What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

LRH: watch out your link is preceeded by a facebook URL.

You might want to remove it so that everyone can access your site

hi LordJarhead

great website.

One Question, could you make dates when the "latest news" were written.

Sure, it would be helpful to see if the news are actual. :)

Gruß chrys

hi LordJarhead

great website.

One Question, could you make dates when the "latest news" were written.

Sure, it would be helpful to see if the news are actual. :)

Gruß chrys

Hey mate,

Yes normally they'll be dated and also the lastest is always on top. As you may know its still pretty empty and will be filled as soon as can find the time.

LJ

Hello, how can I turn JSRS on properly? I play with ACE mod which includes ACEXSM by default and I hear only additional new sounds from JSRS. How can I resolve it?

Hello, how can I turn JSRS on properly? I play with ACE mod which includes ACEXSM by default and I hear only additional new sounds from JSRS. How can I resolve it?

Dont run ACEXSM. Two soundmods the same time does not work...

LJ

@LordJarhead great looking website, very professional looking :)

Edited by R0adki11

@LordJarhead great looking website, very professional looking :)

Hey thanks mate ;) Still working on it though.

LJ

We provide a decent FTP system for you and your content, what ever kind of work you want to public, we are here to help you out! We provide the web space you need!

- Enough space for any kind of work

- No more cutting packages into smaller pieces, upload the files as big as you like

- FTP access with tools like FileZilla

- Fast download and upload speeds

http://forum.jsrs-studios.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18

LJ

Can this work with just regular ArmA 2 or will I need to get OA as well?

@up

Did you check readme file? ;)

You need Arma 2 CO (A2+OA)

Can this work with just regular ArmA 2 or will I need to get OA as well?

You need both (CO = Combined Operations) but its really cheap to get OA now if you already have arma2 ... missing quite a bit if you haven't.

You need both (CO = Combined Operations) but its really cheap to get OA now if you already have arma2 ... missing quite a bit if you haven't.

hmm ok. from steam you mean? because I have the retail version of ArmA 2.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

also kind of an unrelated question but will the ArmA 2 community drop significantly once ArmA 3 is released in full?

hmm ok. from steam you mean? because I have the retail version of ArmA 2.

---------- Post added at 17:14 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

also kind of an unrelated question but will the ArmA 2 community drop significantly once ArmA 3 is released in full?

You should also get the retail version too then. Easier to install everything (mods related).

I don't know what you mean with the second wuestion though...

LJ

You should also get the retail version too then. Easier to install everything (mods related).

I don't know what you mean with the second wuestion though...

LJ

Seems kind of hard to find here in Aus, I looked on a bunch of websites and it's all out of stock. ebay is like double the price of steam. If it's not too hard I'll just get steam.

I mean will ArmA 2 be less popular from people switching to ArmA3?

I mean will ArmA 2 be less popular from people switching to ArmA3?

Think more about what you can do now for the cost (not much) and all these mods that can be used right through into and along side 3's release. Just think about what you want from yourself more than anything. OA and arma are still being patched and beta's are out even up to now so support is always ongoing even after 3.

BTW I would never know you were in Australia or had retail unless you posted before my post :)

All steam issues and combining are in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?101214-ARMA-2-CO-%28how-to-combine-ARMA-2-into-ARMA-2-OA-and-use-together%29

Edited by mrcash2009

I don't mean it like that, I prefer ArmA 2 stays popular. I think it will be quite a while before I move to ArmA 3 :)

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Would probably need to upgrade my PC for ArmA 3 anyway. Still running 2.66ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram, XP 32Bit and 512mb 3850.... lol Still get pretty decent results for 2 anyway, though I'm only running 1440x900

I don't mean it like that, I prefer ArmA 2 stays popular. I think it will be quite a while before I move to ArmA 3 :)

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:26 ----------

Would probably need to upgrade my PC for ArmA 3 anyway. Still running 2.66ghz Core 2 Duo, 2GB ram, XP 32Bit and 512mb 3850.... lol Still get pretty decent results for 2 anyway, though I'm only running 1440x900

Nah, running A2 with mods is actually eating more performance than playing A3 I believe. The engine got some improvements with the latest patch and the content that needs to be loaded and kept in the flow is not that big right now.

But still, before buying A3 I would at least wait for the beta. This early access stuff wont help you when you dont like the game later with the content and improvements they are going to bring soon. So what kind of game you like today could be messed up by tomorrow :P

LJ

Nah, running A2 with mods is actually eating more performance than playing A3 I believe.

Its only Alpha! .... :) Will have to see on the large island and full release for this.

Anyway as its a bit off topic the thread about Arma2 and switching to arma3 discussion has a thread here if you want to post in it or check others thoughts on that question, interesting thread/ views about it all:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?151097-Will-Arma-3-replace-Arma-2&

I'll end it here by saying I'm content with ArmA 2 for the moment and will only (possibly) move to 3 after the full release. No rush for beta or anything.

I'll end it here by saying I'm content with ArmA 2 for the moment and will only (possibly) move to 3 after the full release. No rush for beta or anything.

Best of choice!

LJ

Was working on the script sounds lately:

http://jsrs-studios.com/team/downloads/P07%20Distance%20Tests.mp3

Those are shots from the P07 Pistol that are fired on different distances, we go from first person further away to like 1200 meter.

Those are still WIP and I just want to show that it is working just fine so far.

Now I just need to create all the other weapons and tweak them until they fit...

Visit us: http://jsrs-studios.com/ for more informations in future ;)

LJ

Was working on the script sounds lately:

http://jsrs-studios.com/team/downloads/P07%20Distance%20Tests.mp3

Those are shots from the P07 Pistol that are fired on different distances, we go from first person further away to like 1200 meter.

Those are still WIP and I just want to show that it is working just fine so far.

Now I just need to create all the other weapons and tweak them until they fit...

Visit us: http://jsrs-studios.com/ for more informations in future ;)

LJ

I like how you can still hear it at such a distance

note this post

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?152866-Development-branch-discussion&p=2405447&viewfull=1#post2405447

Jarhead was that a two man team, one recording and the other on click map spawning and firing? Or a Lucas blue screen moment to make that clip? :)

BTW spell check came up with "non stick" for "map click" .... :)

Anyway impressive as always, distant but no drop off of actual sound to nothing.