What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

You are awesome LJ!

Can't wait to please my ears with this mod.

Hey!

This mod is really nice, but really there is some weird things, like for exemple, when a vehicle is on the map, i hear it like if it would be next to me even if it is like at 500m from me. Also sometimes i hear reloading sound from people who are 200m away.

Other things, some Chopper sound are really in low sound quality, i have impression to watch a low quality vid on youtube that sad, and its same for some other vehicle. Also the quad and bike sound really ridiculous on 3th person view (on first its ok).

Except this, its a great mod, with a lot lot of work seemingly. Good work!

Hey!

This mod is really nice, but really there is some weird things, like for exemple, when a vehicle is on the map, i hear it like if it would be next to me even if it is like at 500m from me. Also sometimes i hear reloading sound from people who are 200m away.

Other things, some Chopper sound are really in low sound quality, i have impression to watch a low quality vid on youtube that sad, and its same for some other vehicle. Also the quad and bike sound really ridiculous on 3th person view (on first its ok).

I suspect something is wrong on your side....

@Toncy87, maybe something is wrong on my side about the distance vehicle sound problem but then from what it could come ?

@Toncy87, maybe something is wrong on my side about the distance vehicle sound problem but then from what it could come ?

I don´t know. I once had the problem that the distance script wasn´t working at all, I fixed the issue by redownloading the mod (the first download may have been corrupted)

Hey!

This mod is really nice,

Thanks!

but really there is some weird things, like for exemple, when a vehicle is on the map, i hear it like if it would be next to me even if it is like at 500m from me.

Fixed in 1.5!

Also sometimes i hear reloading sound from people who are 200m away.

Arma Engine! Not caused by JSRS!

Other things, some Chopper sound are really in low sound quality, i have impression to watch a low quality vid on youtube that sad, and its same for some other vehicle.

Its damn hard to find decent quality videos for all known vehicles ingame. But most of them has been changed or reworked already in 1.5 so your ears wont bleed anymore because of low quality sounds ;)

Also the quad and bike sound really ridiculous on 3th person view (on first its ok).

Fixed in 1.5!

Thank you.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Thanks for answer, but wich version is the fixed version ? i think i got already the good one, downloaded on armaholic in august. I dont remember if its the 1.4 rc or the 1.4.3... what i must download and use then ? x)

Ah ok, it will be fixed in next version. I watched some vids on youtube of 1.5, the few i saw promise to be good good :p

does anyone have a working link for the 1.4.3 update? the two links provided both seem to be broken.

Try: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16175

BTW guys, I'm looking for a new file server. If there is anyone who's so kind to provide me a decent file server to store my backup files, a hidden non public area plus a public area for the JSRS 1.5 release, just let me know and PM me. It'll be much appreciated ;)

You should be aware of the massive downloads JSRS 1.5 will cause at release, plus immense amount of GIG's for all my backups. Keep that in mind before you offer anything, I don't want to kill you servers, you should be aware of that^^

LJ

If your backing up gigs, why online? Surely raw data would be massive and best local? Why not invest in some ICY box's external USB with some lower gig SATA's and have 2 external backup drives (mirrors)?

http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3156/raidsonic_icy_box_ib_318_and_ib_250_usb_3_0_hdd_enclosures_video_review/

Yah, right, but its not only backing up my files, its also having a online public file server for quick releases like updates, full JSRS1.5 release or what ever. What if my house burns down? No external backups left then :D So its good to have another place to hide my stuff. Also its for me easier to upload my files via filezilla and having an own web-space to share my stuff with you. Better than uploading to multiupload or whatever, where I would have to delete and re-upload files which may needed to be fixed or so.

Beside, my external HDD is kinda dying already I'm afraid, some of the pictures on it are unable to open or broken. Will have to wait till next month to get a new HDD, my PSU (a cheap on) and the CPU fan died some days ago... damn, mama always told me, I should go out more :P

LJ

i can't seem to get this mod to work. i'm running CO with ACE & ASR AI. i put the @JSRS1.4 and @JSRS_ACE modfolders in my documents/Arma2 directory (including the latest patch) as with any other mod and i added it to the startup parameters of my shortcut. when i launch, neither of the 2 JSRS modfolders appear in the list on the right side of the main menu (every other addon i've tried does appear in that list), but they do appear to be enabled in the 'expansions' tab of the main menu which lists active addons as well. i'm pretty certain that none of the sounds in game have changed though.

