What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hello, Welcome to Bis forums!

Just to note i cant help you with your issue but LordJarhead can.

If theres a release thread for a mod already, then always use that thread, never start a new thread,

here is the thread you want:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?104514-J-S-R-S-1-5

Hi, I am looking for help in an annoying issue.

I recently installed the JSRS mod for Arma 2 OA and the sounds are great and offer a lot more immersion than the stock sounds, however I have a problem. When there is a lot of gunfire around me (or sometimes just a bit), my weapon and any weapons being fired near me do not make a sound when they are shot, simply a faint clicking noise. This issue is also seen in air vehicles and land vehicles, where when there is gunfire near to me, the sound of the vehicle engine and weapons cannot be heard. I have no idea if this is some sort of glitch or perhaps even simply because it cant deal with a lot of entities using the gun sounds. Maybe it is just a feature of the suppression? I haven't found anyone else with this problem and I would really love some help in how to fix it, if it is some form of bug.

Go to your Audio Options and set Samples to 128.

Amazing !!!!

Thanks ;)

A question. What´s the diference between the @JSRC1.5 and the @JSRC_ACE ?

Edited by Phil671

Amazing !!!!

Thanks ;)

A question. What´s the diference between the @JSRC1.5 and the @JSRC_ACE ?

JSRC_ACE is to be used with the ACE mod. I wanted to ask: is there a way to make the loader say "UP", and adding voices to the gunner? Sort of like the effects in M1TP2 and other tank sims.

I understand. Here are the errors anyway:

Error in expression <crap_array set [count jsrs_scrap_array, _source];    };};
};>
 Error position: <_source];    };};
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _source
File JSRS_Distance\scripts\ammo\ak47.sqf, line 19

And so on and so forth for every other weapon class. Look, they are not errors that break anything, they're warnings because the code uses a variable that's not defined before. It was introduced by a beta and it's not going back, it's a new check that wasn't there before, and it affects almost every script.

The errors are VERY easy to solve if you know the script. I'll see if I can do it myself and if I do I'll PM you with the solution.

Thanks for everything else anyway.

I also get these errors now - I don't remember seeing these problems in the past but now I'm using 1.62 and beta patch 108074. The below errors (JSRS errors intermixed with ARTY errors (looking at the path it looks like built-in code from the game) repeat for all weapon class, just like in seba1976's case.

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _firedtime
File ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_shellMonitor.sqf, line 95
Error in expression <shell;           
_elapsedTime = time - _firedTime;
_alt = _shellPos select 2;

>
 Error position: <_firedTime;

>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _firedtime
File ca\modules\ARTY\data\scripts\ARTY_shellMonitor.sqf, line 95
Error in expression <crap_array set [count jsrs_scrap_array, _source];    };};
};>
 Error position: <_source];    };};
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _source
File JSRS_Distance\scripts\ammo\m4gl.sqf, line 19
Error in expression <shell;           
_elapsedTime = time - _firedTime;

>
 Error position: <_firedTime;

I've fixed the code 2 days after I made that post. I've been talking with LJ afterwards and sent him the solution. For some reason that I don't understand he never released the fix.

Also, I've changed my mind regarding the "they are not errors that break anything" sentence I made back then. Almost in every case I've looked into, not only in JSRS but also in lots of scripts of mine and others, the warnings did pointed to real issues that did break things in the end, so thank you BIS for implementing the check and I hope in the next patch you guys can also fix your code :).

Lord Jarhead: do you have any idea when the .rpt issues with JSRS will be fixed? It's a fantastic sound addon but with the current beta patch it generates a lot of .rpt errors.

I've fixed the code 2 days after I made that post. I've been talking with LJ afterwards and sent him the solution. For some reason that I don't understand he never released the fix.

Can you please send me the fix, too? If Lord Jarhead doesn't fix these problems, I'd like to fix them locally.

but with the current beta patch it generates a lot of .rpt errors.

