What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Is this a proper version? Who can confirm it?

No one is confirming anything until everything is finalized and sorted properly. If people keep snooping and throwing us off, we'll end up delaying the release. We're not trying to be dickish here, but we know what we have to do and trying to get sorted. We don't appreciate people jumping ahead of us. When it's ready and the mirrors are good to go, it'll be officially published by the JSRS team.

Edited by Yokhanan

Good to see you guys went the torrent route. (No I'm not giving out the link. No I'm not downloading until the official release. I only realised there was even a 1.4 a couple of weeks ago since I got JSRS back in the 1.3 days so I'm content for the moment :D )

Excuse me, but sharing via Torrent only works if you have enough People who understand the Word Network and down- AND uploading too.

I remember the last big Release of J.S.R.S : Downloaded my Copy of it, shared it via utorrent and voila..1-3 Uploader vs. 1.000.000 Leechers.

Excuse me, but sharing via Torrent only works if you have enough People who understand the Word Network and down- AND uploading too.

I remember the last big Release of J.S.R.S : Downloaded my Copy of it, shared it via utorrent and voila..1-3 Uploader vs. 1.000.000 Leechers.

Thatswhy I DONT wanted to post the links already, we really working hard here and as fast as we can to at least provide 4 mirrors (1 torrent) so every one has a choice. One 1 GB file, 10 100MB files, 2 files, a torrent and so on. Just a bit more guys! MINUTES!

LJ

Just a bit more guys! MINUTES!

Suddenly I picture everyone refreshing and looking at their screens for links:

overly_attached_computer.jpg

Take your time guys -we've waited this long so minutes/hours/days don't really matter *bites tongue over days comment*

Oh and thanks ahead of time. I loved 1.43 and can't imagine how this will be better :)

JSRS 1.5 DL link! :D

YOU JUST GOT JSRSROLLED

P.S. Patience always pays out ;)

Cruel MAVEN, just cruel. No JSRS1.5 for you (dont give it to him LJH!)

The time has come.

Just let me say something: It took me like three days now to make this happen, and it would have never happened without Robalo and Yokhanan! Also I want to thanks http://24th-platoon.de/ who came up with his offer to use the file server just right in time! I ask you guys for a giant applause for those guys! Thank you so much!

And sadly I have to mention the non existing patience of some here. I was kinda sad to see on the last pages nothing but useless postings. I know you are exciting, and yes, this is also a big step for me and my team, but we can't keep you informed about any further progress if we always have to go with this kiddy-stuff! I'm really sry to say this, but you HAVE to understand me here. But nevermind, lets get to the fun part, FINALLY!

I not going to talk about JSRS at this point, I let the ReadMe do the job! Seriously, read that damn thing, it'll answer some questions!

README

Thanks

I have to thank some very special people for the support over the last years! If I forgot somebody, please let me know!

CarlGustaffa, Das Attorney, Ei8ght, FoxHound, Jman, kju, Law-Giver, MarkXIII, McLupo, Psychobastard, PurePassion, Sickboy, TheCapulet, Tonci87, W0lle

Arma2Base.de

Armaholic.com

Brigade2010.de

DevHeaven.net

KellyHereos.eu

Thanks to the community, to everyone who is playing with this mod, who have trust in it, who has gave comments or who supported this mod!

And special thanks to Yokhanan and Robalo who were always supporting me in every possible way! Thank you so much mates!

And a thanks to all who were so kind to donate for JSRS Studio! You are AWESOME!

Links

JSRS 1.5 MOD - FULL VERSION (Contains ACE Pack and Optional Sounds)

RapidShare -> 1 files @ 1GB: JSRS15MOD-FULL ->Currently unavailable

Box.com -> 10 files @ 100 MB: JSRS15MOD-FULL

Torrent -> 1 files @1GB: JSRS15MOD-FULL

24th Platoon.de -> PART 1 @700MB: JSRS15MOD-FULL-Part1

24th Platoon.de -> PART 2 @350MB: JSRS15MOD-FULL-Part2

ACE PACK ONLY (Already packed in FULL version)

24th Platoon.de -> 1 files @10MB: ACE PACK ONLY

OPTIONAL SOUNDS ONLY (Already packed in FULL version)

24th Platoon.de -> 1 files @36MB: OPTIONAL SOUNDS ONLY

System requirements

1. ArmA 2: Combined Operations on latest version

2. A recent version of CBA is required! All three CBA variants, CBA, A2 and OA.

3. It is important to set up 128 Sample in the Audio tions to prevent misfire of the sound. You'll find more information about that in the FAQ in the ReadMe.

Using the Modfolder Method to install this mod, please read Armaholic’s easy to follow FAQ for a clear explanation:

http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

Download JSRS 1.5. Unpack the whole mod folder called @JSRS 1.5. You shouldn't change the folder though, or it

contents. I highly recommend an Arma Launcher. This will manage the mods and you are able to check or uncheck

them pretty fast without changing command lines. If you not running an Launcher, then you will have to edit your

shortcut parameters like this:

"Drive:\Arma 2 \Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS" -skipintro -nosplash“

Running with latest OA beta:

"Drive:\Arma 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA;@JSRS;Expansion;"

-skipintro -nosplash“

Keep in mind that there are certain things you will have to re-read in the Read Me files! There is a FAQ and a Problems and Issues section in it you should check out BEFORE posting anything about named Problems at all. Please keep in mind that JSRS is incredible enhanced using new scripts that will need their performance! That means that it can cause trouble on Low End machines, consider this. Also would like to state that I take no responsibility for any damage that my occur to equipment or persons whilst using JSRS Mod, in particular the sonic-cracks and explosions, which are really loud in game!

WARNING

Before using JSRS 1.5, please check with your physician regarding any health and safety concerns. Jarheads Sound Redeployment Studio is not legally responsible for any possible heart attacks or seizures brought on due to the shear awesomness of the sounds.

JSRS Release guide

1. Prepare Tissues to wipe away the tears of joy!

2. Prepare fresh pants for when you come under fire!

3. Read the Readme! Seriously!

4. Start the download

5. Prepare sweets to eat while you watch the download progress

6. Ultimate Fun

Don't mind my joke. The real stuff is here:D

Downloading!

P.S. A pro tip. Use box.net and select all parts, hit download button and wait for decrypt. Once read you will get a single file link with full speed download (100mb/s connection here, I guess I will be among the first ones to try this out:D)

Thanks for the mod, LJ and team :)

Expect my feedback though not too soon, I may get stuck playing this all night long now.

Thank you so much LJ :D

I really appreciate your work, keep going on.

PS: Don't forget to rename the thread ;D

HAHAHA I've found the torrent like 20 minutes before the release but I haven't told anybody about it to feed the devil inside me.

Lord Jarhead - thank you very much for all the efforts and time that you sacrificed to create this epicness.

Thanks LJ. I thought I'd use the torrent to share the burden but it doesn't work for me and never starts, so I'm DL'ing from box.com now.

Was about to release my mission for JSRS 1.4.3, glad I waited. Gotta try this out.

You even included an option for ACE users to disable the random "Ouch, Oof!" when you're hurt! That's certainly great for mine and many other communities that play with ACRE and can tell others when they are hurt anyway.

I'm gonna post these again, some sounds MIGHT be outdated since this was during the inhouse beta test, but It'll certainly get peoples interest. If sounds have changed I'll add annotations in the videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsvUOUglpGU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2nl1FbbFc