If you have the mod folder @JSRS1.4 you have to check if the AddOns Folder is in there. Also did you just downloaded the patch or the whole mod (which is over 1 gig btw)?

To be sure, use a Arma Launcher or place the Mod in your Arma Main directory, like: X:/Arma2/@JSRS1.4/ and add that into the startup parameters of your shortcut. Download JSRS 1.4 RC and then the patch, install JSRS 1.4 first and overwrite all files with the patch files in 1.4.3.

Also you can use the SixUpdater to get this mod up to date.

LJ

confirming that i downloaded JSRS 1.4 and then the 1.4.3 patch, overwriting the original install with the patch files as needed. i also tried to search on PlayWithSix (which i understand is the new version of SixUpdater; i looked for a SixUpdater download and couldn't find one) for the mod but couldn't find it. the @JSRS1.4 modfolder is in the documents/Arma2 folder with all my other modfolders (ACE, ASR AI, dayZ, fallujah, everything).

edit: found a proper link for SixUpdater just now (it was in the 'fine print' on the regular download site where i got PlayWithSix). i'll try to update with that.

Edited by HFTB

the @JSRS1.4 modfolder is in the documents/Arma2 folder with all my other modfolders

And its @JSRS1.4/AddOns and NOT @JSRS1.4/@JSRS1.4/AddOns? Maybe thats causing the trouble?

Otherwise I can always suggest to use a Arma Launcher like Arma II Launcher 3.11 ;)

LJ

thanks a lot for the prompt assistance, jarhead. using both sixupdater and the arma II launcher i was able to get it to work, i think (love both of those programs too, so cheers again). i've uncovered a couple of problems in my initial testing but i love what i've heard so far otherwise:

1) the M4A1 CCO has no firing sound. the M4A1 (non-CCO) and M4A3 CCO are both fine from what i can tell but the regular M4A1 is completely silent.

2) when i launch a LAN server and start the game, i get a pop-error saying that i can't play/edit the mission because a necessary addon has been deleted (or something to that affect), and it indicates the file is something like "jsrs distance".

3) not sure if this is a problem or just my own interpretation, but the AT4 is really quiet. when i fire it, i just hear a little 'puff' sound and a kind of 'ping' sound, followed by the explosion. i don't even really remember what it sounded like previously so perhaps that is a correct/accurate sound for the AT4. my gut reaction was just that it was a really quiet (if not entirely non-existent). perhaps it is the correct sound and i am just paranoid what with the M4A1 CCO sound.

any ideas?

edit for clarification: after i close the MP/LAN error about "jsrs distance" being deleted, i'm able to play the game just fine, but i don't know if doing so somehow impacts the performance of the addon.

Edited by HFTB

thanks a lot for the prompt assistance, jarhead. using both sixupdater and the arma II launcher i was able to get it to work, i think (love both of those programs too, so cheers again). i've uncovered a couple of problems in my initial testing but i love what i've heard so far otherwise:

1) the M4A1 CCO has no firing sound. the M4A1 (non-CCO) and M4A3 CCO are both fine from what i can tell but the regular M4A1 is completely silent.

2) when i launch a LAN server and start the game, i get a pop-error saying that i can't play/edit the mission because a necessary addon has been deleted (or something to that affect), and it indicates the file is something like "jsrs distance".

3) not sure if this is a problem or just my own interpretation, but the AT4 is really quiet. when i fire it, i just hear a little 'puff' sound and a kind of 'ping' sound, followed by the explosion. i don't even really remember what it sounded like previously so perhaps that is a correct/accurate sound for the AT4. my gut reaction was just that it was a really quiet (if not entirely non-existent). perhaps it is the correct sound and i am just paranoid what with the M4A1 CCO sound.

any ideas?

edit for clarification: after i close the MP/LAN error about "jsrs distance" being deleted, i'm able to play the game just fine, but i don't know if doing so somehow impacts the performance of the addon.

