What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Running A2:CO beta 82604, BAF, PMC and @JSRS v1.33

tested A-10 (US & USMC) and AH-64D (US & USMC).

No CTD when firing Hydra on Takistan

Thanks for the info mate!

;1979236']:yeahthat:

Can confirm this on all vanilla islands with latest stable patch (1.10/1.59)' date=' in 1st and 3rd person, though it may be down to the system of the user...[/quote']

Yah, this could be it. Because in the CTD Crashlog he says something about an Audio_x2.dll or something in your Windows root. Maybe its because of non updated hadrwaredrivers for mainboards. But this is a big thing, much more than I could ask you. No soundmodder could ask the user's for updating thei're systems because of some sounds...

yeah i know i should have followed a bit but i just came back from a week in london, and started playing yesterday again and kept crashing, but thanks anyway, ill test it with different sound mods and otherwise ill delete the hydra sound files and see if it still crashes

Thanks, don't worry mate. Please inform me about your tests with other soundmods, would be really interesting...

So guys, Its my birthday today, so I jump out for a while. Thanks for your help!

Have a lot of fun!

Cheers!

Jarhead

Ah happy birthday LJ! Take it easy dude. :)

Yeahhh Happy Birthday to the greatest Sound Modder in ArmA Univers.....:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Happy Birthday from the whole Brig2010 :cheers:

Joyeux Anniversaire from the hot and humid Alps

Thank you guys! Yah, was a lot of fun ;) Now I have 3 weeks vacation and can chill out a bit.

Thanks so far,

Jahread

Whenever I guy near a big battle with soldiers using AK-74s, I get snatches of vanilla sounds. It's like only 90% of the soldiers are using JSRS sounds.

But this never seems to happen to me when I am holding the gun. Anyone else experiencing this?

Edit: Yes, now the AK-74 has vanilla sounds whenever the AI uses it.

Edited by maturin

never happened to me before, I think I am running latest, the one with working BAF vehciel sounds etc.

CiA coop night video featuring latest JSRS sound mod, including BAF:

(those interested in joining use the link on my signature)

C3VA9mfFGx0

Correction, ACE 1.11 makes the AK-74 have a vanilla sound when used by AI.

Correction, ACE 1.11 makes the AK-74 have a vanilla sound when used by AI.

OK, but it's not caused by ACE. Seems rather like JSRS config issue.

OK, but it's not caused by ACE. Seems rather like JSRS config issue.

Well, yes I imagine that there is an error in the AK-74 config. But it is an error that has been innocuous until an ACE 1.11 change triggered it, and I was hoping that change would be easy to identify.

Are you able to work with the reloading/chambering sounds at all?

For instance, the M107 has a very distinct bolt action sound after each round, despite it being semi-auto and having a much higher rate of fire than the bolt action sound can keep up with.

Hi guys,

this is not because of JSRS. I didn`t had this error before and there is no chance that there is any hidden error in my config for the AK.

If you really want to test stuff like this, do this without any other Mods installed. You can not be sure there there is an error because of other addons who could causing this...

Jarhead

Anyone else found the game crashing when firing FFAR from Cobras? When I delete the FFAR files from JSRS then there is no crashing.

I am running other mods so there is a possible conflict. But removing the files stops the crash.

and again...

My game keeps crashing everytime when i fire the hydra's of the A10 or any other aircraft anyone a way to fix this???
You may should follow the thread a bit. Just last page we talked about that problem. And there's no way to fix it. I tried to fix it while changing the config, and while changing the soundfile. So maybe you should test another soundmod and tell me if they're working on Hydras or FFAR's.

Thanks,

Jarhead

so.. yeah... ;)

Hi guys,

this is not because of JSRS. I didn`t had this error before and there is no chance that there is any hidden error in my config for the AK.

If you really want to test stuff like this, do this without any other Mods installed. You can not be sure there there is an error because of other addons who could causing this...

Jarhead

I made a ticket on the ACE bugtracker. They looked at your config files and said this:

AK74 sounds should be defined in class AK_Base, like BIS and ACEX_SM did, but JSRS for some reason put the sound configs in class AK_74, class AK_74_GL etc.

And that's the cause of the problem. They said that one workaround would be to "add a blank class definition under each of those like this:

class ACE_Burst_Far: Burst {};"

Edited by maturin

and again...

so.. yeah... ;)

Well, thanks mate ;)

I made a ticket on the ACE bugtracker. They looked at your config files and said this:

And that's the cause of the problem. They said that one workaround would be to "add a blank class definition under each of those like this:

class ACE_Burst_Far: Burst {};"

Ah, yes, ACE is adding the Burstmode for AK's I guess... or something like that. Well, as said before, JSRS is working well with Arma2CO without any other mods, and thats where my Jobs ends ^^ Please wait till I can go back to work. Still not able to get a new sys, but soon for sure... hope you can life with it some more weeks :(

Jarhead

Well, best solution is changing the place where You define the AK-74 sounds to AK_BASE. It will fix this problem for good, and won't alter AI modifications.

To avoid such problems in the future I advice You to make use of Six Config Browser.

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/tree

Edited by zGuba

Yah well, I know about the browser! And there's no problem to use it, but the AK Config exist since first release, which is probaly one year ago! And this is the first time I heard about that, so.... shit happen's :D

As said before, working fine with Arma2 CO without any other mods, that was my goel, done... will fix that later.

Jarhead

will fix that later.

Its a bad time to ask LJ things like that, you know. hes currently in vacation ;)

---------- Post added at 20:21 ---------- Previous post was at 20:20 ----------

next to all the jokes, it is just a matter of time all this will be fixed, so dont worry ;)

Can someone with the CTD after FFAR use post his crash logs in the CIT:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues/new

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:45 ----------

Does anyone have the jsrs_uh60.pbo?

I only have the config (jsrs_uh60_c.pbo) which causes missing sounds and mutes the helo.

Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_start.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_low.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_idle.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\ext_high.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_start.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_low.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_idle.wss'
Cannot load sound 'jsrs_uh60\int_high.wss'