What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I don't have any JSRS dependencies in any of my .sqm's and I run JSRS no matter what..

Well that is quite the conundrum, is it not? One guy gets dependencies but another does not - the mystery thickens!

Great work @1.5!

But can you explain how to use the ACE_SM (or Hifi-Mod) 30mm Impact Sounds? :)

Great work @1.5!

But can you explain how to use the ACE_SM (or Hifi-Mod) 30mm Impact Sounds? :)

There is no way to do that.

Either JSRS or one of these sound mods, you cant mix.

LJ

Go into @JSRS 1.5\AddOns\ and delete JSRS_Radiochatter.pbo and JSRS_Radiochatter_c.pbo -> Problem solved.

I have no idea what you mean by that sonic crack clicks you are talking about. Might be something wrong with you audio system^^

LJ

Actually, it is me who have no idea what you mean by 'sonic crack clicks'. What I meant was that the sound played after the AI under your command acknowledges orders, sound pretty much the same as the sound made by bullets being shoot at you when breaking the sound barrier. And honestly, it is pretty obvious.

Thanks for the tip.

Actually, it is me who have no idea what you mean by 'sonic crack clicks'. What I meant was that the sound played after the AI under your command acknowledges orders, sound pretty much the same as the sound made by bullets being shoot at you when breaking the sound barrier. And honestly, it is pretty obvious.

Thanks for the tip.

The samples for those radio sounds where taking form real life communications of US military ;)

LJ

I'm assume you have the Army of the Czech Republic DLC by BIS istalled? Not the lite one.

LJ

Yes the BIS one, but anyway the problem is fixed. I was using the -mod= thing and that somehow made ACR deactivate, but now I am enabling the mods from inside the game and is working fine

The samples for those radio sounds where taking form real life communications of US military ;)

LJ

I noticed this a few mins after playing warfare last night. The little things make the difference LJ, thanks for the attention to detail. :)

I did a quick test with JSRS ACR and ACR LiTE, all looks ok :D I tested few weapons and some vehicles guns,MG-s sounds.

I did a quick test with JSRS ACR and ACR LiTE, all looks ok :D I tested few weapons and some vehicles guns,MG-s sounds.

It should work without any problems, yah. Thanks for confirmation. The Lite and Full version share the same class names and mostly same configs as well. But I just had the Full version here, never tried the lite one, so I was only supporting that.

Thanks for letting me know.

LJ

Hmm... did you change or lower the rain sound volume - can't hear it anymore :confused:

No I didnt, can hear it fine on my end.

LJ

Unwanted opinions time. :) I really like the new sounds for the Mk.16 and the M16/M4. They're a definite step up. But from my personal experience, it sounds like the Mk. 16 has all of the bassy boom and the M16 has all of the high end crack of the 5.56 round. I think if they were both mixed together, it'd be the closest I've heard a game come to the sound of the RL round.

Also, I really like the new vehicle sounds. All of them I've heard so far sound much more refined than 1.4

CWR2 - lots of AT and T-72 action. I have one question though - I expected to hear a 'wooosh' sound when the tank shells flew past our heads at ~1.52. The tank was above and behind us, firing at the enemy in front. Souldn't a woosh sound suppose to be heard?

Laser designating targets for a Reaper's Hellfires while under fire.

Side issue, in that video "roger we have a lock engaging target" and other voice acting clips, I may be late to the party but where is that from, a mod of somekind?

Side issue, in that video "roger we have a lock engaging target" and other voice acting clips, I may be late to the party but where is that from, a mod of somekind?

You gonna have to ask AnimalMother, the creator of the mission. I'm pretty sure these are voice recordings from other sources he used for that mission as a script, nothing more than that.

It's from Call of Duty.

Hi LJ! I know you are busy as a bee but I would just like to report another missing sound I guess. I tried using ACE wounds and after awhile a "sound not found" pops up. I don't know what sound is missing though but yeah it only occurs when using the ace wound modules. Well, just reporting it to you and hope you could do an update for J.S.R.S. ACE in the future, that is if you decide to do so of course. If not, it's still cool! :D

So yeah, no need to rush coz' I know how stressful it can be in working on such a beautiful sound mod. It takes time and a lot of patience indeed.

Cheers to you bud and God speed! :angel:

My lord, here are the issues I came across. I hope it can help!

