Sign in to follow this  
Evanevan297

medevac support units

Hi everyone. I have done tons of google searches over and over and have yet to find my issue so I'm probably just doing something wrong. When I give a MEDEVAC or ambulance unit a support waypoint and then attempt to use the support command menu to call in an ambulance or medic support, it just keeps saying that there is no support available at this time, but when i give an ammo truck a support waypoint I am able to call it in just fine. Am I missing something?

It does not seem like you are doing anything wrong, from what you say.

The simplest way I know of, is to put in an ambulance, just attach the support way point it, and call it in via the menu. Of course, in a war zone, good luck if it gets to you.

If you are doing the above, I can't see why it would not work.

Also, you can try grouping a medic to the ambulance, and then calling for a medic. For that matter, you can put a crew with a medic in, say, an empty tank, and call him. There is a script somewhere that will allow you to give the medic the ability to heal, but not like the modules do.

Or, writing a more detailed script, like the Medevac Module, which you may want to look into. I have something real simple if you want it, but it is WIP.

EDIT: Oh, welcome to the forum. :)

Edited by CyOp

Thanks for the welcome, and the quick reply! I'm doing the exact same thing that I'm doing for the ammo truck... Does it matter if I'm using ACE?

EDIT: Attempted it with other factions medevac units and have the same problem

Edited by Evanevan297

I think something is either messed up with ace or my install... a lot of the menu options that you access with the scrollwheel for the ace content aren't working either, like the huntIR monitor or claymores.....

I guess you have done the obvious and tried the dif support types in vanilla?

If it working, what was the problem?