What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thank you LJH for all your effort and to every one else who helped you make this happen. Thanks also to the 24th for hosting the files which I am down lading as I post. I cant wait to wet myself from the awesomeness of the new sounds in game.

You even included an option for ACE users to disable the random "Ouch, Oof!" when you're hurt! That's certainly great for mine and many other communities that play with ACRE and can tell others when they are hurt anyway.

Well, not really. It'll disable the Vanilla Arma wounded sound effects when being wounded, not when laying unconscious on the ground if it thats what you meant? Those are ACE sounds. But I guess you meant just what I said with those repetitive hurt and pain noises when standing or running around wounded? Well, those were from JSRS 1.4.3 and you can now disable them or not ;)

Seeding overnight and whole tomorrow from a spare old G4 PowerPC box, electricity bills be damned! My online Arma2 lag tonight be damned! 500kb/s upload is all I can slot to it, but every bit helps so get on the torrent and seed!

And of course big thanks to LJ and others!

:)

Just a quick question with 1 minute to finish downloading - if I understand it correctly the bisign2 keys changed (as the whole content did), so we should probably lobby our favourite servers who accepted JSRS previously into updating the server keys, right? Or are they more like tied to your private key or something so it would still be accepted seamlessly? Thanks.

Edited by fraczek

No changelog, right? Would it be faster to ask which sounds have remained the same?

I'd like to thank the master Jarhead and the background for your awesome work. I can't express myself properly with words to tell you how superb this mod is in my opinion!

Bravo, LJH! Sound is particularly important to me (in gaming and IRL), so I'm really looking forward to playing with this.

Big thanks to all involved!

time to download and seed! :'D

And than have a jolly good time playing in editor!

Seeding overnight and whole tomorrow from a spare old G4 PowerPC box, electricity bills be damned! My online Arma2 lag tonight be damned! 500kb/s upload is all I can slot to it, but every bit helps so get on the torrent and seed!

And of course big thanks to LJ and others!

:)

Just a quick question with 1 minute to finish downloading - if I understand it correctly the bisign2 keys changed (as the whole content did), so we should probably lobby our favourite servers who accepted JSRS previously into updating the server keys, right? Or are they more like tied to your private key or something so it would still be accepted seamlessly? Thanks.

The whole mod was signed with a new private key, 1.5. So the Admins will have to use the provided serverKey in the JSRS Folder to allow the mod on the server. JSRS 1.4.3 wont be mixable and 1.5 is a totally new mod so to say. No pbo is untouched. I would say about 90% of the sounds are new, changed, tweaked or enhanced. Some like some of the helicopters are good the way they were, so I did not touched much with those.

LJ

Amazing work mate!

Thank you sincerely for the hours of your life that you have poured into this. I will be donating as soon as I check this out :D

DLing now, have already pestered Sickboy about uploading to SU/PwS.

Naaaw doesn't work for me, no ACE RU :P

Oh well, it's time I updated my ACE anyway :D

Thanks LJ and everyone involved in the work. :)

Meanwhile, already 32 seeders and even more leechers on p2p..this will be a success story :D

Quick question, not sure if I did some thing wrong. When I get into a hummer or warrior I can hardly then them in the server I am in, and the UH-1 is quite. Did I do some thing wrong? I extracted the files and then put the @folders in, I see the new JSRS logo when I load. But like I said I can hardly hear ground vehicles. Any help would be great

Thanks

Congrats on the great release LJ! Downloading as we speak Via Torrent & well keep seeding for a day or two. Thank you for all the hard work you & others have done to release 1.5! <3

Possible bug: I was testing 1.5 by playing some Flashpoint Zargabad, and managed to get an error popup with the message "Sound snip2_tail3 not found". I didn't notice any sniper weapons on people I killed in the vicinity, though there was a Lee-Enfield.

Otherwise, amazing job on the audio! I loved the previous release already and this is even better, the interior echoes and gun mechanism sounds are great. The latter work particularly well with silenced weapons.