What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Yeah, I don't think I get a FPS hit either.

But the thing is, the distance script isn't going to work for me. In any chaotic sound environment, I feel like I'm in some sort of daze.

My weapon doesn't make any sound half the time, and same with my squadmates nearby. Really, all I hear are muffled sonic snaps, or a very quiet pop from a gunshot 250m away. I guess guess you need a really good computer to get this to work.

Edit: If anyone else has a minimum req dual core, and has completely reliable sounds in big battles, let me know. Maybe it's ACE or something.

Ok, first of all, you need CBA latest. Then you will need an vehicles on the map, no matter what it is! Then, pull up the played samples to 128!!!! Of course you need it that high just because of 4 or 5 times more sounds getting played! And at least, dont use other Soundmods or parts of it. See if you run ACE SM or so!

Oh and I didn't played with the new ACE Update... but I guess there are not much changes to the engine!

And: I wont rework any sounds now ... for a long time! I deserve my freetime now, at least for this year! So dont even start about telling me, what sounds are "not so good" and so on.

And the ACE stuff will following too. I just have to do some config work till its working fine. So be patient, you have something to play with now, this should be more then enough! :)

Jarhead

Ok, first of all, you need CBA latest. Then you will need an vehicles on the map, no matter what it is! Then, pull up the played samples to 128!!!! Of course you need it that high just because of 4 or 5 times more sounds getting played!

Aaaaaah, that fixed it! I thought I was going to have to revert! 128 sound samples make my busiest mission sound fantastic with no FPS hit. I think 128 samples 1.14 actually gave me a FPS BOOST from 28 samples 1.13!

I assume I need all these samples because the distance script makes the game play every sonic snap instead of a select few.

And at least, dont use other Soundmods or parts of it. See if you run ACE SM or so!

I'll ignore this advice, since the whole point of JSRS is its modularity.

I can report that using a few pbos from RWS caused no problems. I use their M134, because the distance script doesn't work with the JSRS M134 anyways. The sound plays instantly.

But I am having a hard time swallowing one thing: gunshots fade with distance far too quickly. At 300m I can hear barely anything, just a pop. And then the sound stays the same, all the way out to 1000m. This makes many firefights too quiet and hurts situational awareness.

If guns could sound at 400m like they do at 200m, all would be perfect.

But I am having a hard time swallowing one thing: gunshots fade with distance far too quickly. At 300m I can hear barely anything, just a pop. And then the sound stays the same, all the way out to 1000m. This makes many firefights too quiet and hurts situational awareness.

I agree, but other than this its deffinatly the best sound mod out there! :ok:

Just played through a mission using the new HAC thing and very very very good atmosphere and seemed very realistic. I was sitting on the edge of my seet. ;)

Very impressive soundscape! :) Thank you for the massive effort of creating this.

I noticed a small problem which im not sure if its 1.60 or the soundmod at this point, but when i shoot i hear the impact no matter how far away with the same volume and instantly. No distance delay and high volume even when hitting something (ground/objects) far away.

Small one that can wait. Very impressed with the sounds and the new immersion this brings. Good job.

Very impressive soundscape! :) Thank you for the massive effort of creating this.

I noticed a small problem which im not sure if its 1.60 or the soundmod at this point, but when i shoot i hear the impact no matter how far away with the same volume and instantly. No distance delay and high volume even when hitting something (ground/objects) far away.

Small one that can wait. Very impressed with the sounds and the new immersion this brings. Good job.

With any caliber and any object? Try putting a vehicle on the map so the distance script is definitely working.

Are you sure it's not the ammo cases hitting the ground you're hearing? Cause I don't have that at all.

And: I wont rework any sounds now ... for a long time! I deserve my freetime now, at least for this year! So dont even start about telling me, what sounds are "not so good" and so on.

LordJarhead make patch or full version future rework any sounds ?

I agree, Jarhead needs his break and I don't think anybody can ask him to continue working on it for now especially after all this hard work. I had my samples pretty low so maybe that could be why I don't hear much in battles but still the new sounds are fabulous.

Jarhead, I'm not sure if anyone reported this yet, but the M32 grenade launcher that's mounted on the KA-60 helicopter (PMC) has a vanilla shooting sound (compared to the M32 that you can carry around).

But that's like the only little flaw I could seehear and I've been playing around with 1.4 for HOURS now.

I am use old sound AK74 and explosions 1.33 match beter fo me with 1.4.

1.4 very good sound addon.Thanks LordJarhead to you work.

Yeah, one thing Jarhead, not sure if it was meant to be fixed or not, the AK-74 sounds still most of the time revert to vanilla when using ACE, which is a shame considering how good the sound for the weapon is.

All in all, doesn't make that much of a difference to me in how much I use the soundmod.

I would like to thank all the People who have provided their Bandwith for the Torrent-Download. :thumb:

Next Time i will create it a little bit more Professional with Webspace and FTP Server. :)

That's another problem with JSRS 1.4

Even when staying 100m away from a friendly squad all I can hear is bullet sonic pops - and bushes sometimes silence even Apache completely.

