What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

For your information, I am seeing the following errors in the server's rpt after allowing clients to use JSRS 1.5

2013/01/08, 18:06:50 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:06:50 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l85a2\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:07:38 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m4sd\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:09:13 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ak107\ak107_reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:19:10 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_metis\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 19:03:27 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l115a3\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 19:08:37 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\reload.wss'

DH ticket: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70217

I am also seeing the following error looped over and over for long periods on the serverside rpt although I have not yet ascertained whether this one is being caused by JSRS enabled clients however it's not occurred until JSRS1.5 clients have been connecting.

2013/01/08, 18:06:22 Unknown array value type -1

2013/01/08, 18:06:22 EOF in string

Edited by [KH]Jman

For all the issues we have with the key's we will just re-sign the whole mod with the V2 keys later today. Hopefully we canfix this then. Just wait a bit more...

Also there is no downgrade or further work on JSRS 1.4! You can still use 1.4.3 but it wont be supported anymore.

LJ

That's fine, i was just asking if anyone knew where to download it from.

I can't find any valid download liks for the 1.4.

Excellent stuff, although I only got to try out out briefly yesternight. I didn't get the update, and I only had CBA running at the same time, but I had this:

* Shooting outside and inside produced different results (as expected), but if I hit a wall when shooting from the inside my sound hardware seriously choked on it. Not on SSD yet, but on brand new hardware, so shouldn't be fragmented in any ways.

* Ambient sounds seems to lack sounds for sea. Both on Chernarus (sea) and Takistan (that lake) it's sea sound seem nonexistent.

I might have messed up something myself; if not confirmed by anyone else, ignore this :)

Jman;2275628']For your information' date=' I am seeing the following errors in the server's rpt after allowing clients to use JSRS 1.5

2013/01/08, 18:06:50 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_smoke\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:06:50 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l85a2\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:07:38 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_m4sd\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:09:13 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_ak107\ak107_reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 18:19:10 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_metis\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 19:03:27 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_l115a3\reload.wss'

2013/01/08, 19:08:37 Cannot load sound 'jsrs_grenade\reload.wss'

DH ticket: [url']https://dev-heaven.net/issues/70217[/url]

I am also seeing the following error looped over and over for long periods on the serverside rpt although I have not yet ascertained whether this one is being caused by JSRS enabled clients however it's not occurred until JSRS1.5 clients have been connecting.

2013/01/08, 18:06:22 Unknown array value type -1

2013/01/08, 18:06:22 EOF in string

We had this several times. These are not JSRS's fault, the reload errors are always there when using sounds which changes the reload sounds. Its an Arma network thing. The reload sounds are there....

Not sure about the other errors. We gotta check...

LJ

Hi Jarhead,

amazing mod mate, very impressed..!

You also made a 7-8 minute movie called alone in the woods or something, and you mentioned the scary forest noises at night time would be included as an option with this mod- could you tell me where it's located please as I can't find it..?

Cheers for all your hard work,

Marc

I second this ...

And...

Hey LordJarhead,

I launch this mod with over 200 mods.. from gun mods to vehicles(wheeled, tracked, air) to AI mods and effects mods (COSLX, GL4, JTD, etc...) I only have one issue which is NOT a direct result and only partially related to JSRS. It has to do with COSLX and the Wounded sounds. when wounded.. (JSRS has a wounding sound that is coupled with an impact sound...) that sound gets looped a few times.. So you'll get shot once. You will hear the impact and the Cry of pain.. then a few seconds later it will happen again... bullet impact and cry of pain.. and again some times only once sometimes repeated 2-3 times.. I truely believe it is an issue with another mod and NOT JSRS..

What I am getting at is .. I do not notice any issues! The sounds are Thrilling to say the Least!!! Everything works fine.. !! I thought it was quiet once but my headphones volume had been turned down by accident...

-nosplash -mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@loki;@mobile_proving_ground;@WARFX;@JSRS1.5;@vte;@bracer

So anyone help? I don't hear the mechanism sounds, and interior reflections. Other than that everything seems to work fine.

And about the lack of "_" in JSRS - the mod folder's name is also changed accordingly.

Encapsulating the -mod part worked. Thanks so much.

Now just to go thru the long task of commenting out lines from scripts.txt so battleye stops kicking people for joining the server with 1.5 loaded.

Once again, great job. This game would be a lot harder to play without JSRS and few other mods that I wont mention now. Thanks for your support to community!

/me gusta ;-)

I keep getting kicked off the server I play on for having JSRS 1.5 running...

They have updated JSRS to 1.5 but it still kicks me. I can get on fine if I don't load up JSRS 1.5

Any idea's as to what is causing it?

The 24th Platoon.de Links was broken.

