What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Looking forward to a list of all the changes in the new version, now that I have it :)

No, not yet. Just because I had forget what I was changing at all... but I can tell you, it was not so much^^ I can think about that... one sec.... Let me think, what have I changed ?

Missing M107 sounds

Missing Noises for BMP

Missing Noises for T72

Environment fixed - these static noises (so I hope, I guess it was the right one that I had deleted^^)

Reworked all 20-30mm non-HE (ap) Ammo hits/explosions

Reworked some of the configs

Reworked ALL handheld weapons with new echo`s (WoodyClear Pack)

Added new Gravel Movement sounds

Added Swim sounds (not tested so far)

Reworked Config for more different Gear styles

Reworked all SD-Weapons

Reworked BRDM/BRT 90 weapon

Reworked A10 Engine sounds

Reworked Gau8 sounds and Config

Added Signatures for all DLC content

Reworked some Configs for better matching Sound-levels

Reworked an Helicopter (don't know wich one^^)

Reworked all Shell/Cannon explosions with extra "Metal-Hits"-Sounds

well, I guess thats it so far... don't know, maybe a bit more...

Please tell me all your problems you have and I can now notice them for my stupid Brain^^ So I can work on something...

Jarhead

EDIT: Should work on campaign... I don't know. Just tell me if not so I going to work on that and bring it with the first patch.

Well, I should give an constructive comments for my downloads on the front-page I guess...

Hey Jarhead, just noticed that the FFAR fires like 4 ffars per salvo, but I don't think it actually fires them. Hop in a cobra and fire the FFARs and you'll see what I mean.

Yeah, thanks ;)

Yap, you right with the FFAR/HYDRA... firing about 4 at once, going to put this to the patch list.

Also this:

Bullet-By -> Need a completely rework! Totally shit. Watch your ears Mates, there I an critical Error on these things, bringing up the Volume to an ultra High level! better don't come under fire!

STRYKER -> I will rework it or just make a whole new one.

LAV25 -> Same as STRYKER

Waterstep-Sounds dont work, dont know why, rework that

Yeah ,thanks, i forgot to say. This is my favourite mod together with WarFX!

Hehe, yeah 2 great addons for sure, many great modders here. There are so many great mods from this community I have trouble

keeping up.

A little bug:

the M4A3 have still stock sound ;)

Thanks, thats what I was waiting the most :D

Thanks, gonna fix it now!

Jarhead

EDIT: Could you try both of the M4A3! I mean the one with GL and the other on without GL! Thanks!

Edited by LordJarhead

Thanks, thats what I was waiting the most :D

Thanks, gonna fix it now!

Jarhead

EDIT: Could you try both of the M4A3! I mean the one with GL and the other on without GL! Thanks!

Yes both (M4A3 amd M4A3GL) have stock sound

edit:

the HE round (M4A3) works

Edited by bensdale

=====================================================================

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -nopause "-name=DarkEclip" "-mod=@cba;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@sthud;@stmovement;@WarFx;@BSM;@GL4" -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2048 -ExThreads=7

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/30 11:48:11

Current time: 2010/12/06 14:12:50

Version 1.56.76134

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon JSRS_CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'

Conflicting addon CA_Dubbing in 'ca\dubbing\', previous definition in 'jsrs_radio_chatter_c\'

Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

From my Arma2oa.RPT

Lord Jarhead, Is it possible to rework the sounds of the M134 that are mounted on the Littlebirds and the Armored SUV? Here's a video on what it sounds like.

Real M134

As you can see, the real gun is more of a constant sound, and you can't hear the individual shots, other sounds mods have done a very nice job replicating this kind of sound with the A-10, is it possible you could do the same for this?

Other than that, I love this SM, its all I use. Keep up the great job!

Edited by lo0se
Fixed link

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe

== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -world=empty -nopause "-name=DarkEclip" "-mod=@cba;@jsrs-e;@jsrs-v;@jsrs-vw;@jsrs-w;@sthud;@stmovement;@WarFx;@BSM;@GL4" -cpuCount=4 -maxmem=2048 -ExThreads=7

Exe timestamp: 2010/11/30 11:48:11

Current time: 2010/12/06 14:12:50

Version 1.56.76134

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Conflicting addon JSRS_CAWeapons_E in 'jsrs_sa61_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_m4a3_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Mi17 in 'jsrs_mi17_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ka50_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_AH64E in 'jsrs_mi24_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_ah64e_c\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_Sonic_Cracks in 'jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_explosions_c\'

Conflicting addon CA_Dubbing in 'ca\dubbing\', previous definition in 'jsrs_radio_chatter_c\'

Updating base class manual->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_mk48_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/Mk_48/manual/

Updating base class B_9x18_Ball->BulletBase, by jsrs_sonic_cracks_c\config.bin/CfgAmmo/B_9x19_Ball/

Updating base class MGun->Mode_FullAuto, by jsrs_m240coax_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M240_veh/manual/

Updating base class Mode_SemiAuto->SCAR_H_Single, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Mode_FullAuto->SCAR_H_FullAuto, by jsrs_scar_h_c\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper_SD/SCAR_H_SD_FullAuto/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

From my Arma2oa.RPT

Hmm. I guess its just "unrepairable"... because I have no Idea how to fix that "Updating Class" or "Duplication/Conflicting" things because I need the previous definition... otherwise only on of them would play his sounds...

I don't understand that... well, thanks mate. But I see no more Missing sounds so far. Thats good ... so far...

Lord Jarhead, Is it possible to rework the sounds of the M134 that are mounted on the Littlebirds and the Armored SUV? Here's a video on what it sounds like.

Real M134

As you can see, the real gun is more of a constant sound, and you can't hear the individual shots, other sounds mods have done a very nice job replicating this kind of sound with the A-10, is it possible you could do the same for this?

Other than that, I love this SM, its all I use. Keep up the great job!

Thanks Mate. Yah, I gonna rework the M134 for you. I don't like it either...^^

Jarhead

I reworked the Bullet-By's. Fixed the FFAR/Hydras for manual 1 shoot system. Watersteps are in the game and working well. So some small fixes for the first Patch.

Jarhead

I reworked the Bullet-By's. Fixed the FFAR/Hydras for manual 1 shoot system. Watersteps are in the game and working well. So some small fixes for the first Patch.

Jarhead

very good m8!

and so fast!

well i have some comments ;)

1- A10 impact sound of the gau -8 need to reworked (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eD_Lo61rAw&feature=related) it's like a fireworks

2- Apache M230 gun need to be louder but the sound is perfect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hchBmg-Vo7k&feature=related) this video is on a apache , imagine the sound outside ;)

3- M240 abrams gun need a little bit more work , too much bass (

) use the Battlefield compagny 2 sound for reference

4- Flare sound , ace flare sound is very good

Thanks anyway this is a good release ;)

well i have some comments

Haha, well, its the first time I do that, but: No, I don't want to rework my A10 Hit sounds :p I love them^^

The Abrams M240 sound is nice. But for a sound like in the Vid I would have to change the RPM of the Gun because the RPM ingame is toooooo fucking slow to get an nice trrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaam sound like that ;)

But I give it a try ;)

Jarhead

i found a "bug" M240 sound is the same on the gunner position and reloader on abrams same for the static M240 tried with ace.

edit : i mean the hit by impact sound !

Edited by M1n1d0u

I reworked the M240COAX... hope you gonna like it... I LOVE IT ^^

Well, I dont exactly know what do you mean...^^

Jarhead