The situational awareness is being hurt indeed.

I've also noticed that M249 is too silent too. I stay 2m away from it and my SCAR sounds louder than it.

Jarhead, can you please sign 1.33 with v2 signatures if possible?

Aaaaaah, that fixed it! I thought I was going to have to revert! 128 sound samples make my busiest mission sound fantastic with no FPS hit. I think 128 samples 1.14 actually gave me a FPS BOOST from 28 samples 1.13!

I assume I need all these samples because the distance script makes the game play every sonic snap instead of a select few.

I'll ignore this advice, since the whole point of JSRS is its modularity.

I can report that using a few pbos from RWS caused no problems. I use their M134, because the distance script doesn't work with the JSRS M134 anyways. The sound plays instantly.

Yah I'm not working so long with that script! Be sure there will be alot more of stuff I will do with it in future! For now, thats the way it is!

Maybe you mean the shells falling on the ground! Try to delete the Shells_c.pbo in the AddOns forlder to get rid of them!

That's another problem with JSRS 1.4

Even when staying 100m away from a friendly squad all I can hear is bullet sonic pops - and bushes sometimes silence even Apache completely.

The situational awareness is being hurt indeed.

I've also noticed that M249 is too silent too. I stay 2m away from it and my SCAR sounds louder than it.

Jarhead, can you please sign 1.33 with v2 signatures if possible?

:mad:

Alright! I got enough! If your computer does not cope with it or you simply can not set up 128 samples, or simply can not listen, then I'm so fucking sorry!

You have to put a car on the map!

You have to put on 128 samples!

You have to load the latest version of CBA!

You have to play instead of telling me whats wrong bla bla bla

All I can say is, its working great on all other systems we played with! On my system it runs without any problems! On McLupo's systems it runs without problems! On Betsalel's sytem it runs without problems! With all of the brigade-testers, it ran without problems! I dont know whats going on on your computers! And I sry to hear all this over the last pages! :(

I'm sry about the stuff going on with the mod! Its working great on the systems we played with, thats what I was supposed to do!

If you have so much, tough and harsh problems with it... disable it and you're free from trouble! Use, as mentioned, RWS or ACE SM or all the other great soundmods.

Jarhead

PS: And dont even start again with "he explodes randomly!". Listen to some of you guys! Just take this damn thing and shut up! If I wanna hear any problems, i will ask you :D

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

considering its christmas and its so fucking awsome im sending a donation your way jarhead :)

Thank you so much mate! Wish a merry christmas time!

Jarhead

It has nothing to do with the amount of samples in this case. I've set them to 128 and the sound is still improperly calculated over the distance.

I put two squads precisely 200m away from me in the desert fighting - and 95% of what I hear is sonic pops while barely hearing the very silent sound of AK once in a while.

However the moment I move within around 100m I can hear everything at a normal volume (and no sound gets lost anywhere)

I'm using the latest versions of everything.

Edited by metalcraze

Tested 1.4 for the first time this morning, and i have to say :

Great Work Bro. The Illusion is complete! Had to run around crouched at my Desktop with Headphones on because all of the Whizzes and Cracks. :D

Distance Script works here as listened in the Brig2010 Videos. Finally my X-FI got something to do.

Again, thank you all for the hard Work. The Effort was worth it. :D

LJ - Donation sent - you put a lot of work into this - thanks very much for your efforts. Have a great day.

Merry Christmas!

It has nothing to do with the amount of samples in this case. I've set them to 128 and the sound is still improperly calculated over the distance.

I put two squads precisely 200m away from me in the desert fighting - and 95% of what I hear is sonic pops while barely hearing the very silent sound of AK once in a while.

However the moment I move within around 100m I can hear everything at a normal volume (and no sound gets lost anywhere)

I'm using the latest versions of everything.

Vehicle?

Jarhead. Another donation to put towards your christmas beer fund sent! Thanks again for the enormous amount of work you have put into this mod.

I've added LAV if that's considered a vehicle.

As I've said sounds don't disappear with 128 samples, they just become too silent over the short distance.

I didn't have such problem with any of previous JSRS versions.

Don't worry LJ, what you have done is fantastic, so get some drink and have a great holiday now :D

sorry for my noob question but what's the difference enter 128 and 32 samples and what is the effect in game ? (that's not an offensive or anything that's just interst me)

Ok I did a little more testing. I played a lot around in the editor today and tried different Missions and it's epic.

Almost perfect I might say.

The only thing I noticed is that small arms fire and secondary explosions aren't noticable over longer ranges (vehicle present etc., I read what you wrote). As long as you're in the action it isn't noticable but when you're watching a firefight that's taking place over 1000m away it's definately too quiet.

That beeing said I don't care that much atm since it sounds so great in all other situations. You have a done a fantastic job!

Cheers ;)