What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Try to remove spaces from addon folder names -> @jsrs_1.5

@LordJarhead

jsrs_t72acr_c.pbo.JSRS15_V2.bisign is missing in the latest @JSRS_ACR

Thanks for the note, The jsrs-t72acr_c was a early test pbo and should not be included in the .rar. You can delete it completely, it has no effect since the jsrs_t72M_c does the same thing ;) Sry for that.

ACR DLC Pack has been updated, well I just deleted this small file. :)

LJ

Thanks for the note, The jsrs-t72acr_c was a early test pbo and should not be included in the .rar. You can delete it completely, it has no effect since the jsrs_t72M_c does the same thing ;) Sry for that.

ACR DLC Pack has been updated, well I just deleted this small file. :)

LJ

Littel OT: That´s a nice new Signature and Avatar you have there. Are you planing to do something for Metro?

Littel OT: That´s a nice new Signature and Avatar you have there. Are you planing to do something for Metro?

Hehe, nah, its a bit because of the ... "new thing" I'm working right now. Ah, well... I'll PM you :P

LJ

Hehe, nah, its a bit because of the ... "new thing" I'm working right now. Ah, well... I'll PM you :P

LJ

I look forward to it^^

So Lord, simply thank you.

You are one the best.

So Lord, simply thank you.

You are one the best.

Hey thanks a lot mate, much appreciated ;)

LJ

Gah, this mod is so good! Are we going to get it for Arma 3?!!?!?

Gah, this mod is so good! Are we going to get it for Arma 3?!!?!?

Probably not the same mod. Until there's no "CAA2" that ports all the ArmA2 content I don't think there would be any use for AK and M4 sounds in A3 ;) ArmA3 will get its own sounds though, so in that case, yeah, there "might" be an JSRS or similar soundmod for A3 ;)

LJ

Well, there are some mod efforts to bring more modern equipment back into ArmA3, and I'm sure they would love to implement your sounds.

Holy cow the sounds are great.

However, I am running into a major problem. First, let me just say that I've followed the instructions and have the Steam version.

I get error messages that constantly pop up, for instance right when launching the game, it's either:

Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_communityConfigurationProject_E'

or

Addon 'JSRS_ACE_Explosions' requires addon 'ace_c_weapon'

Then when I get to the main menu an error pops up:

Script ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madetankgunneruseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

And THEN, when loading a mission I get error message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base_withTurret/HitPoints/HitGlass1.name' .

But it doesn't stop there. I found that I can start a campaign it will play ok, but if I ever try to load a previous save I get this error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_sys_explosives, acex_main, acex_m_veh_5ton, acex_t_veh_5ton, acex_wep_rifle, acex_wep_hk, acex_wep_launcher, acex_wep_rh_ak, acex_ru_main, ace_c_weapon, acex_wep_shotgun, acex_wep_sniper, acex_wep_smg_us, acex_ru_veh_bmd1, acex_ru_veh_bmd2, ace_main, ace_sys_interaction, acex_wep_pistol, ace_c_vehicle

I assume this may be the reason why I can't find the ACE menu as well. I do hope someone has a solution.

A friend of mine has combined ops but arma 2 and OA are installed in separate directories (he is a steam user). How would he go about installing JSRS? I'm asking this because he tried installing isla duala before and it wouldn't work (kept getting error along the lines of "file Utes/sounds is missing"), and I suspect it has something to do with the fact that he has separate installation directories. So before downloading JSRS (1 gig is a big deal for his internet) he wants to know if it's possible to run JSRS while having separate installation directories; he'd rather not reinstall arma.

For the Steam version, the @JSRS folder must be in ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead's directory.

....Until there's no "CAA2" that ports all the ArmA2 content I don't think there would be any use for AK and M4 sounds in A3 ;)...

LJ

Sorry if this annoys you, but take a look at this :) http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20106

Dont get me wrong, im not asking for anything :)

Thanks for your work LJ

LJ: any chance that you could have a look at some of the CWR sounds? e.g. the sound for Viktor's motorcycle is SO bad I thought that it'd make my ears bleed...

Holy cow the sounds are great.

However, I am running into a major problem. First, let me just say that I've followed the instructions and have the Steam version.

