What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Jarhead was that a two man team, one recording and the other on click map spawning and firing? Or a Lucas blue screen moment to make that clip? :)

BTW spell check came up with "non stick" for "map click" .... :)

Anyway impressive as always, distant but no drop off of actual sound to nothing.

Lol yeah. Nah it was a basic and simple test just to see how its working, I'm not saying HOW though^^

Ok, here's the first WIP report. Would it be off-topic now posting WIP stuff of the same mod for a different game? :D

http://jsrs-studios.com/index.php/jsrs-soundmod/jsrs2/development-reports.html

LJ

woo! Nice to see you back man! Is that possible, to make differnt echoes/reverbs, when shooting in open field, in the woods or in a city? I remember hearing shooting in the woods once, really awesome experience, when the echo goes like 10 secs through entire forest.

Also love how loud the bullet cracks are. Feels really under pressure, confusing and distracting. How it should be in fact^^

Edited by NeuroFunker

woo! Nice to see you back man! Is that possible, to make differnt echoes/reverbs, when shooting in open field, in the woods or in a city? I remember hearing shooting in the woods once, really awesome experience, when the echo goes like 10 secs through entire forest.

Yeah, somehow. Still gotta work on the basic functionality to see how the engine handles.

LJ

Wow. If there's another WIP thread I haven't read yet, my apologies, but this sounds amazing. Question: Could you please ask BIS to release the game so you can finish your work?

Seriously though, thoughts on making an M4 sound? We already have Alwarren's great M4s and I'm sure more are to come, so it would probably be used a lot.

Lord Jarhead, are you still planning to fix the bugs that were reported for 1.5? Notably - no hiss sound for smoke shells, no sound for rocket launches performed nearby, bullet impact sounds while first aiding.

Thanks again for this experience changing pack.

Lol yeah. Nah it was a basic and simple test just to see how its working, I'm not saying HOW though^^

Ok, here's the first WIP report. Would it be off-topic now posting WIP stuff of the same mod for a different game? :D

http://jsrs-studios.com/index.php/jsrs-soundmod/jsrs2/development-reports.html

LJ

Oh man, that video. That's high quality sounds. I love authenticity, so just hearing how powerful those guns excites me. I quite liked the bit where you fired from within the building, I actually giggled at how intense it sounded.

Oh man, that video. That's high quality sounds. I love authenticity, so just hearing how powerful those guns excites me. I quite liked the bit where you fired from within the building, I actually giggled at how intense it sounded.

Thanks mate ;) There will be more stuff in future, showing more intense fights and maybe also the first vehicle sounds ;)

LJ

Its tooo Quite in here. I still get the effect of "Semi _ Auto " fire sounds not being played in MP( arma 2 v1.5 final).. I cannot pinpoint how or why it happens..

Any word on JSRS 2.0???

Hey guys. I'm loving this sound mod. I couldn't find a torrent and all the download sites were slow so it took forever to download it. I've made a torrent for it (JSJS15MOD-FINAL.rar so if you still have the full version RAR you can start the torrent download and move that into wherever you download your torrents to and it should automatically start seeding. If something doesn't work right with the torrent, I'll see if I can fix it, it is my first torrent, after all. Hopefully we can get a few people to seed and have another way to download JSRS. I'll have a friend or two seed the torrent once they get on later today or tomorrow (who may or may not use the mod, they're afraid I'll give them viruses even though they have no reason to believe that).

Again, LordJarhead, thanks for the awesome mod, I don't know how I played without it.

Magnet: magnet:?xt=urn:btih:01E21A61E17720CA5B90DFA9CCBDDD6489DB279F (Forum won't let me have a string that long, so remove the space between the D and 6.)

I would have posted on the JSRS forums but it looks like they're pretty much dead. I could also post there at Jarhead's request.

I just think a torrent would help out the people with unpredictable internet speeds like me. I can usually get around 1mb/s with most torrents, even the ones with maybe 10-20 seeds but a download with a browser might get me around 50kb/s if I'm lucky. I'd just like people to help seed and get the torrent up and running.

And remember, if you wanna help out but are afraid of viruses, you can start the torrent, immediately stop it, move your "JSRS15MOD-FINAL.rar" to your torrent download directory, then start the torrent. It should take around 5 seconds for the torrent program to realize the file is already there and verify the file then it should seed.

EDIT: Finally got it to seed properly, according to TPB.

Another edit, don't wanna spam this thread with posts: My upload is piss poor lately, so it would help if some of you with better uploads could download the .rar from the site (or if you have it already) and keep it in your torrent folder to help get the torrent up and running well, so you don't have to completely download it again from my slow upload. Sorry about this, not really sure there's anything I could do.

Edited by sgthoppy

Hi LJ, any chance you could fix the multiple "undefined variable" errors? I have to use the beta because ASR AI requires it (and CBA too anyway), and the beta add checks for that kind of errors... I can of course play without the -showScriptError option, but then I can't debug my own code.

Cheers.

PS: I'm aware I posted a very similar message in the ASR AI thread, but it is about the same issue, and English is not my first language, so please bear with me :).

Hi LJ, any chance you could fix the multiple "undefined variable" errors? I have to use the beta because ASR AI requires it (and CBA too anyway), and the beta add checks for that kind of errors... I can of course play without the -showScriptError option, but then I can't debug my own code.

Cheers.

