What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Just for the waiting time:

Do not quote videos!!

LJ

Just to remember, all this is still WIP. Some sounds, like some of the cracks for 20mm rounds will be tweaked again. Same for Tonci's video, the gau8 for example need to be fixed.

LJ

Edited by Foxhound
removed quoted video.

Here we go

TURN UP YOUR VOLUME and enjoy

If A2 graphics were as realistic as the mod, someone could mistake this video for a real event. A really well made vid and mod. Thanks :)

Love the dead silence going louder as time flies by and tracers start to pop one by one. That's how real firefights start actually.

Common people, the same video quoted 2 times is not usefull and the rules are pretty clear about this!

§14) Remove tags when quoting a post containing an image or embedded video

If you quote a post that contains an image please remove the image tag or the whole image, it helps keep the thread tidy and easier to read if the same image isn't being posted repeatedly, you need only delete one [ to stop the image from hotlinking. If the post contains an embedded video such as YouTube you should remove the tags so the image of the video is not shown in your quote.

@LordJarhead

If you want to be sure people see it just re-post it or link to your post on the new page :)

If A2 graphics were as realistic as the mod, someone could mistake this video for a real event. A really well made vid and mod. Thanks :)

Love the dead silence going louder as time flies by and tracers start to pop one by one. That's how real firefights start actually.

actually in this video, graphics look as realistic as it can be (imo), i guess ur just got used with arma 2 enginge, so it doesn't impress u anymore. For example a friend of my buddy, who is in the military, said it looks damn realistic.

Common people, the same video quoted 2 times is not usefull and the rules are pretty clear about this!

You say that like people are doing it deliberately, rather than just using the internet in the way it is used everywhere else, where forums are run by servers and not ailing squirrels desperately rubbing wires together.

If it's that fatal, the admin could always just disable embedding...

Script jsrs_distance\scripts\dummy_vehicle.sqf not found on main menu? anyone help with this im using mod folders and latest bis beta patch.

actually in this video, graphics look as realistic as it can be (imo), i guess ur just got used with arma 2 enginge, so it doesn't impress u anymore. For example a friend of my buddy, who is in the military, said it looks damn realistic.

That might actually be true. Been playing ArmA and ArmA 2 for well over 3-4 years now:rolleyes:

Wow, 1.5 sounds amazing! Just one question will the "distance" thing work on all islands? I thought there was a sound mod that had something similar but only worked on A2 maps.

Wow, 1.5 sounds amazing! Just one question will the "distance" thing work on all islands? I thought there was a sound mod that had something similar but only worked on A2 maps.

All maps. Inroom script work on all structures based on class buildings. Means all kind of houses, container, woodhouses in chernaruss, all passages through buildings like on thirsk. FPS script works just everywhere with every weapons of Arma or ACE.

I had no map yet on which thoses things didnt worked.

LJ

All maps. Inroom script work on all structures based on class buildings. Means all kind of houses, container, woodhouses in chernaruss, all passages through buildings like on thirsk. FPS script works just everywhere with every weapons of Arma or ACE.

LJ

Awesome, 1.5 sounds really great! I would of stopped playing ArmA 2 a long time ago if it wasn't for these community mods! :)

LJ

So it's not a procedural audio but rather a neat trick. Woah, takes a lot of custom sound files designed and classes to make this work on all islands.

How many sound effects does JSRS have total?

How many sound effects does JSRS have total?

Not sure right now. Gotta check. Around 1500 sound samples for distance, fps and inroom script. Maybe around 600 - 800 for environment. Around 1000 for bullethits and cracks. Maybe 1000 for handheld/vehicle weapons. Explosions, maybe 100... 600 movement sounds like steps and gear noises. Ya and all the vehicle sounds... hmm. Really i should check later.

Im currently stuck with my cellphone in hospital, but will be home later today. Then I will start to count. hehehe.

LJ

Not sure right now. Gotta check. Around 1500 sound samples for distance, fps and inroom script. Maybe around 600 - 800 for environment. Around 1000 for bullethits and cracks. Maybe 1000 for handheld/vehicle weapons. Explosions, maybe 100... 600 movement sounds like steps and gear noises. Ya and all the vehicle sounds... hmm. Really i should check later.

Im currently stuck with my cellphone in hospital, but will be home later today. Then I will start to count. hehehe.

LJ

~5500?! That's freaking a lot dude:butbut::raisebrow:

BI you watching? Hire this guy or buy his samples for A3 :biggrin_o: DO IT :mad_o:;)

P.S. Get well soon LJ whatever the case out there.

Thanks matey ;)

Hopefully Im on my way out of hospital. Just a few hours :S

LJ

EDIT:

Well, I'm back home. So my first action was counting for MAVEN ;) 5259 sound files at all (might be more at release date), 262 config files, 365 pbo files and 506 files at all (bisigns). Mod is unpacked around 1.61 GB of file size since I could tweak some pbo's a bit.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Hi,

the jsrs sounds are really awesome. However, it took me forever to get the mod running, and it still doesn't work properly.

I have the steam version (Combined Ops., Beta not installed) and tried to install the jsrs mod using mod folders. I did exactly what the instructions at armaholic said - including installment of the requirements - but the result was constant crash to desktop when I started CO (even though I could see the jsrs & cba mod folders in the "expansions" section in the menu).

I then tried simply copying the files into my "addons" folder in the "Arma 2" directory. I could start the game. The russian AKs sounded amazing. However, neither the m16 nor the fn fal can now fire single shots.

I copied and renamed the m4 pbo-files into "m16" files, because I thought then the m16 would simply use the m4 sounds and acquire an m4-sounding single shot. But it didn't. I eliminated every single pbo containing "m16" from my addons folder, but still the m16 could not fire single shots - even though THE M16 SOUND WAS THE ORIGINAL AGAIN.

Can you help me play the good AK sounds yet still have a single-fire capable m16 and fn fal?

thanks in advance

k.

How do you implement those mods? Via Shortcut-editing or do you use any program for that?

Are you using other mods? If you are, which ones?

Hi,

the jsrs sounds are really awesome. However, it took me forever to get the mod running, and it still doesn't work properly.

I have the steam version (Combined Ops., Beta not installed) and tried to install the jsrs mod using mod folders. I did exactly what the instructions at armaholic said - including installment of the requirements - but the result was constant crash to desktop when I started CO (even though I could see the jsrs & cba mod folders in the "expansions" section in the menu).

I then tried simply copying the files into my "addons" folder in the "Arma 2" directory. I could start the game. The russian AKs sounded amazing. However, neither the m16 nor the fn fal can now fire single shots.

I copied and renamed the m4 pbo-files into "m16" files, because I thought then the m16 would simply use the m4 sounds and acquire an m4-sounding single shot. But it didn't. I eliminated every single pbo containing "m16" from my addons folder, but still the m16 could not fire single shots - even though THE M16 SOUND WAS THE ORIGINAL AGAIN.

Can you help me play the good AK sounds yet still have a single-fire capable m16 and fn fal?

thanks in advance

k.