What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Hey,

there has been started a ArmA 3 Alpha Lite gift-away over at the JSRS Fanpage on Facebook. Check it out now!

Hey JSRS Community!

We give away 4 ArmA 3 Alpha Lite gifts for you guys! If you want the Alpha Lite to test it out before deciding to actually buy ArmA 3 or not, you have to tell me why you like J.S.R.S. 1.5 for ArmA2CO so much! The 4 best comments will get the gifts.*

Thanks for your participation! Deadline will be around Sunday afternoon, UTC+1. The gifts will be transfered through LordJarhead's Steam account!

And if you know someone of your friends who would like to get the Alpha lite, tell them about the JSRS Fanpage here on Facebook to raise this page up a notch!

I wish you all a good weekend and good luck!

LJ

*You will need an active Steam Account

Thanks guys!

LJ

Hi guys! I'd need a little help with using JSRS mod. I think everything is installed as it should but I only keep getting error message: Addon 'Ca_CommunityConfigurationProject_E' requires addon 'Arma2_Ka52' . I have Combined Operations, updated to latest version+ latest beta patch. Shortcut target field looks like this "E:\Pelit\Bohemia Interactive\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash -mod=@CBA_CO;@JSRS 1.5;@WarFX_Particles_Beta_1.41 I also have those other mods installed. When I start the game it gives me the forementioned error and lets me press ok. Game starts and I get just blank with some squares.

edit. Ok, I got the mods working. Biggest flaw was to follow Armaholic mod install guide. I just placed @folders to arma2 root folder and started the game with latest beta shortcut. In the main menu just click expansions and tick whatever mods you want and restart game. Everythings working 100%.

Edited by Kuunmies

Ok, I got the mods working. Biggest flaw was to follow Armaholic mod install guide. I just placed @folders to arma2 root folder and started the game with latest beta shortcut. In the main menu just click expansions and tick whatever mods you want and restart game. Everythings working 100%.

Thats good to hear.

Btw: There are still some Arma3 Alpha Lite gifts on our facebook page to give away ;)

LJ

The best sound mod there is for Arma II is JSRS. You definitly hit the nail on the head. Anyone that has spent some time on a battlefield knows this mod is the closest to realistic combat sounds as it gets. The BEST feature of this mod are the distant fire scripts ( LOVE THEM reminds me of Afghanistan and the only sound mod that has achieved this!), the sonic sounds and cracks, and the metallic noises when firing a weapon. Very well done, lordjarhead! Looking forward to ARMA III and more of your work elsewhere!

The best sound mod there is for Arma II is JSRS. You definitly hit the nail on the head. Anyone that has spent some time on a battlefield knows this mod is the closest to realistic combat sounds as it gets. The BEST feature of this mod are the distant fire scripts ( LOVE THEM reminds me of Afghanistan and the only sound mod that has achieved this!), the sonic sounds and cracks, and the metallic noises when firing a weapon. Very well done, lordjarhead! Looking forward to ARMA III and more of your work elsewhere!

Thank you very much mate. Nice to hear you like it!

LJ

Hey i cant get this soundmod to work, i want to play wasteland with this soundmod and the latest beta.

i tried arma2launcher and sixlauncher. no way..

whats the correct shortcut?

i own: arma 2, arma 2 OA, BAF and PMC. All are installed with DESURA in this Folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common

I tried this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS

Then this error comes up and game crashes:

errorthm12o9win.jpg

Then i tried this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\ARMA 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" "-mod= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\Operation Arrowhead;Expansion;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS" -nosplash

and this error comes up:

tmhqjfc367b.png

and the game started like this with Version 1.60 and old Version. I can play Dayz, ACE and wasteland fine and i use the latest beta 1.62 xxx .

http://www.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/arma2oa201303pb6qolsgfn.jpg

CBA is Version Build 190 CBA_A2 is Version Build 8 CBA OA is Version Build 6

Then i tried this directly from the manuel of this soundmod:

"Drive:\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;"-skipintro -nosplash“

in my case:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;"-skipintro -nosplash“

But there is no Expansion Folder in the Arma 2 Directory, only in the Arma2 Operation Arrowhead Directory so it give me an error when i create this shortcut..