I have fix it. Thats the new Download Links for the 24th Platoon Mirror

24th Platoon.de -> FULL @1,1GB: JSRS15MOD-FULL

ACE PACK ONLY (Already packed in FULL version)

24th Platoon.de -> 1 files @10MB: ACE PACK ONLY

OPTIONAL SOUNDS ONLY (Already packed in FULL version)

24th Platoon.de -> 1 files @36MB: OPTIONAL SOUNDS ONLY

Quoting a months-old post because I'm having the same problem and didn't see a solution.

The difference between his error and mine is that I'm hosting a server using JSRS, and clients that connect without JSRS get an error about jsrs_distance. When I turn off JSRS I can't edit/host any of the missions I made with JSRS active. Is JSRS not meant to be an optional mod?

If you edit a mission with JSRS active, JSRS will be in your mission.sqm. - don't edit missions with JSRS active if this is going to be an issue for your clients. If you want to fix a mission that you made with JSRS active, open the mission.sqm in Notepad, remove JSRS from the file, save it, start Arma without JSRS active, open the mission in the editor. Hopefully you will have worked this out for yourself by now but it might help another new player.

If you edit a mission with JSRS active, JSRS will be in your mission.sqm. - don't edit missions with JSRS active if this is going to be an issue for your clients. If you want to fix a mission that you made with JSRS active, open the mission.sqm in Notepad, remove JSRS from the file, save it, start Arma without JSRS active, open the mission in the editor. Hopefully you will have worked this out for yourself by now but it might help another new player.

This has been fixed with JSRS 1.5.

Ok. I would really like to ask you all to calm down, stop posting for a bit and let us work on all mentioned issues we have. The whole is really sad and I'm totally sorry about all the server,signatures and bikey errors we have. We need to figure this out and thill will take some time. Since we are all working the whole day and have really limited time for this.

I really hope you understand this and don't insult me in your PM's now :)

I ask you all to post all your issues in the DevHeaven Trickery ...

Thank you for your understanding.

LordJarhead

Ok. I would really like to ask you all to calm down, stop posting for a bit and let us work on all mentioned issues we have. The whole is really sad and I'm totally sorry about all the server,signatures and bikey errors we have. We need to figure this out and thill will take some time. Since we are all working the whole day and have really limited time for this.

I ask you all to post all your issues in the DevHeaven Trickery ...

Thank you for your understanding.

LordJarhead

We are working on it. We know about it. Just wait...

LJ

Was waiting for 1.5 for some time and would like to say "Thank You" for this great Mod. It really enhances my gameplay and that since 1.4.

While playing a small skirmish mission in the desert i noticed that there seems to be a problem with the ricochet sounds. No objects around me i got ricochets of massiv walls and ricochets of hitting metal surfaces. There seems to be a bug with the ricochet sounds....could you please look into this by chance :)

Thank You!

Keep up the good work LJ and gang, your mod alone is a real game changer, thanks a lot for your time and passion! :ok:

What I really like about 1.5 is distant fight. For the 1st time, A2 has combat depth (for audio that is) and it incredibly resembles the real thing. You can hear random shots and distinguish weapon types, and you can literally hear depth like when sound travels through objects (and also feel this with high end 5.1 or 7.1 audio system cranked up, since it will produce lower frequencies specially with a good sub-woofer that makes things around you shake up) which is awesome, I tried it and it freaked out my neighbors :D

One thing though. How did you manage to add "bass" and "depth" to those sounds and still make them loud enough? I tried dozen times to add this to my missions but to no avail. ArmA 2 always kills "bass" and "depth" from sound effects played.

the best soundmod far, get better and better great thanks !

is it possible to get a config for bw-mod cause the mg4 sounds boring in relation to the new g36 sounds... :rolleyes:

Ok. We have worked on this and it seemed that I mixed a file or two. So I signed the wrong files and gave you the wrong signatures.

Please download the UPDATE 2 and tell me if you still have problem joining server.

JSRS15MOD-FULL Updated version.

JSRS15MOD-ACE PACK updated. Included in FULL but also updated. in the update.

JSRS15MOD-OPTIONAL SOUNDS updated. Included in FULL but also updated with UPDATE 2.

JSRS15MOD-UPDATE 2 Updates. everything.

README Please read this for more information.

LJ

Thank you LJ! Awesome work and much appriciated!

I will try it out as soon as I get home again.

Hey, first awesome mod! It is a big jump from 1.4 to 1.5 with der quality.

My question is, that you maybe add these howitzer sound for these ace artys too?

Hmm not sure but KAC PDW from ACE is not change from 1.4 :P

LordJarhead

I find it sad that people will take the time to PM you with insults from your FREELY AVAILABLE MOD

Is there somewhere we can download just the server bikey files?

Thanks for this wonderful sound mod