Ok, as far as I can tell, you missing some pbo files. So you may NOT have the whole JSRS. No one else has missing sounds, and the AT4 is just wonderful and loud enough, the puff you hear might be the flying rocket puff when its releasing the tube. So the AT4 is missing also for ya. There is something wrong. How big is your @JSRS1.4/AddOns folder? Check if its over 1.50 Gb. If not, than you miss something. I would suggest to delete the whole mod and download it completely new from SixUpdater, just to be sure ;)

I hope you can fix that problem, since my old Fileserver is kinda missing or down (dunno)...

LJ

Question to the config pro's:

class M240: Rifle

{

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\JSRS_M240\Reload",2,1,200};

class manual: Mode_FullAuto

{

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M240\M240_a1",2,1,500};

begin2[] = {"\JSRS_M240\M240_a2",2,1,500};

begin3[] = {"\JSRS_M240\M240_a3",2,1,500};

begin4[] = {"\JSRS_M240\M240_a4",2,1,500};

soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};

aiRateOfFire = 0.1; // delay between shots at given distance

aiRateOfFireDistance = 50;

};

class close : manual

{

aiRateOfFireDistance = 200;

};

class short : close

{

aiRateOfFireDistance = 400;

};

class medium : close

{

aiRateOfFireDistance = 600;

};

class far : close

{

aiRateOfFireDistance = 800;

};

I was trying to give the AI a different ROF but it seems useless. The AI is changing their ROF depending on distance to the player. So an MG does no sounds like a MG burst anymore, more like a semi auto m16 or something. I know there is a ticket in the DevHeaven already: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/21844

Seems like it has not fixed so far. So I wondering if I could fix that myself just for the most common MG's like M240, M249, PK, RPK.... and if its not causing too much trouble, I would like to go for vehicle weapons like AAGuns maybe. But the small arms are more important.

I tried the config entry above without any luck, AI is still changing their ROF hardly. Already after 50 meters with makes no sense to me at all... So, anyone an Idea?

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

thanks again man -- i completely deleted everything and reinstalled a second time and it seems to have done the trick. still a lot of testing to do, but i just ran through several guns in the editor and they sounded amazing. really great work!

one last thing, is the sixupdater version fully up to date or should i follow up with the 1.4.3 patch as well?

thanks again man -- i completely deleted everything and reinstalled a second time and it seems to have done the trick. still a lot of testing to do, but i just ran through several guns in the editor and they sounded amazing. really great work!

one last thing, is the sixupdater version fully up to date or should i follow up with the 1.4.3 patch as well?

Happy to hear you could fix it ;) Enjoy man. Nah, SixUp is up to date ;)

LJ

isnt there more settings and you are not adding them so probability always remains as : Manual ,

ai rate of fire is changed yes i see it but what about these others ?

class close: manual
	{
burst = 10;
		aiRateOfFire = 0.5;
		aiRateOfFireDistance = 50;
		minRange = 10;
		minRangeProbab = 0.05;
		midRange = 20;
		midRangeProbab = 0.58;
		maxRange = 50;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.04;
		showToPlayer = 0;
}:
class short: close
	{
		burst = 8;
		aiRateOfFire = 2;
		aiRateOfFireDistance = 300;
		minRange = 50;
		minRangeProbab = 0.05;
		midRange = 150;
		midRangeProbab = 0.58;
		maxRange = 300;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.04;
	};
	class medium: close
	{
		burst = 12;
		aiRateOfFire = 3;
		aiRateOfFireDistance = 600;
		minRange = 200;
		minRangeProbab = 0.05;
		midRange = 400;
		midRangeProbab = 0.58;
		maxRange = 600;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.04;
	};
	class far: close
	{
		burst = 16;
		aiRateOfFire = 5;
		aiRateOfFireDistance = 1000;
		minRange = 400;
		minRangeProbab = 0.05;
		midRange = 600;
		midRangeProbab = 0.4;
		maxRange = 900;
		maxRangeProbab = 0.01;
	};

Yah, but how do I change those values... what about "Burst" whats the point of that entry? Would be cool if there is anyone who might be able to help me out with that. It would fix a pain in the ass issue I have....

LJ