Here is a screenshot of my arma Folders:

http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/vvn6x24wi37t.jpg

Anyone? i really need help on this...

Edited by tarabas

Just:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Desura\Common\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" -skipintro -nosplash

Then place the @folders of CBA_CO and JSRS in your ArmA root, launcher ArmA 2 CO on latest verion (not really beta but if you like) and go in the menu on expansions and select CBA and JSRS manually. Restart the game.

LJ

*nevermind*

Edited by Yokhanan
, I derped. Woke up and saw something too late to address. Don't look at me! I'm hideous...and just woken up w/o coffee!

OK thanks, i finally made it with Tushino arma launcher, the first after 3 launchers that simply start the checked mods and let me play online..

OK thanks, i finally made it with Tushino arma launcher, the first after 3 launchers that simply start the checked mods and let me play online..

Well, thats nice to hear! Hope you enjoy your stay.

LJ

Hi, I'm new to the Arma series, I have Arma 2 Free and now I bought the Alpha of Arma 3. I have seen some footage of your sound mod to arma 2 (unfortunately I can't try because mine is the free version) and I found it awesome. I don't know if somebody else has asked this before (there are 674 pages of posts!!!!) but are you porting your mod to Arma 3 as well?

Sorry if it's repetitive...

And congratulations on the job, you should be working with BIS (and making big money there)...

UPDATE: I just saw your post about the final version of JSRS for Arma 2 and about Arma 3, so I should just THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I will finally be able to enjoy your mod!!!

Rick

Edited by Rickschaves

Hi, I'm new to the Arma series, I have Arma 2 Free and now I bought the Alpha of Arma 3. I have seen some footage of your sound mod to arma 2 (unfortunately I can't try because mine is the free version) and I found it awesome. I don't know if somebody else has asked this before (there are 674 pages of posts!!!!) but are you porting your mod to Arma 3 as well?

And congratulations on the job, you should be working with BIS (and making big money there)...

UPDATE: I just saw your post about the final version of JSRS for Arma 2 and about Arma 3, so I should just THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!! I will finally be able to enjoy your mod!!!

Rick

I second this, lordjarhead definitly need to work for BIS. I'm sick and tired of BIS talking big smack about realism this and realism that. Then ,when you play the game, you get garbage sound effects that make ARMA sound like Counter Strike. Sound effects are a factor on the battlefield as well and should be simulated just as much as bullet projectile and combat tactics. JSRS definitly accomplishes the sound portion! We definitly look forward to ARMA 3 JSRS mod because I just heard the default for ARMA 3 sound effects and once again, they sound like garbage (I'm not surprised). No distant fire scripts even at all! The majority of the fights are from distances damn it! Corny sonic sounds, cracks and snaps.

Will donate to lordjarhead's cause when I can! Cheers to ARMA 3 JSRS! Let us know if you need testing or help!

Rick

I second this, lordjarhead definitly need to work for BIS. I'm sick and tired of BIS talking big smack about realism this and realism that. Then ,when you play the game, you get garbage sound effects that make ARMA sound like Counter Strike. Sound effects are a factor on the battlefield as well and should be simulated just as much as bullet projectile and combat tactics. JSRS definitly accomplishes the sound portion! We definitly look forward to ARMA 3 JSRS mod because I just heard the default for ARMA 3 sound effects and once again, they sound like garbage (I'm not surprised). No distant fire scripts even at all! The majority of the fights are from distances damn it! Corny sonic sounds, cracks and snaps.

Will donate to lordjarhead's cause when I can! Cheers to ARMA 3 JSRS! Let us know if you need testing or help!