PS: I'm aware I posted a very similar message in the ASR AI thread, but it is about the same issue, and English is not my first language, so please bear with me :).

I'm not quiet sure its a JSRS related error. Look: When you play ArmA2 CO with CBA and no other mod, thats what I support. I can't cover other mods and take them in account, the work would be too much for one alone. And btw I'm not that sure how to fix that problem anyways. I hope Robalo is coming up with something though.

I'm currently stuck in a modeling/soundmodding issue. Modeling is really fun lately and I going to show some pictures on my website soon. So I'm running out of time for JSRS2.0 lately and gotta work myself into it again. Probably starting next week (tomorrow) and see where I'm going with this.

Thanks guys,

LJ

I understand. Here are the errors anyway:

Error in expression <crap_array set [count jsrs_scrap_array, _source];    };};
};>
 Error position: <_source];    };};
};>
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _source
File JSRS_Distance\scripts\ammo\ak47.sqf, line 19

};>
};>
File JSRS_Distance\scripts\long\svd.sqf, line 19

};>
};>
File JSRS_Distance\scripts\ammo\scar2.sqf, line 19

And so on and so forth for every other weapon class. Look, they are not errors that break anything, they're warnings because the code uses a variable that's not defined before. It was introduced by a beta and it's not going back, it's a new check that wasn't there before, and it affects almost every script.

The errors are VERY easy to solve if you know the script. I'll see if I can do it myself and if I do I'll PM you with the solution.

Thanks for everything else anyway.

I just got round to downloading this mod, and BUUUGGEEEERR MEEEE! Its awesome. I got so immersed in the little mission I was making, I didn't see the rpg flying right for me until the last second. it was eye on my 32inLCD tv and I actually ducked! Paused the game, burst out laffing and then said FUCK ME this is COOOL!. Every mission made should have this mod, then you can all experience the power of the immersion it gives you.

Jarhead! Three years work Justified completely, you made me crap my pants! lol!

I just got round to downloading this mod, and BUUUGGEEEERR MEEEE! Its awesome. I got so immersed in the little mission I was making, I didn't see the rpg flying right for me until the last second. it was eye on my 32inLCD tv and I actually ducked! Paused the game, burst out laffing and then said FUCK ME this is COOOL!. Every mission made should have this mod, then you can all experience the power of the immersion it gives you.

Jarhead! Three years work Justified completely, you made me crap my pants! lol!

Thanks a bunch mate :) You're welcome.

LJ

I just got around to using this in multiplayer. More specifically wasteland, and not sure if it's the server or what, but my friend and I can't hear each others' shots when we're standing right next to each other. Testing on several servers now.

Tested on the "-=USGUNS=- NO LAG...." server so far.

Edited by sgthoppy

Hi Jarhead,

I may have missed something, so excuse me ... but does this mod foot/walking surfaces cover snow? I just noticed the latest Germany map and havent tested it yet (no time) but I wondered if it covered a detection for snow surfaces/audio to fit? Im guessing that would need a switch mod I suppose.

I just got around to using this in multiplayer. More specifically wasteland, and not sure if it's the server or what, but my friend and I can't hear each others' shots when we're standing right next to each other. Testing on several servers now.

Tested on the "-=USGUNS=- NO LAG...." server so far.

Heard about some problem with wasteland. I think it might be a problem with the two scripts wasteland and JSRS are using. So together they cause trouble. Can't really help here I guess.

Hi Jarhead,

I may have missed something, so excuse me ... but does this mod foot/walking surfaces cover snow? I just noticed the latest Germany map and havent tested it yet (no time) but I wondered if it covered a detection for snow surfaces/audio to fit? Im guessing that would need a switch mod I suppose.

No, there is no covering for snow. Since there is no snow in ArmA2CO in general so there are no config entries for snow. So people with snow maps like Thirsk use their own entries and create snow values. But every map maker would probably use his own entry values so I cant cover this. I think it would also require people to actually have this map loaded. But as far as I know there are snow step sounds on those maps, so no big deal I guess...

LJ

Heard about some problem with wasteland. I think it might be a problem with the two scripts wasteland and JSRS are using. So together they cause trouble. Can't really help here I guess.

LJ

It worked fine on one that specifically said it was setup for JSRS, so it may just be that one server or any that aren't specifically configured for JSRS.

It worked fine on one that specifically said it was setup for JSRS, so it may just be that one server or any that aren't specifically configured for JSRS.

Yeah that would explain it :) Thanks for the info mate.

LJ

I`m done with the hotfix. The only problem is the size of 80mb for a hotfix that is just changing text values. I'll inform you later this day about the download. Thanks!

LJ

Hi, I am looking for help in an annoying issue.

I recently installed the JSRS mod for Arma 2 OA and the sounds are great and offer a lot more immersion than the stock sounds, however I have a problem. When there is a lot of gunfire around me (or sometimes just a bit), my weapon and any weapons being fired near me do not make a sound when they are shot, simply a faint clicking noise. This issue is also seen in air vehicles and land vehicles, where when there is gunfire near to me, the sound of the vehicle engine and weapons cannot be heard. I have no idea if this is some sort of glitch or perhaps even simply because it cant deal with a lot of entities using the gun sounds. Maybe it is just a feature of the suppression? I haven't found anyone else with this problem and I would really love some help in how to fix it, if it is some form of bug.