What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

New headset and a new soundmod, what more could i want...

with a epic sound card you can get a heart attack ;)

My Asus Xonar makes JSRS way more epic :D

Dude I love the warning lol

"WARNING

Before using JSRS 1.5, please check with your physician regarding any health and safety concerns. Jarheads Sound Redeployment Studio is not legally responsible for any possible heart attacks or seizures brought on due to the shear awesomness of the sounds."

I am downloading now, as far as I can tell there are many who love it, I am sure I will. But that warning is too funny hehe :yay:

Updated it. Its wonderful but, still no smoke effects on rifles/AT's, when using blastcore 1.1. : \

I don't think this has anything to do with JSRS.

Updated it. Its wonderful but, still no smoke effects on rifles/AT's, when using blastcore 1.1. : \

LJ sorry, sorry moderators but I need to do this ...

2vnknqc.jpg

since when JSRS makes smoke effects??? to my knowledge, do an excellent sound mod.

Edited by dalber24

Same here mate ;) Will also upload the Server keys for Admins :)

Thanks very much :p

I got this in my RPT file (plus popped up while playing)

Warning Message: Sound snip2_tail3 not found

seems one of the sniper distance noises is missing a config entry/typo'd

this was with ace + jsrs + jsrs_ace

EDIT:

'cause i was looking through the distance config for adapting my mod to it I found out what's causing it, was a lee enfield

class snip2_tail2 exists but no snip2_tail3, just a missing config - sound is there.

Same here. Is it fixed in update 2?

LJ sorry, sorry moderators but I need to do this ...

http://i49.tinypic.com/2vnknqc.jpg

since when JSRS makes smoke effects??? to my knowledge, do an excellent sound mod.

Hey bub, I wasn't askin' you. The comment was directed towards the main developer. I informed him of that issue already, I thought he would include that in the next update version and that is why I asked.

Lord Jarhead,

Thanks for your effort. Between your 1.5 mod and COWarmod, you have taken ARMA2 to whole new level!

I just fired up the hike in the hills single player mission and with those two mods, it's a whole different experience.

Thanks for your effort!

Lord Jarhead you've done it again! JSRS is easily the best mod for ArmA2 bar none

Great job with 1.5

I feel like the only thing it needs now is reverb effects for steps inside buildings to go along with those effects for weapons

Still it's really sad that sound sources can only be mono

I feel like the only thing it needs now is reverb effects for steps inside buildings to go along with those effects for weapons

Yap, same here. Maybe we are able to even work on this. I mean there must be a way... as there was no way with the distance sounds at the beginning and look where we are right now ;)

LJ

Yap, same here. Maybe we are able to even work on this. I mean there must be a way... as there was no way with the distance sounds at the beginning and look where we are right now ;)

LJ

Oh yes there's always a way! ;)

Same here. Is it fixed in update 2?

I believe so, haven't seen the error since update 2.

First of LordJarhead...just Amazing work with the mod truly Awesome! I though 1.4 was amazing lol. Linked everyone that I know who play's Arma and ppl that don't to watch that video. That M107 is just jaw dropping :butbut: .

Now for my noob question and I am truly sorry but I have tried to get it to work for the past 3 days, searched the forums and your readme but no luck sadly enough so though I come here because u guys would be able answer it quickly.

So my issue is when I load JSRS or any mod in Operation Arrowhead it removes Arma 2 Chernarous map from my Aram2OA game, and when I have nothing for the launcher options it shows Arma2 & Arma2OA in the bottom left corner. Could someone tell me the way I should write my launcher. I have tried every variation I could think of or that I could find online. Even tried separate launchers to no avail. By the way I never had it working with 1.4 either. Really hope you guys could help me out, would Greatly appreciate it!!!!

Some info that might be helpful:

I have it through Steam

Arma 2 (paid/full version): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

Arma 2 OA: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

@JSRS1.5

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

Once again Thanks LordJarhead for the Mod and anyone that would assist a fellow Arma player!

Hey...

this sounds really strange. I have actually really no idea about this steam versions. It is important to run as CO. But you got that. You run all three CBA's and you have it on the latest version. Both games though. We can figure this out I hope and I would like you when we get this to work, please tell me so I can update the readme.

I'm currently at work so I will get to this later today.

LJ

First of LordJarhead...just Amazing work with the mod truly Awesome! I though 1.4 was amazing lol. Linked everyone that I know who play's Arma and ppl that don't to watch that video. That M107 is just jaw dropping :butbut: .

Now for my noob question and I am truly sorry but I have tried to get it to work for the past 3 days, searched the forums and your readme but no luck sadly enough so though I come here because u guys would be able answer it quickly.

So my issue is when I load JSRS or any mod in Operation Arrowhead it removes Arma 2 Chernarous map from my Aram2OA game, and when I have nothing for the launcher options it shows Arma2 & Arma2OA in the bottom left corner. Could someone tell me the way I should write my launcher. I have tried every variation I could think of or that I could find online. Even tried separate launchers to no avail. By the way I never had it working with 1.4 either. Really hope you guys could help me out, would Greatly appreciate it!!!!

Some info that might be helpful:

I have it through Steam

Arma 2 (paid/full version): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2

Arma 2 OA: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead

@JSRS1.5

@CBA

@CBA_A2

@CBA_OA

Once again Thanks LordJarhead for the Mod and anyone that would assist a fellow Arma player!

First off, in mod parameters you need to execute all 3 CBA's at 1st and only then JSRS so it looks something like

;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS1.5

If that doesn't fix it for you, try creating a shortcut and manually detecting your ArmA 2 in parameters (from the guide you can find a link of in my signature):

"-mod=X:\Bohemia Interactive;MOD1;MOD2;Expansion;Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion" -parameter

This parameter helps you fix A2+OA to CO issues or helps you run A2 Free and OA as CO Lite with mods. X: is your drive and Bohemia Interactive (Default ArmA 2 Free folder) is folder of your ArmA 2 or ArmA 2 Free installation while MOD1 and MOD2 are mod name examples, you can add as many as you wish though you should keep it short. -parameter is desired parameter to go along this one such as -skipintro, you can add more parameters as well.

If even that doesn't help, make sure you've installed JSRS afresh, in other words, remove all previous versions before installing 1.5 and also make sure you have the latest CBA versions as this may cause issues as well.

Another thing that might help is to find your OA in steam Library, right click on your OA game and go to properties and then create a shortcut and launch from there, this should by default fix it.

Before you reinstall anything, be sure that CO is correctly loaded. I know I have said it many times before, but: Steam is the worst solution to start ArmAII:CO+Mods. Not mentioning the DLCs...

DLC's are automatically loaded and I've never had any problems launching CO in Steam. Launch params are a piece of cake as well, not to mention faster than using launchers.

Posting here for the third time with this question which will hopefully get answered this time. The problem is - i can't hear gun mechanisms, nor interior sounds. What should I do to fix it? What i've tried

- fixing all problems with files game couldn't find

- lower gfx details in case it was a performance issue

- check wether i have all 3 newest CBAs

- redownload JSRS 1.5 full

- defrag the disks

- launch with no other mods than JSRS and CBAs

- try different soundcard

- try launching the distance script from a separate mod folder in case jsrs one was blocking something from loading

Nothing has worked so far. Other than that, mod works because there are new sounds. It's just that the script doesn't. I'm out of ideas on how to make it work.

To all of the above posts regarding how to load mods / manage mods, instead of using launch parameters, why not just use the ingame Expansions module?

It's a very elegant solution. Between that update and Six Updater, managing mods had become very easy.

Steam is easy as well as long one users Properties/Launch Parameters.

The ingame Expansions module is best.

Given your competences, does anyone know how to combine a DVD version of A2 with a Steam version of OA to get CO?