What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

BTW, have you ever worked out a process to monitor the usage of your mod? IE: server stat feedback and client use/download overall? Probably pointless but I just wondered how popular this has got so far. I think a status of "Dont launch without it" award should be handed over at some point.

Sort the forum by Views and Replies, you'll see an answer ;)

In the ACR update, the file jsrs_t72acr_c.pbo is not signed.

Thanks for the update anyways :)

Edit: from its timestamp and size, i suspect it being an older version of jsrs_t72m_c.pbo, though not sure :)

Oh, thanks for telling, there is always something getting through ;) Will fix asap.

EDIT: Updated the ACR download. The file T72ACR had to be deleted. You can either do that yourself or just re-download the pack to get really sure and safe :)

I kinda of have a problem with the soundmod for ACR, I'm getting "JSRS_CZ750 requires addon CA_ACR"

I'm assume you have the Army of the Czech Republic DLC by BIS istalled? Not the lite one.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

:butbut: OMG. Why dont you came up with this earlier! ^^

WOW, this is so surreal. My full respect for this camman, I would have shit my pants, or cried like a little baby while doing fetal position^^

LJ

I just found it last night, otherwise I would have.

Maybe stupid question but JSRS ACR will be working with ACR LITE without any problems?

Maybe stupid question but JSRS ACR will be working with ACR LITE without any problems?

We didn't tested it so far, but since the weapon classes are the same, it should. ;)

Updated frontpage. Released the CWR² tweaked configs for a cooperation with JSRS 1.5.

Enjoy guys,

LJ

LJ

I was just browsing through your first post and noticed that you thanked me in the credits. I'm humbled but i confess it is me who should be thanking you. You have selflessly created a true masterpiece, and it is you who has given his time and has probably sacrificed many things to appease your many fans while also under barrage from the odd selfish and ungrateful idiot. So my German friend i thank you whole heartedly for giving us this beautifully crafted sound mod, for free i may add. These typed words cannot express enough how grateful i am for your time and effort. Thanks LJ

:notworthy:

Hey LJ, is there any way to remove the first person "clicking" sounds? I find them rather distracting and unrealistic, but I can't bear to go back to ACE or any other sound mod, JSRS is just too good!

Hey LJ, is there any way to remove the first person "clicking" sounds? I find them rather distracting and unrealistic, but I can't bear to go back to ACE or any other sound mod, JSRS is just too good!

It is realistic :)

Its the bolt that hits back of the receiver, its metal so of course it will make noise :)

Metal + Metal = Sound

LJ

I was just browsing through your first post and noticed that you thanked me in the credits. I'm humbled but i confess it is me who should be thanking you. You have selflessly created a true masterpiece, and it is you who has given his time and has probably sacrificed many things to appease your many fans while also under barrage from the odd selfish and ungrateful idiot. So my German friend i thank you whole heartedly for giving us this beautifully crafted sound mod, for free i may add. These typed words cannot express enough how grateful i am for your time and effort. Thanks LJ

:notworthy:

You are very welcome! There's a reason to thank you my friend ;)

@SQB-SMA:

Hmm, you are not the first one who asked this and you wont the last most likely. The design of the whole script system is not made to be optional changeable as some may like to. Certain parts of the mod cant be disabled by just disabling another pbo like that, since the whole system interacts within one giant pbo file. The second, far smaller pbo, containing a config file, is just to allow easy updating the entire scripted sounds and adding new classes of weapons to make more mods workable with JSRS.

To archive what you asked, I would have to take a look into that config and change certain entries like the volume of those clicking noises. Maybe even using a "dead-tone" or some sort to disable them easily. So, yes... I'm able to do this. I will make an extra config so the FPS sounds can be deactivated. So as the inroom sounds or even both if people wish.

My wish-granter days seemed to be over I thought^^

LJ

Heya LJ, just a small feedback again. Not really much of a big deal but I just noticed that some of the ACR units (ACR DLC units) has the regular radio sounds instead of using the 1.5 ones. Was wondering if you did that on purpose or it should have the 1.5 radio sounds? :cool:

Found another one too. There's a pop up saying "sound unmount_barrel" not found whenever I swap the barrel on MGs. This is with ACE mod though.

Edited by RJN

Heya LJ, just a small feedback again. Not really much of a big deal but I just noticed that some of the ACR units (ACR DLC units) has the regular radio sounds instead of using the 1.5 ones. Was wondering if you did that on purpose or it should have the 1.5 radio sounds? :cool:

Found another one too. There's a pop up saying "sound unmount_barrel" not found whenever I swap the barrel on MGs. This is with ACE mod though.

LJ wanted to make a sound for changing the barrel, but somehow he didn´t finish it yet, together with the magazine check sound :rolleyes:

Oh and the sound if you turn in or out as a tank crew member :p

BTW does anybody have sound samples of a tank hatch beeing closed or opened?

LJ wanted to make a sound for changing the barrel, but somehow he didn´t finish it yet, together with the magazine check sound :rolleyes:

Oh and the sound if you turn in or out as a tank crew member :p

BTW does anybody have sound samples of a tank hatch beeing closed or opened?

Something like this?:

Did little search and found some cheap SFX's around 1 euro ;p

http://www.sfxsource.com/sound-effects/vehicle-sound-effects/tank-sound-effects.html

... you want me to spent money... so I can make sounds you want.... ?? Dudes, I think I did enough already. Take what you get and think about all this stuff you got already.... I'm tired of serving ;)

UPDATE 3 has been updated. Barrel sounds should work now.

