What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

thanks, I only have @cba_oa

You could have solved that on your own by reading the readme. Just saying :p

You could have solved that on your own by reading the readme. Just saying tongue.png

Nah... dont! Its ah... its ok! We got it.

you are very aggressive. Yes I have all that. Arma 1.62 and CBA. But what you mean with the three variants? I download the latest CBA

I'm aggressive? Hahaha, Maybe I'm just sick of explaining the same thing for the hundredth time again. Talking about problems that can be fixed when people would check the readme. This is not being aggressive, this is just being tired! Sry if you got it the other way. But understand how hard it can be to handle this thread when you have to fix and handle ALL errors and issues people have, its just more irritating having problems in between that could be fixed when people just read for a minute ;)

Also I updated the readme text color so you can read it better :icon_exclaim:

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Uh oh, is now a bad time for this :p I'm noticing a bug, and no it's not in the readme. When a unit is shot down and lying on the ground wounded, every now and then along with his "wounded noise" there is a very distinct bullet impact noise that comes with it. It can really take away from the game when your setting up a casualty collecting point away from the battle and it sounds like bullets are flying everywhere in it.

Anyone else notice this?

Any fix besides disabling the sounds altogether?

I run ACE and many other mods but this issue never happened in 1.4 with the same mod set up.

Edit: and BTW, LJ "aggressiveness" is quite effective, I made sure I read the readme and searched the thread before posting. As to avoid pissing him off obviously :)

Edited by mattyfo
afterthought

ACE added 'gurgling' sounds if that's what you're talking about

I made sure I read the readme and searched the thread before posting...

And you are welcome for doing that!

Yah this seems to be a messed up problem in the config, dont know why it should be triggered by woundeds, since those sounds are located in the "Hit" classes for people. I would have to take a look into this, actually you could tell me if you use the ACE Wounding system? And if its still there when not using it anymore? Or maybe even disable ACE completely. I'm not sure, will check it out.

Also I'm about to update JSRS again. It'll be a small update concerning updated Script configs for the use of JSRS along with CWR² and the ACR DLC by BIS. There will be also an CWR² Supporter Download, so you can use JSRS and CWR² together just fine without having heavy overlapping problems. Also I going to release the ACR sounds. I worked on the Vehicles and they sound ok so far, will do more work by tomorrow and see to it that this stuff hits the ground as soon as possible!

Thanks,

LJ

PS: Don't spread the rumor I'm aggressive... thinking of the work went into this project, I should be kinda allowed to have an outrage sometimes :P

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 AM ----------

ACE added 'gurgling' sounds if that's what you're talking about

Nope, thats not what he meant. Still those sounds are awkward^^ Thought they weren't by ACE or ACRE... hmmm.

TBH I may have only noticed them when using the the ACE wounding system. I'll check over the missions I made to make sure that module was in there and do some further tests. Unfortunately it's much to late right now so I'll do it tomorrow night.

UPDATE:

We just released UPDATE 3, which will update the Script config to support ACR, CWR², CWR² UK and CWR² NL plus a fix for the SMAW spotting rounds.

The JSRS 1.5 MOD FULL Version has been updated to latest version as well.

Also the ACR Weapon and Vehicle Sounds have been released. You will have to install update 3 to make them work probably.

Check the frontpage for all downloads!

LJ

UPDATE:

We just released UPDATE 3, which will update the Script config to support ACR, CWR², CWR² UK and CWR² NL plus a fix for the SMAW spotting rounds.

The JSRS 1.5 MOD FULL Version has been updated to latest version as well.

Also the ACR Weapon and Vehicle Sounds have been released. You will have to install update 3 to make them work probably.

Check the frontpage for all downloads!

LJ

Fantastic!! ACR sounds = me a happy camper today! Was waiting for this, now, time to release my ACR Mission pack tonight :)

Thank you LJ!

EDIT: Got a error upon start with new update & ACR sounds;

http://imgur.com/pA7HDiE

Edited by KilrBe3

Yeah, me too.

Oups... I check it out asap.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Redownload UPDATE 3 again. Should be fine now.

LJ

It seems it's working, no error on startup.

Works fine for me now too. Great work on the ACR sounds, my ears are very happy!

Thanks!

PS: It's two "Update 2" in first post.

Thanks for the hint. Its chaos when I try to upload several pages the same time^^

LJ

Jarhead, you should update the full version too.

Still having the posted error above when starting JSRS out of the "Full" Pack.

The point is you add the full pack, than add "ontop" the updates, updating the full pack would be 1 gig upload again just for small file changes we can add ourselves. Think of it as patches to the vanilla install :)

Oh yah, thanks. Will update it asap! Thanks mate!

The point is you add the full pack, than add "ontop" the updates, updating the full pack would be 1 gig upload again just for small file changes we can add ourselves. Think of it as patches to the vanilla install :)

No, since all files are on ftp server which can be reached over RemoteDesktop it's really easy to unpack the rar files, update them and pack them again, ready for release. ;)

And you just install those updates by taking the contained files and overwrite the existing ones inside the AddOns folder in @JSRS 1.5.

LJ

EDT: Updated the FULL download ;)

Edited by LordJarhead

Updated releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Hey, thank you very much Foxhound ;)

LJ

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:55 AM ----------

Holy fucking shit Jarhead, too bad you missed out on this! Skip to the 1:50 mark and you'll see what I mean..

:butbut: OMG. Why dont you came up with this earlier! ^^

WOW, this is so surreal. My full respect for this camman, I would have shit my pants, or cried like a little baby while doing fetal position^^

LJ

Oh yah, thanks. Will update it asap! Thanks mate!

No, since all files are on ftp server which can be reached over RemoteDesktop it's really easy to unpack the rar files, update them and pack them again, ready for release. ;)

And you just install those updates by taking the contained files and overwrite the existing ones inside the AddOns folder in @JSRS 1.5.

LJ

EDT: Updated the FULL download ;)

Ah ok then looks like a good system. I was mainly speaking for this thread though and the OFP links if it wasnt updated (core 1.5) not six updater and so on.

Either way, jolly good show old bean, the more compatible the more it spreads like an audible disease :butbut::cool:

BTW, have you ever worked out a process to monitor the usage of your mod? IE: server stat feedback and client use/download overall? Probably pointless but I just wondered how popular this has got so far. I think a status of "Dont launch without it" award should be handed over at some point.

Edited by mrcash2009

Holy fucking shit Jarhead, too bad you missed out on this! Skip to the 1:50 mark and you'll see what I mean..

That reminds of those target areas of artillery shooting ranges (german PZH2000)...pretty hard to get some sleep there.

In the ACR update, the file jsrs_t72acr_c.pbo is not signed.

Thanks for the update anyways :)

Edit: from its timestamp and size, i suspect it being an older version of jsrs_t72m_c.pbo, though not sure :)

Edited by warrick

I kinda of have a problem with the soundmod for ACR, I'm getting "JSRS_CZ750 requires addon CA_ACR"

Ah very nice updates! Hopefully these new updates will be available on Six U. :hyper: