What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

If you run ACE so that it doesn't overlap with JSRS, you can get away with no problems.

If you run ACE so that it doesn't overlap with JSRS, you can get away with no problems.

Still there is the potential that something will be messed up. Just dont use them, or only at own risk, with the note that you may wont expirience the real JSRS ambience...

;)

Hello, I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for this amazing sound mod.. I play with a small group of friends and we can't get over how awesome it is. I also wanted to shoot you a link to a video you might like to use for the Apache 30mm sound :P Not sure if you have looked into that aspect of the sounds but thought it could be useful to your work :)

---------- Post added at 17:39 ---------- Previous post was at 17:38 ----------

Link to the 30mm Apache. Sorry for dub post. I was unable to post links without having 1 post :(

http://www.apacheclips.com/boards/vbtube_show.php?tubeid=314

Hi LJ,

How about this newer SOS mod that came out?

I've been running it with yours. I think the author says it compliments your mod.

Any comments to that??

THx

Yah,

he wants to "fix" some sounds of my mod somehow... If you give it a higher priority, it should replace some of the JSRS sounds. Same with ACE_SM I guess. But Since ACE SM is a much bigger soundmod changing more sounds than SOS, it should still give some problems.

All I can say is, use what ever soundmod you like, but I dont support you nor I can help you with your problems when you come with issues while using multiple soundmods ;)

I have already JSRS to taking care of, should be enough, hehe.

lj2i.png

One soundmod is indeed enough to handle. Are you making some progress? Its about time you torture eehm I mean tease us with a new video

One soundmod is indeed enough to handle. Are you making some progress? Its about time you torture eehm I mean tease us with a new video

The debut trailer is on its way... and after the trailer I will try to show some new effects, the distance tail sounds, gear depending gear-sounds (if we succeed with the script) , and some optional sounds you can activate or not.

Lets say: You go through a forest in deep night and some of you my like it the way it is already: Quiet, not much things to hear than some wolfs, or owls or what ever.

But some may like some more creepy sounds... like breaking branches, moving things in the dark, wind blowing through the treetops and carriyng noise... like voices you cant understand, but it sounds like some... so you will think: Ok, I shouldnt run around here at night, wheres grandmothers house? ;)

Still alot of work to do. I dont wanna renounce some of the ideas and tweaks I had in mind just to rush to an ETA.

lj2i.png

Hi LJ

You still amaze me with your attention to detail and dedication. I'm now on my knees bowing in admiration. Okay I made the last bit up! ;)

[troll]

But some may like some more creepy sounds... like breaking branches, moving things in the dark, wind blowing through the treetops and carriyng noise... like voices you cant understand, but it sounds like some... so you will think: Ok, I shouldnt run around here at night, wheres grandmothers house?

ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a dayZ soudnmod ....... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[/troll]

:cool:

Now I imagine playing SaOks Black Forest Mission with the new sounds.

Just don't make the sounds play too often or they won't be scary anymore!

Yah,

he wants to "fix" some sounds of my mod somehow... If you give it a higher priority, it should replace some of the JSRS sounds. Same with ACE_SM I guess. But Since ACE SM is a much bigger soundmod changing more sounds than SOS, it should still give some problems.

OK LJ, I just thought maybe it was some sort of compilation work you both did together or something.

Could I suggest something for the future future, after the "creepy sounds" work?

Maybe more human sounds like AI Shouts and Voices? I have no idea what kind of work is needed for this so it's only a suggestion.

Thx!

I think it was a previous mod I was using that had falling tree sounds (logs) and also the crack and snap of twigs and branches / rustling of leaves and such in the distance at random placement and stages, that will be great ambience for forests, it did work really well for SF night missions.

RHS have very nice sound AK-74. Maybe in next update you will add this sound in option folder?:)

JSRS is very nice mod, thx for this...

Quick quesrion. If I use the JSRS Mod with the Rhs stuff, will I have JSRS sounds on the new AKs? Could someone check that please?

RHS have very nice sound AK-74. Maybe in next update you will add this sound in option folder?:)

JSRS does not use or include sounds from other soundmod's or projects. You could just disable JSRS's AK pbo (s) in theory, I guess? But past that, don't have your hopes up of seeing RHS's sounds included in JSRS.

JSRS does not use or include sounds from other soundmod's or projects. You could just disable JSRS's AK pbo (s) in theory, I guess? But past that, don't have your hopes up of seeing RHS's sounds included in JSRS.

Well, RHS has its own weapon and class sounds, so you would have to use the RHS weapons, only those have the RHS sounds, not the usual AK's in Arma.

But as Yokhanan said, I wont include sounds of other soundmods/AddOns into my work. Why you dont RHS instead of making a soundmod or a config for the usual AK's ingame? Let them do the job :D

lj2i.png

Not agree, they'r imo missing that blast effect, they sound washed.

dmoVpiFcl_k?hd=1

Working on a Intro for future JSRS videos... a couple of tweaks here and there and I'm good to go.

Thanks alot to John Finlay (Yokhanan), who created the Logo itself. Thanks bud, you did an awesome job!

Visit him on FB (only good looking single females age 21-30 with nice breasts may apply for FB friend status, please (fatties need not apply)) j/k :D

http://www.facebook.com/john.finlay.393?ref=ts

Thanks alot to Raven Design who make just AWESOME work. Keep those goods comin' guys!

Visit their website: http://www.ravenprodesign.com/

Hope you guys like the new Logo, will update the front page and other important sites like FB and YouTube.

lj2i.png Edited by LordJarhead

This mod is absolutely AMAZING. many thanks to Lord Jarhead for this genious invention.

though, i was wondering if i could persuade you to include an Operation Northstar patch for the JSRS mod, meaning the Canadian weapons(C7A1, C7A2,C8, C6, C9 etc.) get in on the wicked sounds that you have brought forth. I, as well as many others would more than likely be extremely delighted to see this happen.

thanks for reading!

Was forced to disable JSRS sounds to join some public servers whose numpty admins have banned all mods (derp) - OMG I had forgotten how awful the vanilla sounds are compared to JSRS's masterpiece. I mean, really, the vanilla rifles sound like wet farts (AK74) or blocks of heavy, wet wood being banged limp-wristedly together. There's no depth or nuance to the atmosperhics either; somebody was shooting at me for almost a minute and I didn't even notice, as I'm used to 'feeling' the rounds whipping by in JSRS....makes me wonder why sound design has been so overlooked in the series thus far?

...to cut a long story short, JSRS mod is INDISPENSABLE to the ArmA experience: pleeeeaaaase BIS for the sake of all that is decent hire Lord_J for Arma3!!!!

Thanks a lot for the nice words mates ;)

f0CaPm2wvG0?hd=1

New Environment sounds for JSRS. Also I added a short part of these creep sounds for forest-nights :D

Enjoy ;)

lj2i.png

---------- Post added at 12:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

Small typo there - it is Finlay and not Finley :p

great work Dennis and John ;)

........ shame on me man...... :D Changed it of course, thanks for the note bud ;)

I have given this mod a try a few times over the years and various other sound mods and was always disappointed by the lack of sound direction. E.g. in the vanilla game if someone shoots on your right, you hear the sound at increased volume through your right speaker / earphone. With many sound mods you seem to be enveloped in the sound and it spoils the simulation for me as you can't tell what is going on. Has this situation changed?