Also I uploaded config tweaks, so you can choose between different sets of configs if you want to disable FPS sounds, or Inroom sounds or even both.

Updated frontpage.

LJ

... you want me to spent money... so I can make sounds you want.... ?? Dudes, I think I did enough already. Take what you get and think about all this stuff you got already.... I'm tired of serving ;)

UPDATE 3 has been updated. Barrel sounds should work now.

Also I uploaded config tweaks, so you can choose between different sets of configs if you want to disable FPS sounds, or Inroom sounds or even both.

Updated frontpage.

LJ

I'm aware that no one told you to actually spend money to make sounds "we" want :)

I only gave a suggestion as for question Tonci8 asked.

I'm aware that no one told you to actually spend money to make sounds "we" want :)

I only gave a suggestion as for question Tonci8 asked.

Yah, let him buy the stuff :P

Nah, we have sources for everything, sounds for those effects are no problem. Time is a problem.. making all sounds, creating a script or config, this will take a lot of time.

LJ

Thanks for all the hard work man, amazing sound mod. All ACR needs now is official patch.

Yah, let him buy the stuff :P

Nah, we have sources for everything, sounds for those effects are no problem. Time is a problem.. making all sounds, creating a script or config, this will take a lot of time.

LJ

No rush man, you have all the time in the world (well at least until Arma 3 gets released :p)

Is there a way to stop JSRS making addon dependencies in your mission.sqm? For example JSRS_MT5 just stopped our server loading a mission.

Loving the mod :)

Is there a way to stop JSRS making addon dependencies in your mission.sqm? For example JSRS_MT5 just stopped our server loading a mission.

Loving the mod :)

Just disable any mods you dont want to be required before we cant take a look into this. This MT5 is from the JSRS_ACE pack btw. We does not have this dependency in our mission sqm. Strange...

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

The shortcut I was using when making this mission:

-noSplash -showScriptErrors -noFilePatching"-name=Jinef" "-mod=D:\Games\ArmA 2;expansion;expansion\beta;expansion\beta\expansion;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ACEX_USNavy;@ACEX_SM;@MK;@zc;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACE"

The addon dependencies created after 1 load of mission in editor.

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters_e",

"cacharacters2",

"ace_sys_wounds",

"ca_modules_functions",

"ace_sys_easa",

"dac_source",

"ace_sys_tracking",

"ace_sys_nvg",

"ca_modules_silvie",

"CA_Modules_Alice",

"CAAir",

"CAWheeled2_TowingTractor",

"acex_c_weapon",

"camisc_e",

"cawater2_fregata",

"cawater2_destroyer",

"CAAir2_UH1Y",

"camisc3",

"ace_sys_fastroping",

"CAAir2_MV22",

"camp_armory_misc_laptop",

"camisc_e_wf",

"CAWater",

"ace_sys_ruck",

"JSRS_MT5", <<< :(

"chernarus"

};

The shortcut I was using when making this mission

I realize many mission makers will not like the obvious answer to this issue, but people should really stop loading JSRS while making a mission. It would avoid such issues. We've not had any issues with this, and when we make our own missions for testing and general gameplay we never load JSRS while editing. Makes no sense. Sure we preview throughout making and editing, but that's to test the actual important things and make sure things are correct. Once the mission is finalized and ready for actual playing, then it makes sense to launch with JSRS. Whenever I work on missions I make sure to only run what the actual mission will require and nothing else, otherwise I run into all sorts of similar issues as this with not just JSRS, but just about anything else I accidentally run (like parts from other islands that others don't run, so they get kicked when the mission is launched, for example lol).

In the meantime, you can always check your mission file and manually delete any JSRS entries in the addon list and save. Should sort it out. :)

I see what you're saying there Mr. Yokhanan, and I tend to agree. However, in the interest of perfection - and JSRS is by all means a labour of love and something akin to an object d'art within the small world that is sound modding, so perfection should be an entirely obtainable milestone - it would be desirable to have such issues ironed out (if at all possible), right?

I think that was what Mr. Jinef was getting at with his bug report.

I don't have any JSRS dependencies in any of my .sqm's and I run JSRS no matter what.. That is with 1.5 In 1.4.3, it was literally impossible to run JSRS without having a dependency create in the .sqm. Than you had to go in and delete it every time you were ready to publish.

Like Yokhanan said, never run any mods while mission making, unless you know they are 100% client side, and leave nothing in the .sqm. It's also best to never make missions with ACE on either, unless you plan to have ACE only version and not a Vanilla. Just some FYI for some people.

Just wondering, if no one else thinks the new radio clic sounds exactly like the previous supersonic cracks. I was on Cherna at nigh, order my guys (9) to board an extraction chopper, and I thought we were under fire while they were acknowleging the command. It scared the hell out of me :). I mean don't get me wrong, until that episode I was absolutely loving the new radio clics, but know I have a problem I guess.

Just wondering, if no one else thinks the new radio clic sounds exactly like the previous supersonic cracks. I was on Cherna at nigh, order my guys (9) to board an extraction chopper, and I thought we were under fire while they were acknowleging the command. It scared the hell out of me :). I mean don't get me wrong, until that episode I was absolutely loving the new radio clics, but know I have a problem I guess.

Go into @JSRS 1.5\AddOns\ and delete JSRS_Radiochatter.pbo and JSRS_Radiochatter_c.pbo -> Problem solved.

I have no idea what you mean by that sonic crack clicks you are talking about. Might be something wrong with you audio system^^

LJ