What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Okay, at first:

Great soundmod!

But secondly:

Somehow the mod does not properly works.

I hear the environmental sounds and some off the weapons sounds, but not all.

Then again, when i use a weapon by myself, I hear the vanilla sound but not the JSRS sound, which is a bit odd when somebody right next to me firing the same weapon but with a different sound...

My commandline is as follow - created via Arma2 Launcher by Spirited Machine:

"-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_ru;@acex_sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;baf;pmc;@jayarma2lib;@sthud;@fallujah;@smk;@jsrs1.4;@lea;@jsrs_ace" "-name=" -nosplash -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -skipIntro

I know that this is an extrem mess, but somehow I cant get all of this running when writing the commandline by myself.....

Thanks in advande for the help.

"-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_ru;@acex _sm;@acex_usnavy;@acre;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;baf;pm c;@jayarma2lib;@sthud;@fallujah;@smk;@jsrs1.4;@lea ;@jsrs_ace" "-name=" -nosplash -world=empty -maxMem=2047 -cpuCount=4 -skipIntro

I would have it like this:

"-mod=D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\arma 2;Expansion;ca;@cba;@cba_a2;@cba_oa;@jsrs1.4;@jsrs_ace@ace;@acex;@acex_pla;@acex_ru;@acex _sm;@acex_usnavy; ....................... etc

In red is ACE soundmod, you have it with a space before the hyphen so that probably wont work you need to delete the space. @acex _sm; = @acex_sm;

I dont use ACE sounds with JSRS myself so cant speak for that combination. BTW check my sig ref loading order of mods & addons (mods & addons help thread).

Edited by mrcash2009

Again: Dont combine soundmods and expect things to work probably. Two mods of the same material will always try to "fight" with the other one. It will cause more trouble than worth the result, trust me....

lj2i.png

Edited by LordJarhead

Hey,

thanks for the answer.

Porblem was that I didn't know that @acex_sm is actually the ACE soundmod.

Trying to get that fixed, thanks!

Yes, remove it if you didnt know or care for it, just have JSRS and no ace_sm .. see how you go.

Perfectly working now.

Awesome sounds and way better then vanilla.

Adds just the last touch of emotional playing I needed. Thanks.

Perfectly working now.

Awesome sounds and way better then vanilla.

Adds just the last touch of emotional playing I needed. Thanks.

You're welcome bud, thanks for the comment ;)

lj2i.png

Edited by LordJarhead

I don't know if you heard it, LJ

But Rocket mentioned your Mod in his last live interview by FPSGuru.

He said its a really awesome Mod, and people should try it out ;D

He came to this, after i and someone else "spamed" the chat with the question, if DayZ will be compatible with other Mod, like JSRS.

So keep it coming, you are awesome ^^

I don't know if you heard it, LJ

But Rocket mentioned your Mod in his last live interview by FPSGuru.

He said its a really awesome Mod, and people should try it out ;D

He came to this, after i and someone else "spamed" the chat with the question, if DayZ will be compatible with other Mod, like JSRS.

So keep it coming, you are awesome ^^

Hey,

wow, I can say what an honor. I know its really nice to know that my work is noticed even by those top-notch modders and developers. But also the feedback of the users of JSRS and just normal Arma players is really important to me. Maybe even more than top-notch feedback, since I work with you guys... ;)

I thank you guys, you brought me so far for sure ;)

Thanks B1n4ry!

lj2i.png

Edited by LordJarhead

I found a bug. I can not write the URL. So please search on youtube.

J.S.R.S. 1.4.3 Sound effect bug

and click this movie

J.S.R.S. 1.4.3 Sound effect bug -VERY LARGE SOUND-

I found a bug. I can not write the URL. So please search on youtube.

J.S.R.S. 1.4.3 Sound effect bug

this one

Edited by furomeshineru

Ah... wow.

First: Whats the problem to just copien the url link into the forum here?

Second: Whats wrong with your screen while playing or recording, why is it shakin that sick? ^^

Third: Does anyone else have this problem? Never heard of that before or even experienced it my self...

lj2i.png

Edited by LordJarhead

Ah... wow.

Second: Whats wrong with your screen while playing or recording, why is it shakin that sick? ^^

Just threw up all over my lap watching that! :(

i think its an problem with the ACE mines. For One Mine Explosion you got over 10 little explosions.

Like with the helicopter crashes. They also added several explosions to the crash, dont know why. This is alos causing alot of volume while crashing helios.

lj2i.png

Ah... wow.

First: Whats the problem to just copien the url link into the forum here?

Third: Does anyone else have this problem? Never heard of that before or even experienced it my self...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2905/lj2i.png

First:URL can not be written first time. i think it is Anti-spam.

Second:I dont know why it has happened. sorry i will be Repost.

Third:Yes im using JSRS with ACE (latest version)

Hope that you don't consider to turn SF into magic Ninjas who are moving/hovering over ground without making a noise even on gravel or foliage.

While editing the sounds I was also thinking about that again. As I was playing some short gameplays with the new gearsounds it seems like the SF is still as audible as other classes. But they seems to be a bit less.... well, lets say colorfull. Not much details on them. So I thought about something like adding the noises of carabineer and such stuff SF soldiers would use for roping down or so. Just to give the class some more details to it. Also will upload a video soon to show some of the new sounds.

lj2i.png

Edited by LordJarhead
details lol

Hi LJ, is there anywhere i can re download just the optional sounds you included in your latest version? I lost them by accident when i updated with six updater.

Thanks

there are addon dependency issues with this mod when mission editing and saving missions it adds to the mission and players without JSRS can't play the mission

Hi LJ, is there anywhere i can re download just the optional sounds you included in your latest version? I lost them by accident when i updated with six updater.

Thanks

I will upload them for you, look in the download section in some hours matey.

there are addon dependency issues with this mod when mission editing and saving missions it adds to the mission and players without JSRS can't play the mission

Just disable every mod/addon you dont want to get as a required mod when you edit or create your missions. Also we have some kind of this problem in multiplayer saying you need JSRS_M134 to play or edit this mission. You can just ignore this message, but still its kinda anoying I guess. Will need to look into this, its might be because of some deeper config changes though.

lj2i.png

I agree, when creating missions (unless ACE) then its worth launching Vanilla to edit and save missions. Also if you check the mission.sqm file the first lines of the header list the dependency in quotes, simply find the JSRS reference and remove that line and save the mission file.

Thanks

I have them from Six and they're in the @JSRS\optional folder.

I have them from Six and they're in the @JSRS\optional folder.

Will take a look now, thanks.

Oh Ok, i assumed that the files in the optional folder were the old ones i had moved myself.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Edited by WalrusNZ
Overcoming stupidity

Hi LJ

Just wondering if JSRS does anything for the Helo countermeasures sound (AH-64 is what I've mostly tested with but it might be common to all attack helos) as it sounds rather strange at the moment, like popcorn popping in a tin!

I use other mods, such as Aircraft_HUD, so it's possible one of those is causing this sound or it might be vanilla if JSRS doesn't change it.