What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thank you for your real life expirience man, those critism/constructive feedback is alway really good and gives me a view into a real life example. Thanks for telling me ;) Also it IS possible to make a difference between a Hard (Stone, Road) and a soft (gras, dirt, sand) underground...

Interesting, Tracks shouldn´t be audible on soft surfaces like grass, sand or mud. But driving on a road or stone is a whole different story

Interesting, Tracks shouldn´t be audible on soft surfaces like grass, sand or mud. But driving on a road or stone is a whole different story

Exactly ;) DONE!

I don't think the T-72 in ArmA 2 has an autoloader, the one ingame looks like an older model.

I don't think the T-72 in ArmA 2 has an autoloader, the one ingame looks like an older model.

EVERY T-72 has an Autoloader

It was designed that way.

"NERD MODE = 1"

The T72 had always a autoloader system, but there was a redesign as part of the modernization of T-72's. A well-known deficiency of the old loader principle was to place the ammunition in a magazine in the tank sump. Despite its location in the center of the pan in a low-lying area, the T-72 showed a high risk of inflammation and subsequent explosion of ammunition in real battles, especially because of the highly flammable "part-burn-cartridges-charges". So, new versions has been therefore equipped with a completely new loading machine by the design office "Morozov" in Kharkov, which is fundamentally different from the loading system of the T-64, T-80 and T-72 and previous versions. It is the Ukrainian version of the modernization and development of the T-72. But still, all earlier build T-72 tanks had a autoloader sytem...

"NERD MODE = 0"

:)

LJ

EVERY T-72 has an Autoloader

It was designed that way.

My bad, wasn't aware of this.

"NERD MODE = 1"

The T72 had always a autoloader system, but there was a redesign as part of the modernization of T-72's. A well-known deficiency of the old loader principle was to place the ammunition in a magazine in the tank sump. Despite its location in the center of the pan in a low-lying area, the T-72 showed a high risk of inflammation and subsequent explosion of ammunition in real battles, especially because of the highly flammable "part-burn-cartridges-charges". So, new versions has been therefore equipped with a completely new loading machine by the design office "Morozov" in Kharkov, which is fundamentally different from the loading system of the T-64, T-80 and T-72 and previous versions. It is the Ukrainian version of the modernization and development of the T-72. But still, all earlier build T-72 tanks had a autoloader sytem...

"NERD MODE = 0"

:)

LJ

NerdMode=true;

//The Croatian M-84A4 SNIPER; the M-84D and the M-95 Degman are the most modern versions of the T-72. Although the M-95 is still a Prototype, it´s characteristics put him on the same level as other modern MBTs.

NerMode=false;

Just saying :P

So, here I have something for at least 5 minutes^^

BvHYSuwHAbE?hd=1

Its about time to let the rock roll. JSRS 1.5 will bring the biggest changes ever made within the whole venture I'm working on for over 4 years by now. JSRS 1.5 is the first version which might be perfect. For me at least, and thats the whole point.

As you already know, the 1.4 trailer didnt had any music either, so I stay that way with my trailer style. Hope you like it ;) Crank it up!!!

LJ

Awesome trailer :P

Question, is there a chance that the bugged ace explosions might be fixed for 1.5? currently when a mine (like a M18 claymore or a M16 Bounding mine) the sound replays/reverberates over and over again about 5-6 times getting louder every time, makes mine fields give me a migraine :(

I can't be too sure, but I haven't experienced it in our DEV version in awhile. But I'll double check on my end to see if it was fixed already, unless LJ can confirm/deny it being fixed ahead of me. :)

Well John,

to be honest, I dont believe we ever had mines like the M16 or M18 so far, just the simple IED's. The Anti-Personnel Obstacle Breaching System is causing multiple explosions which uses ACE sounds, so I dont have credits in there. We should test the M18/16 more I believe so we are able to confirm...

LJ

Nice trailer, but are you now making a graphics mod? :p

Nope, never had any intention to do so. But what does people expect me to do as a video or trailer? Yes, the opposite thing of what I did. So take it, like it, wait for more ;) Actually rendering a short vid of some sounds... to people stop bitchin' :D

LJ

Awesome trailer :P

Question, is there a chance that the bugged ace explosions might be fixed for 1.5? currently when a mine (like a M18 claymore or a M16 Bounding mine) the sound replays/reverberates over and over again about 5-6 times getting louder every time, makes mine fields give me a migraine :(

Note: This behaviour happens on dedi servers and may be caused by an ACE bug.

This bug makes mines detonate multiple times (times it detonates=number of players on the server).

Brig2010 is observing this for quite some time now but we still couldn´t get a reliable repro.

NOT JSRS´s FAULT

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:57 PM ----------

LJ I think i spotted a little bug in the current version.

The TAC-50 SD has the same far sound as the Tac-50. Makes an SD Weapon very audible over distance^^

Edited by Tonci87

Note: This behaviour happens on dedi servers and may be caused by an ACE bug.

This bug makes mines detonate multiple times (times it detonates=number of players on the server).

Brig2010 is observing this for quite some time now but we still couldn´t get a reliable repro.

NOT JSRS´s FAULT

only ever had the issue with JSRS, not with ACEX SM or vanilla, not that it stops me from using it :D

Edit: Sound duping only happens with AP mines, both editor and player based mines, AT mines, IED's, ect are fine but all AP mines both east and west and even M86 PDM's (Thrown AP mines) bug it.

Edited by Scarecrow398

only ever had the issue with JSRS, not with ACEX SM or vanilla, not that it stops me from using it :D

Edit: Sound duping only happens with AP mines, both editor and player based mines, AT mines, IED's, ect are fine but all AP mines both east and west and even M86 PDM's (Thrown AP mines) bug it.

Not ACE_SM but ACE itself my be responsible for that Bug. Only AP Mines? Now that is something where one could start to make a Repro.

It's definitely confirmed on my end with the current dev version we're working with. Plop down a claymore on Utes with a tripwire. Ran through the tripwire without JSRS running and there was no bug. Run through the tripwire with JSRS running and I ended up getting the repeating explosions effect. It's certainly something we'll have to look into I guess. But yeah, did a few quick tests anyone can do, and pretty much got it with JSRS and not with Vanilla. Bit weird, though heh.

Ok, those of you who have those problems with multiple explosions, are you using the jsrs_ace-explosions_c.pbo? Disable this file and please test again...

LJ

Ok, I can confirm its caused by the jsrs_ace-explosions_c.pbo, there is a wrong entry in it making mines and explosive devises explode multiple times. I will try to fix that within the next few hours ;)

LJ