I get error messages that constantly pop up, for instance right when launching the game, it's either:

Addon 'cba_xeh_oa' requires addon 'CA_communityConfigurationProject_E'

or

Addon 'JSRS_ACE_Explosions' requires addon 'ace_c_weapon'

Then when I get to the main menu an error pops up:

Script ca\communityconfigurationproject_e\ai_madetankgunneruseatandheammo\muzzle\init.sqf not found

And THEN, when loading a mission I get error message:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Ural_Base_withTurret/HitPoints/HitGlass1.name' .

But it doesn't stop there. I found that I can start a campaign it will play ok, but if I ever try to load a previous save I get this error:

You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.ace_sys_explosives, acex_main, acex_m_veh_5ton, acex_t_veh_5ton, acex_wep_rifle, acex_wep_hk, acex_wep_launcher, acex_wep_rh_ak, acex_ru_main, ace_c_weapon, acex_wep_shotgun, acex_wep_sniper, acex_wep_smg_us, acex_ru_veh_bmd1, acex_ru_veh_bmd2, ace_main, ace_sys_interaction, acex_wep_pistol, ace_c_vehicle

I assume this may be the reason why I can't find the ACE menu as well. I do hope someone has a solution.

I got it figured out. First I downloaded the PlayWithSix version of JSRS and JSRS ACE, I then moved the @ folders to the root of arma 2 OA (Was giving me the same problem)..then I had to disable JSRS ACE from the "Expansions" menu.. The new version of CBA was important, I stopped getting any error messages by adding " -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" to the launch options in STEAM...All is well now, and I'm finally enjoying Arma 2...So much that I stopped playing Arma 3 until this mod gets updated for A3!

and I'm finally enjoying Arma 2...So much that I stopped playing Arma 3 until this mod gets updated for A3!

Hehe, me too. I really gotta work myself into A3 soon. I got most weapons covered but with just basic sounds. But the gameplay and content is not that good right now (in my opinion) so A2 keeps me kinda away from A3 right now.

Also some problems concerning my way of binding in the sounds into A3 does not work that well and we'll gotta work something out soon.

For the big surprise we are working on a Studio Website concerning JSRS. Plus I'm willing to help you guys out with your projects. If you need sounds, like g00d69 needed some for his M107 Barret Projects for A3, I'm willing to help you out right now. The basic weapons or A3 are kinda boring for me right now and I would like to get into different kinds of weapons, vehicles or what ever.

So you can PM me when ever you need a sound ;)

LJ

For the big surprise we are working on a Studio Website concerning JSRS. Plus I'm willing to help you guys out with your projects. If you need sounds, like g00d69 needed some for his M107 Barret Projects for A3, I'm willing to help you out right now. The basic weapons or A3 are kinda boring for me right now and I would like to get into different kinds of weapons, vehicles or what ever.

So you can PM me when ever you need a sound ;)

This is good news. Please write this in bigger letters ;)

Hey LJ I was tweaking my personal weapon addon for use in JSRS and I noticed there was a distant config + sounds(only distant/in room etc) for an MG3 and I was wondering if you have some MG3 sounds kicking around as the non-jsrs ones are kinda lackluster.

Hey LJ I was tweaking my personal weapon addon for use in JSRS and I noticed there was a distant config + sounds(only distant/in room etc) for an MG3 and I was wondering if you have some MG3 sounds kicking around as the non-jsrs ones are kinda lackluster.

The MG3 sounds are for Astfor mod, an awesome mod which is not released yet and which will be released for Arma3 when done. I supported the mod (alpha WIP) and so I put the sounds in. Those are not to share actually since I promised John to not give them away. If you need MG3 sounds I could make you new ones though? Just gotta tell me if for Arma2 or 3?

LJ

The MG3 sounds are for Astfor mod, an awesome mod which is not released yet and which will be released for Arma3 when done. I supported the mod (alpha WIP) and so I put the sounds in. Those are not to share actually since I promised John to not give them away. If you need MG3 sounds I could make you new ones though? Just gotta tell me if for Arma2 or 3?

LJ

It's for Arma 2, but this is a mod i'm not intending to release or anything so it might be a bit much to ask you to make a sound just for a private mod.

It's for Arma 2, but this is a mod i'm not intending to release or anything so it might be a bit much to ask you to make a sound just for a private mod.

Let me worry about whats too much and what is not ;) I'll PM you...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Let me worry about wahts too much and what not ;) I'll PM you...

LJ

LOL :D

Now if only we could have that sound for the BW Mod MG3 and MG4 :rolleyes:

The MG3 sounds are for Astfor mod....

LJ

mib.jpg

No, it's not....