Which current patch? I just downloaded Build 11255

Also, this is Page 686. That has to be a record.

I would like EVERYBODY to please go back to page 1 and read EVERYTHING all over again.

ThxKbye!!

Which current patch? I just downloaded Build 11255

Anything beyond official 1.62 is bound to produce the reports.

---------- Post added at 10:40 ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 ----------

Can you please send me the fix, too? If Lord Jarhead doesn't fix these problems, I'd like to fix them locally.

I'll PM LJ for a permission. If he's OK I have no problem.

Sry guys,

as some saw over @ the JSRS2.0 Alpha thread, I got stuck in some serious real life problems and I totally lost track over ALL projects -.-

I'm updating this soonish, just give me some time to get back into A2/JSRS1.5! Wont leave this project behind broken!

LJ

Sry guys,

as some saw over @ the JSRS2.0 Alpha thread, I got stuck in some serious real life problems and I totally lost track over ALL projects -.-

I'm updating this soonish, just give me some time to get back into A2/JSRS1.5! Wont leave this project behind broken!

LJ

Sad to hear LJ. I wish you the best of lucks.

You have apparently exceeded your stored private messages quota so I can't reply to you at the moment. Am I correct if you mean to say that I cannot send him the files privately, and it's better for everyone to wait for your fixed release?

Ok, here we go:

I've updated the script of JSRS1.5 so that we can get rid of the endless RPT spammings:

http://dl.jsrs-studios.com/1.%20JSRS-Studios%20Downloads/JSRS/JSRS%201.5%20Downloads/Final/JSRS15MOD-HOTFIX-LATESTVERSION.rar

Hope the key is working, its been a while using all the old A2 stuff...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

LJ

Thanks for the fix LJ! Glad to see you are still concerend with the Arma 2 version of JSRS.

In the same note - any chance for fixing the no hiss sound for the smoke grenades, the no launch sounds for nearby AT fire and the bullet impact flesh sounds when first aiding?

LJ thank you very much for the fix. It's very much appreciated that you still release fixes for A2.

The link to JSRS15MOD-CWR² CONFIG TWEAKS appear to be broken (http://mirror.24th-platoon.de/JSRS/JSRS15MOD-CWR%C2%B2%20CONFIG%20TWEAKS.rar)

404 - Datei oder Verzeichnis wurde nicht gefunden

Anyone got an alternative and/or can someone fix this?

Actally I found this but I'm not sure that it is officia:

http://dl.jsrs-studios.com/1.%20JSRS-Studios%20Downloads/JSRS/JSRS%201.5%20Downloads/Miscellaneous/JSRS15MOD-CWR%C2%B2%20CONFIG%20TWEAKS.rar

Any news about update CWR2 classes :756::thanx:

Guys, the server key link for 1.5 is 404'ing, and I need it for my server :(

Sry,

after we moved to another website the links got kinda messed up. I fixed them all again :)

LJ

Hey there,

I'm getting an annoying error that doesn't effect gameplay at all, but forces me to close an error box whenever anything loads.

Here is the error code: "Cannot load mipmap jsrs_uisounds\jsrs.paa"

I have it installed the exact same way as my friends who do not have this error, and I am getting a white box that is a placeholder for where the icon should be. Absolutely nothing else is wrong with this mod.

I must say, excellent work! These are the sounds the vanilla game should have had.

Thanks,

Sketch

Sorry for not reading through all 688 pages, but is anyone else having this bug or behaviour sometimes when playing. When friendly human player fires weapon next to you the gunshot isn't audible. It's not happening everytime we play.

edit. samples are 128 and all the required files downloaded and installed...

Edited by Kuunmies

Sorry for not reading through all 688 pages, but is anyone else having this bug or behaviour sometimes when playing. When friendly human player fires weapon next to you the gunshot isn't audible. It's not happening everytime we play.

edit. samples are 128 and all the required files downloaded and installed...

All I can say is it has not been reported.