What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Now THAT is some BadAss Intro Music! Oh and the vehicle sounds are cool too :p

Hi Jarhead, Loving the new vehicle sounds. I also like the new presentation of logo intro's all very well polished and formatted. I had to laugh at the end of that video ..... must ...... not .................. reach ........................ for ....................................... horn ...........................................................................

Hi Jarhead, Loving the new vehicle sounds. I also like the new presentation of logo intro's all very well polished and formatted. I had to laugh at the end of that video ..... must ...... not .................. reach ........................ for ....................................... horn ...........................................................................

Hehehe, yah ;) John told me maybe to change the Horn sound, corze it sounds to "car'ish" :D

EDIT:

JSRS is almost done. I have some little things to do, but we almost done here. And then, we have to do a lot of testing. And the rest of RPT's getting fixed and then we can go close to a release... ;)

LJ

Awesome work with the MRAP!

Will it be released with JSRS 1.5?

Whatever, i can't wait for it :D

Nope, I was just making the sounds for this addons.

If you guys have addons which need sounds, just PM me and we can talk about this. Always happy to help (if your AddOn in not big as hell, i might be able to work on that besides of JSRS ;) )

LJ

Are you going to make the "Optional" sounds the default in the future?

Are you going to make the "Optional" sounds the default in the future?

Yes, and I make most old sounds as optional, if there is someone who dont like the changes :)

LJ

If you guys have addons which need sounds, just PM me and we can talk about this.

Will do! *writes up a 10 mile long list for LJ* :p

5 mile should be enough I guess^^

We only keep the old weapon sounds since the new vehicles are great enough, and as well old and new files arereally big, so we wont put them in as well. Maybe as seperate download? Not sure yet, would be also new work for us to make the old sounds fit to the new effects like the tread sounds and other vehicle noises. But we will find a decent way.

Thanks guys,

LJ

Nice news ! also it would be great to have a proper french sound replacement (don't blame i'm french). And i leave this thread with my white flag hight in the sky

Nice news ! also it would be great to have a proper french sound replacement (don't blame i'm french). And i leave this thread with my white flag hight in the sky

Didn't knew there are any french guys in the game. Basque beret on the head, dressed in a blue and white striped shirt, a baguette in one hand and a bottle of red wine under his arm? :D

Don't know what you could mean...

LJ

Didn't knew there are any french guys in the game. Basque beret on the head, dressed in a blue and white striped shirt, a baguette in one hand and a bottle of red wine under his arm? :D

Don't know what you could mean...

LJ

Dammit, now you have this image stuck in my head:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_dgk_5eFrlwg/TTH_44-RonI/AAAAAAAAC2c/-ymPyQTmDFs/s1600/french.jpg

Joking aside, I think he might mean about supporting stuff like OFP mod and stuff?

I would rather like to see him support RHS AFRF Excellence goes with excellence :p

Yeah that's right i speak about the great mod OFRP because they have nice texture everything works fine exept (in my opinion) the sound

Yeah that's right i speak about the great mod OFRP because they have nice texture everything works fine exept (in my opinion) the sound

Well, to cover a whole mod would be abit more work. And as long those guys dont ask me, I wont even think about covering theire work, that is a matter of respect to me. If they come to me and ask me for that, sure, no problem, I can think about it at least. But not like that. Everyone can be happy with his work. And when they need sounds, they know where to find me ;)

LJ

Jarhead mate, just updated to the later 1.4.3 and man... what happened to the Apache? That was awesome before but now it seems like you

have changed it from what was epic to where I dont want to hear the Apache in game anymore, lol. I remember you once told me that you loved

everything about the apache sounds and nothing will change, what happened?

Anyway to have the old files for the apache in previous release? thanks.

i didn't speak about make the sound for all the mod but just the weapons like a replacement pack or something like that ?

Jarhead mate, just updated to the later 1.4.3 and man... what happened to the Apache? That was awesome before but now it seems like you

have changed it from what was epic to where I dont want to hear the Apache in game anymore, lol. I remember you once told me that you loved

everything about the apache sounds and nothing will change, what happened?

Anyway to have the old files for the apache in previous release? thanks.

I didnt wanted to change it something else, which sounds maybe not as good as the old one. But then I got those new samples, really clear, HD, best sound for the apache in my opinion. Maybe it will be changed with 1.5 again, dont know^^

i didn't speak about make the sound for all the mod but just the weapons like a replacement pack or something like that ?

Nope, I dont change their sounds. Its their part, not mine. If they want me to do so, no problem, but I dont cover other modders work because someone thinks their sounds sucks or just dont fit or what so ever. Sry.

LJ

Have a little request to you guys:

Can you post me your average FPS rate while playing arma? That would be really helpful to suit the Mod more to the average players of JSRS.

That would be golden, thanks guys!

LJ

Highly dependent on map. 12-20 in the woods, 25-30 on open ground.

About 55 on average. I had no discernible impact from JSRS - apart from the enjoyment and immersion. :-)

with my old grapics (ENGT440) i had 15-20 in woods, 20-30 in open areas (takisan)... with my new rig (4x 3.3ghz; hd7770) i get about 40 in averange.

Ok, problem is... the script runs just fine and makes no hits on the peformance. But if the games runs under 25/20 fps the sounds getting played uncoordinated, irregular. Then you dont hear a burst like TATATATATATATaaaaaa... you most likely hear an irregular burst like Tataaa tTATAaata TATAaaa...

So the script would need a decent rate of FPS to run like it should. Thats why I'm asking. So if you going to post your average rates of fps, we can try to even more tweak the script and go further down with the needed performance. I myself run at 60 - 150 (depending on the map, AI, open field or forest). So I test with thousands of AI players and get down to 30 or 25 sometimes without noticing much irregular sounds. But further down you can get strange sound errors (Like the FPS sounds which are then not synchronized with the gunshot and stuff like that).

BTW: John (Yokhanan) and me were working hard on the distancesounds and scripts yesterday. Proudly I can say that we finally have a "continuous flow" in different ranges. Means that the sound of a gun fades fine into the next step in distance and so on. Before, we made 200m steps with the script, so if you were going onto a shooter, the sound changed hard each time. Now, we make !!!50meter!!!! steps (means 21 stages in distance and 1500 sound-samples just for the distance script!!!).

We will show you an result once we are done with that, but that will take a while, since its a really pain in the $%§-job. We have to create over 10.200 lines of config entries. Just for the numbers: That means 234.150 letters to write, heheh.

Keep posting your FPS rates please, this will help us to suit the mod to the users ;)

Thanks a lot guys,

LJ