Hey thank you very much guys :)

We actually work on something special that we will public in a few weeks. Its not a soundmod though but its something to support my work and help me to realize a few things. It will be awesome as soon as we are ready. The good point of all this is that I would be able to release things way faster, that you have everything you want and I can provide everything you need ;)

So stay tuned over the next few weeks :)

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Yep Jarhead, I agree with these others. I can also name off quite a few modders who should be paid for the work they do. Arma 3 thus far.... As for game play and sound is much much better than all 3 combined. AI is much smarter, but if they could get a hold of you and a few other guys. The dog gone thing will be so real my government will want to ban it too. lol Thanks for all the hard work!! Wish I was bis you'd deffo be hired! ;)

Hi LJ, seems six updater won't update the JSRS to the final version(http://play.withsix.com/mods/164-jsrs), could you work around it?

BTW, you've made a really awesome work~

If SixUpdater patched the JSRS15MOD-FULL with UPDATE4, then is all fine. If not, just take the UPDATE4 from here and there you go mate ;)

LJ

This afternoon, my updater said there was a new update for JSRS_ACR, so I updated and installed the new version.

Now I get this...

The following signatures seem not to be accepted on the selected server (But the signature list is incomplete): JSRS_ACR/jsrs_acr/addons/jsrs_t72acr_c.pbo_bisign_missing

I can not seem to fix this issue by any method, I have deleted the file, I have deleted JSRS and reinstalled, nothing seems to fix the issue. I cant launch the game at all with JSRS mod.

Any ideas?

Hello, I've been watching some videos of JSRS mod in action and I have to say, IT SOUNDS AMAZING. So I've been meaning to install JSRS 1.5 for a while now but the installation won't work :/

I think I've done everything that the installation instructions say: game - CO, version - 1.62.95248, CBA version - 1.0.0.188/1.0.0.8/1.0.0.6 (since I don't run the latest beta patch), Audio set to 128 sample.

I have also placed the @JSRS 1.5 folder in my Arma 2 main directory and have also copy and pasted the jsrs_v2.bikey into the "keys" folder in my main directory. My shortcut parameters are:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@JSRS

But it won't work. I don't hear any JSRS sounds in game at all. Could someone please help me and tell me what I'm doing wrong?

p.s. I have done some searching and couldn't find anything, so if people have answered this question over and over in this thread please forgive me for my very poor research skills.

In your shortcut you have @jsrs but check folder name in arma 2 main folder.

Prabobly @jsrs 1.5 or @jsrs1.5 ;)

In your shortcut you have @jsrs but check folder name in arma 2 main folder.

Prabobly @jsrs 1.5 or @jsrs1.5 ;)

Thank you for the response. The name of the mod folder is "@JSRS 1.5" so I tried the following:

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@JSRS 1.5

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@JSRS1.5

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@jsrs

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@jsrs1.5

"C:\Games\ArmA 2\Bohemia Interactive\arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -showScriptErrors -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@DAC;@duala;@panthera;@ASR_AI;@jsrs 1.5

But non of them work :( Not only do I not hear any JSRS sounds, but JSRS is not listed as an active mod in the top right hand corner of the main menu (where all of your active mods are listed).

There are two files in my JSRS folder: mod.cpp & mod.paa; maybe I'm supposed to do something with them?

Try to remove spaces from addon folder names -> @jsrs_1.5

@LordJarhead

jsrs_t72acr_c.pbo.JSRS15_V2.bisign is missing in the latest @JSRS_ACR

Edited by sik

Try 1 thing in shortcut line after -mod= write as 1st @jsrs 1.5 then the rest of mods and last in line 3@cba folders.

-mod=@jsrs 1.5;@mod1;@mod2;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa

Do you have in your @jsrs 1.5 folder, another folder with name addons with *.pbo and bisign files?

With .cpp and .paa you dont do nothing.

Also try to change name to @jsrs1.5 without spacebar (in shortcut and in folder name)

yessssss it worked :yay: Thank you very much to both sik and tom3kb. The problem was the mod-folder name. I changed it from "JSRS 1.5" to "JSRS_1.5" and put that in my shortcut parameters and it worked! Then I put on my astro a40 and lauched the game... I have to say, it's amazing how much of an effect a sound mod has on the game; the game feels so different it almost feels like I'm playing the game for the first time! I love it, especially the sounds of far away combat.

Thanks a lot