport than 6 harriers and 4 cobras. those 100 guys had an army of gureillas! those bullshit T72s are bullshit in the open deserts of iraq and takistan but in the hills of chernarus (where u can park an AA vehicle on top of a hill and own everything in sight btw) where u get side shotted at 100m, its any1s game (ESPECIALLY if the russians are supplying them...wire guided missiles anyone...hint hint november war in middle east).

the ground element of an MEU consists of 1450 men

thats almost 10-1!

not much is known either about just how numerical, equipment wise, the chedaki is tho.

Well trained Marines versus 12,000 poorly equiped Insurgents in terrain which isn't very mountainous at all? Marines would win everytime.

about the terrain, ur kidding right? drive thru western chernarus and tell me its not rough as F***

1450 marines vs 12k insurgents, reminds me of WW2 a bit (stalingrad anyone?)

Edited by THEBLITZ6794

Not as mountainous as Afghanistan

indeed but reread my post for my points about afganistan

On the topic of CDF, does anyone know exactly what they wear?

Gear, uniform, etc.

Looks like to me they wear russian flectar + ALICE over that khaki vest thing

It's a fictitious camo, but they are wearing Russian AK pouches on an ALICE belt with some shoulder rig. Helmet looks like a LWMH.

The CDF militia dudes have some Chicom vest that I know not much about.

Are there any maps showing the frontlines, the regions, the warzones and so on?

In the beginning of the SP campaign there was a short look on a map which showed the ground occupied by the insurgents.

Edited by -=Firewall=-

What's the limit on the number of units in the editor? There's your answer. :p

Are you kidding me?

Did you maybe forget about the entire Northern Alliance? Which did everything except the laser designating?

Are there any maps showing the frontlines, the regions, the warzones and so on?

In the beginning of the SP campaign there was a short look on a map which showed the ground occupied by the insurgents.

Here you go. Took it from the briefing and turned into JPEG

th.3be67ce673.jpg

Here you go. Took it from the briefing and turned into JPEG

th.3be67ce673.jpg

Thank you! :)

This means our map is just a part of Chernarus. Ok, didn't know that.

It would be awesome if we get the whole map some day. :cool:

We could not translate the strategy of the marines in game to real life.

I don't think that they would send in only 1 MEU. After the marines would have conquered some beachheads, the army surely would succeed.

Maybe its a reinforced MEU with all kinds of tropps.

I hope there will be an aircraft carrier addon soon.

Did you maybe forget about the entire Northern Alliance? Which did everything except the laser designating?

Yeah? What did they do? Retreat when under fire? Leave our guys out in the open? Advance only when it was absolutely and positively secure?

I didn't forget anything or anyone.

Mazar-e-Sharif wasn't exactly hard.

Yeah? What did they do? Retreat when under fire? Leave our guys out in the open? Advance only when it was absolutely and positively secure?

I didn't forget anything or anyone.

Mazar-e-Sharif wasn't exactly hard.

They charged lines of T-55s, BMP-2s, Shilkas and Grads on horseback. In the open. They did most of the work finally clearing the (insert name here) fort after the prison uprising that almost lost Mazar and could have delayed the fall of the country until spring. Special Forces and SBS were there too, but mostly just dropped a JDAM on themselves and flipped over a Northern Alliance tank.

They charged lines of T-55s, BMP-2s, Shilkas and Grads on horseback. In the open. They did most of the work finally clearing the (insert name here) fort after the prison uprising that almost lost Mazar and could have delayed the fall of the country until spring. Special Forces and SBS were there too, but mostly just dropped a JDAM on themselves and flipped over a Northern Alliance tank.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. What did the NA do prior to 9/11? Nothing. They advanced on Kabul a few times and fell apart at the seams. What did they do post-9/11? Re-occupied the country. Can you take a guess how they were able to do this?

I've said it before and I"ll say it again:

The Afghan fighter:

The most overhyped and underperforming warrior in our time. Except maybe the Navy SEALs.

I don't even know where to begin with this post. What did the NA do prior to 9/11? Nothing. They advanced on Kabul a few times and fell apart at the seams. What did they do post-9/11? Re-occupied the country. Can you take a guess how they were able to do this?

What were they doing? They were losing a decades-long war.

I've said it before and I"ll say it again:

The Afghan fighter:

The most overhyped and underperforming warrior in our time. Except maybe the Navy SEALs.

The Navy SEALs may be overhyped, but people generally give them credit for showing up, not to mention doing all the legwork. I think you've strayed a bit from your original post where you said the Special Forces defeated thousands of Taliban on their own. You can't win a war with SOFLAMs alone, and they would have lasted about three days without the Northern Alliance because, well, you have to have an army to take over a country.

What were they doing? They were losing a decades-long war.

FPDR

The Taliban was formed in 1994. Shah Massoud abandoned Kabul in 1996. Hardly a "decades-long war".

The Navy SEALs may be overhyped, but people generally give them credit for showing up, not to mention doing all the legwork.

Actually, I complain about them notshowing up and not doing all the legwork. And people who are generally giving them credit are probably sitting around masturbating on MP.net.

I think you've strayed a bit from your original post where you said the Special Forces defeated thousands of Taliban on their own. You can't win a war with SOFLAMs alone, and they would have lasted about three days without the Northern Alliance because, well, you have to have an army to take over a country.

I didn't say anything about taking over a country. I said they "routed the Taliban". You need to work on reading what people actually type instead of projecting a different meaning.

I didn't say anything about taking over a country. I said they "routed the Taliban". You need to work on reading what people actually type instead of projecting a different meaning.

They wouldn't have routed the Taliban either.