What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Not sure if it's been reported already, but the MK17 Sniper SD uses unsuppressed sound. Same as MK17 Sniper.

You dont have Arma 2 or at least dont run it when starting Operation Arrowhead. You need to run Arma 2 CO on latest version (1.62.xxxx) and have all three CBA's for JSRS.

LJ

thats so weird, I got everything uptodate. I got all the cba´s for jsrs. The Single Scenarios are working fine with jsrs, only multiplayer missions are making trouble... what else could it be?

;2280090']Not sure if it's been reported already' date=' but the MK17 Sniper SD uses unsuppressed sound. Same as MK17 Sniper.[/quote']

I reported that not so long ago, they fixed it in the Update 2. Was some error/cfg issue, download Update 2 completely and reinstall 1.5 it will fix it.

Why does the Humvee sound like an electric car? Doesn't sound much like a Humvee to me.

Also not sure if this is to do with the mod, but sometimes when playing it with ACE on an ACE domination server, I've noticed when some type of an explosion happens I get a Sound Not Found error.

Overall I do love the sound mod.

1. Why does the Humvee sound like an electric car? Doesn't sound much like a Humvee to me.

2. Also not sure if this is to do with the mod, but sometimes when playing it with ACE on an ACE domination server, I've noticed when some type of an explosion happens I get a Sound Not Found error.

3. Overall I do love the sound mod.

1. Its not an electrical sounds, its the sound of a servo. It is supposed to sound like that, at least in my opinion.

2. We had this bug before and have no idea's where it is coming from. Another one said it might be from ACE and maybe a missing ACE wounded sound (when being unconscious) or it could be a JSRS smoke grenade related thing. Since its not saying WHAT sound it missing, it'll be tricky one...

3. You are very welcome!

LJ

1. Its not an electrical sounds, its the sound of a servo. It is supposed to sound like that, at least in my opinion.

2. We had this bug before and have no idea's where it is coming from. Another one said it might be from ACE and maybe a missing ACE wounded sound (when being unconscious) or it could be a JSRS smoke grenade related thing. Since its not saying WHAT sound it missing, it'll be tricky one...

3. You are very welcome!

LJ

Ah quick response, thank you.

I understand what you mean, but is there anyway to add more like.... BEAST to it? like in this video?

Ah quick response, thank you.

I understand what you mean, but is there anyway to add more like.... BEAST to it? like in this video?

Not for now, I'm very busy with other, not even started stuff mate ;)

LJ

Not for now, I'm very busy with other, not even started stuff mate ;)

LJ

I understand! Thank you anyways for the sound mod! I'll keep an eye out for whats causing that Sound Missing error. :)

When is 1.6 coming out? :)

You trying to kill me somehow? :P At some point in my life I need some sleep!!!!!!

I understand! Thank you anyways for the sound mod! I'll keep an eye out for whats causing that Sound Missing error. :)

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

LJ

I read the update readme, but I'm not convinced I understand it.

Do I have to delete ALL bisign files in the original download? Or can I just move the updated versions in and overwrite? Does the update consolidate existing files or something?

You trying to kill me somehow? :P At some point in my life I need some sleep!!!!!!

LJ

Haha, I was just pulling your tail as they say, LJ :D

1.5 is sufficient. If 1.6 is to be out, it will be either for A3, or when patches accumulate. I don't see how could JSRS get any better in a way it hops to another major release, it's the engine limitation, you guys used nearly 98 % what's possible and even what was deemed impossible :)

1.6 will come out for ArmA 5, where a group of BLUFOR and OPFOR will come to your house and fire live rounds next to your head for ultimate sound immersion. :p

Hey Jarhead,

I love JSRS and I've been using it since 1.3. Anyhow, I've run into an issue with 1.5. I downloaded it just today and I just went to test it out wqhen I noticed none of these new scripts work. All the gun, vehicle explosion and environment souds are there. When I shot in first person and third person I get the same sound, I get the same sounds when shooting indoors and outdoors. But the worst is no distance sounds! Someone shooting a hundred meters from me makes absolutley no noise!

Do you have any idea whats going on here?

It's already been found: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70268

It's like jarhead said, it's caused by the ace wound system. It's been fixed but hasn't been released yet

1.6 will come out for ArmA 5, where a group of BLUFOR and OPFOR will come to your house and fire live rounds next to your head for ultimate sound immersion. :p

Yah sure. You pay the soldiers and I write the configs then, hehe.

Hey Jarhead,

I love JSRS and I've been using it since 1.3. Anyhow, I've run into an issue with 1.5. I downloaded it just today and I just went to test it out wqhen I noticed none of these new scripts work. All the gun, vehicle explosion and environment souds are there. When I shot in first person and third person I get the same sound, I get the same sounds when shooting indoors and outdoors. But the worst is no distance sounds! Someone shooting a hundred meters from me makes absolutley no noise!

Do you have any idea whats going on here?

Read the readme to get information about Arma2 CO version and cba. This appears when you dont run arma co or dont have cba installed.

It's already been found: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70268

It's like jarhead said, it's caused by the ace wound system. It's been fixed but hasn't been released yet

Hey thank you for the information. Good to know it has been found.

LJ

Cracked me up :D

could you add this mod to playwithsix?

It's there already, same as every other mod available on SixUpdater - check the Mods tab, right side - Add Mod.

It's there already, same as every other mod available on SixUpdater - check the Mods tab, right side - Add Mod.

Might be on Sixupdater but i dont see it on playwithsix.

Might be on Sixupdater but i dont see it on playwithsix.

Click ACE.

In the bottom right, search "JSRS" and then "JSRS_ACE".

Click add.

Untick the box for ACEX_SM in the modset, and tick JSRS.

I reported that not so long ago, they fixed it in the Update 2. Was some error/cfg issue, download Update 2 completely and reinstall 1.5 it will fix it.

Hmm strange, I added the second update when it came out and only tested the sound mod fully yesterday, error was there for me, though I did not do the last part you said, in re-adding the rest of 1.5. No idea why that would be needed?

Also Update 2 was just v2 bisign's with the addition of the yakb.pbo, should I redownload all of JSRS 1.5 again?

Nevermind, Fixed

Edited by VIPER[CWW]