Sign in to follow this  
-RIP-Tyson

IR Strobe height

I promise I have searched, found a lot of threads and tried everything I can without any luck...

I want an AI civilian to walk up to the roof of a building drop an IR strobe and walk away afterwards.

I have a waypoint with "irstrobe1="IR_Strobe_Marker" createVehicle getPos ir1" and a gamelogic called ir1.

when the Ai hits teh wp the IR strobe appears and everything works fine except the strobe is downstairs and I want it on the roof.

I've tried setpos and various other ideas but nothing raises the height of the strobe.

I just know this is something simple.... but can someone help me?

What do I need to code and where should it be coded?

In nice simple terms too please ;)

Well, IR_Strobe_Marker is basically the heart of the sun as far as I can tell, and it doesn't matter if it's at ground floor or on the roof, it's gonna light up a 10 block radius as if it's high noon...

thelightitburns.jpg

well it spawns inside the building and from certain angles cant be seen hence I would prefer it on the roof if possible....

I see very little unless I use night vision.

The problem seems to be that the strobe falls, even using the attchto command it repeatedly falls about a meter and then resets.

It also falls through objects.

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

It seems it will attach to a flagpole

this hideobject true;irstrobe1="IR_Strobe_Marker" createVehicle getPos this;
irstrobe1 attachto [this,[0,0,4]]

something like that will work placed in the init of the flagpole, adjust the final variable in the attachto command for the height.

Edited by F2k Sel

instead of using a gamelogic, use an invisible helipad and setPos or setPosATL. that should work.

I think the IR strobe broke in one of the later betas, as now it's no longer IR only and will shine like the sun.

instead of using a gamelogic, use an invisible helipad and setPos or setPosATL. that should work.

Attaching it to a heli pad will result in the strobe falling about 1 meter or so before repeating. There are only a few objects that it will attach to without falling.

I think the IR strobe broke in one of the later betas, as now it's no longer IR only and will shine like the sun.

That's my picture above. :)