1. When being first-aided (BIS first aid module), just before the end of the process, there are two "bullet hit body" sounds.

2. Confirmed no "pop" and no "hisss" sounds for all the smoke shells (reported before just for red smoke shell).

3. Possible no tank shell "wooosh" sound (see this post).

Hi LJ! I know you are busy as a bee but I would just like to report another missing sound I guess. I tried using ACE wounds and after awhile a "sound not found" pops up. I don't know what sound is missing though but yeah it only occurs when using the ace wound modules. Well, just reporting it to you and hope you could do an update for J.S.R.S. ACE in the future, that is if you decide to do so of course. If not, it's still cool! :D

So yeah, no need to rush coz' I know how stressful it can be in working on such a beautiful sound mod. It takes time and a lot of patience indeed.

Cheers to you bud and God speed! :angel:

This seems to be a problem with ace. they fixed it. Well, thats at least what the bug ticket says.

My lord, here are the issues I came across. I hope it can help!

1. When being first-aided (BIS first aid module), just before the end of the process, there are two "bullet hit body" sounds.

2. Confirmed no "pop" and no "hisss" sounds for all the smoke shells (reported before just for red smoke shell).

3. Possible no tank shell "wooosh" sound (see this post).

Take a look into the smoke shells. The hitsounds should only be played when a bullet hits a body. BIS uses the hit entries also for this aiding animation though. Can fix that.

And the woosh sounds are there. But they will be pitched up in frequency for the doppler effect. Engine limitation, no fix.

LJ

Is the modline order critical, because you give "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;" but using ArmA II Launcher it puts the community mods at the end, so I get "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2;@jsrs"?

Also, I use a lot more community mods but edited it for clarity, so does it matter where in the order of community mods I put JSRS (assuming I'm not using any other sound mods which would overwrite it of course, which I'm not)?

This seems to be a problem with ace. they fixed it. Well, thats at least what the bug ticket says.

Take a look into the smoke shells. The hitsounds should only be played when a bullet hits a body. BIS uses the hit entries also for this aiding animation though. Can fix that.

And the woosh sounds are there. But they will be pitched up in frequency for the doppler effect. Engine limitation, no fix.

LJ

Yeah they fixed it but they still didn´t release the fix.

Confirming the hit sound when healing someone with BIS First Aid

Possible Problems with Gau-8 in combination with ACE:

The AI doesn´t use short bursts, they fire long bursts, still you can only hear short bursts.

Gau-8 is really silent if the plane is directly above you (50-100m).

Oh I see. Well, my apologies then. Anyways, thanks for the info LJ and Ton! :D

And oh, about the the smoke shell sound...Well, you can actually hear the "hiss" sound if you listen to it carefully. No popping sound though unless you mean the tank's smoke screen. You can actually hear a pop before the smoke shells are thrown around the area to mask the movement of the tank.

Is the modline order critical, because you give "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;" but using ArmA II Launcher it puts the community mods at the end, so I get "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;Expansion;ca;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion;@cba;@cba_oa;@cba_a2;@jsrs"?

Also, I use a lot more community mods but edited it for clarity, so does it matter where in the order of community mods I put JSRS (assuming I'm not using any other sound mods which would overwrite it of course, which I'm not)?

All BIS content first (expansions), then start with CBA and end with JSRS. Dont/NEVER use two soundmods the same time.

Yeah they fixed it but they still didn´t release the fix.

1. Confirming the hit sound when healing someone with BIS First Aid

2. Possible Problems with Gau-8 in combination with ACE:

3. The AI doesn´t use short bursts, they fire long bursts, still you can only hear short bursts.

4. Gau-8 is really silent if the plane is directly above you (50-100m).

1= Got it.

2=Its not a real problem...

3=...doesn't matter in my opinion, I cant change that anyways^^

4=I'm not that close to an A10 real often. Cant change it though.

Oh I see. Well, my apologies then. Anyways, thanks for the info LJ and Ton! :D

And oh, about the the smoke shell sound...Well, you can actually hear the "hiss" sound if you listen to it carefully. No popping sound though unless you mean the tank's smoke screen. You can actually hear a pop before the smoke shells are thrown around the area to mask the movement of the tank.

Yah maybe they should, but that would mean to create a long sound files instead of a small one since the sound is looping. So adding a "pop" noise at start would be looped as well after the certain time of file length. So I kept it that way, less trouble for me.

LJ