What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

I have a good and a bad news.

The good one, JSRS is growing... we all know and saw this in the videos and because of my stupid statements sometimes^^

The "really" bad news is..... JSRS is already bigger than 1.75GB in the latest version I use now... which brings me in a critical position. I have to think about splitting the downloads into pieces. Someone already suggested several Packs, like Weapons, Vehicles, Environment and so on. Problem ist: Environment and Weapons are working together, so you would need both anyways which makes a splitoff kinda pointless. But I can still plit the mod up for those of you, who dont can download a 2gb mod at once, because of... what ever, slow internet or time problems.

I will go for three or four packs. Environment will be around 600MB, contains Soniccracks, Explosions, Bullethits, Environment and the movement. The Vehicles will be around 1GB, the weapons around 190MB. but those are all unpacked. So they will be alot smaller in RAR size for sure ;)

LJ

That's not really a problem these days LJH. I'll be getting them all :)

With SixUpdater, what's the difference? ACE makes us download three stupid CBA mods these days.

No problem LJH like Kremator says we want them all no big deal.

That's not really a problem these days LJH. I'll be getting them all :)

Yeah totally agree, cant wait :)

Very kind of you.

No problem for me and thanks in advance.

Thanks guys.

I will see how big it will be after I packed it. As mentioned, it is still growing, most wheeled vehicles are not made yet.

LJ

With SixUpdater, what's the difference? ACE makes us download three stupid CBA mods these days.

the difference is that CBA is ,all included, < 1 MB, so it's an all different matter. And I would definitely not call CBA "stupid" as it allows many great addons to work.

The Sound Mod crashes Often without CBA. I only play Capture the Island. The WASP server doesnt allow CBA , so the Mod crashes frequently. Can anything be done about this , or can some one recommend me a sound mod that doesnt require CBA that still works? Thanks.

JSRS requires CBA for all it's loveliness. If your server admins are too stingy to allow something great like JSRS then dump the server !

Jarhead, thanks again for the great work. I wanna report a bug though - when using JSRS with CBA (all through Six), and starting a MP COOP mission like COOP 6 (GENERIC TOWN) with ACR units, the mission never loads, it's just stuck on the black loading screen for a long time until I shut down Arma alt-F4. RPT shows this error:

Addon jsrs_distance (entry glock17_EP1) not found in the list of active addons.
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
jsrs_distance

Strangely, when I put ACR units in the editor in SP and fire the Glock, I get no such error. Issue with JSRS or perhaps CBA or even a bugged mission?

tl;dr repro steps:

[A2OA 1.61.93616beta, CBA,CBA_A2,CBA_OA (cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6), JSRS 1.4.3]

1) Start MP, local server on LAN

2) Select Takistan / New Mission Wizard

3) Select COOP 6 (Generic Town) mission

4) In the Wizard, select Units then ACR

5) Play - never loads.

Full RPT here:

=====================================================================
== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@NULL;@JSRS;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA -nosplash
Exe timestamp: 2012/06/09 12:34:44
Current time:  2012/06/09 14:37:25

Version 1.60.93616
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/
[74,17.776,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.179. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=Desert_E, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[74,18.445,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[1039,27.294,0.049,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[1039,27.369,0.049,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]
[1039,27.382,0.049,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType="", _playerGroup=<NULL-group>"]
File ca\missions_e\MPTemplates\MPTE_Town_Coop\description.ext, line 39: '/MPT_MissionsCoop/regroup.condition': Missing ';' prior '}'
File ca\missions_e\MPTemplates\MPTE_Town_Coop\description.ext, line 42: '/MPT_MissionsCoop/nooneleft.condition': Missing ';' prior '}'
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
File ca\missions_e\MPTemplates\MPTE_Town_Coop\description.ext, line 39: '/MPT_MissionsCoop/regroup.condition': Missing ';' prior '}'
File ca\missions_e\MPTemplates\MPTE_Town_Coop\description.ext, line 42: '/MPT_MissionsCoop/nooneleft.condition': Missing ';' prior '}'
ca\missions\MPScenarios\MP_Deathmatch.chernarus: string @str_mpdeathmatch_subname cannot be localized client-side - move to global stringtable
Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.
jsrs_distance
[8190,74.194,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.179. MISSINIT: missionName=MPTE_Town_Coop, worldName=Takistan, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[8190,74.822,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[8204,75.983,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[8204,75.995,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]
[8204,76.009,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:4, group=L 1-1-A, player=ap_w_0, _playerType="CZ_Special_Forces_TL_DES_EP1", _playerGroup=R 1-1-A"]

I encountered that several times when 'jsrs distance' is listed as a required mod in the mission.sqm file.(which often happened for me, after i previewed a mission) You can just open it up with a text editor, delete that line and repack the pbo. That is, if you feel comfortable enough to do all that.

Weird that it happens on your local server, even though you obviously seem to have JSRS. We only had this problem when running a mission on a server that did NOT have jsrs on it.

The Sound Mod crashes Often without CBA. I only play Capture the Island. The WASP server doesnt allow CBA , so the Mod crashes frequently. Can anything be done about this , or can some one recommend me a sound mod that doesnt require CBA that still works? Thanks.

CBA is needed for JSRS. There is not such a "work around" for this. You just have to disable JSRS on that server.

Jarhead, thanks again for the great work. I wanna report a bug though - when using JSRS with CBA (all through Six), and starting a MP COOP mission like COOP 6 (GENERIC TOWN) with ACR units, the mission never loads, it's just stuck on the black loading screen for a long time until I shut down Arma alt-F4. RPT shows this error:

jsrs_distance

Strangely, when I put ACR units in the editor in SP and fire the Glock, I get no such error. Issue with JSRS or perhaps CBA or even a bugged mission?

tl;dr repro steps:

[A2OA 1.61.93616beta, CBA,CBA_A2,CBA_OA (cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6), JSRS 1.4.3]

1) Start MP, local server on LAN

2) Select Takistan / New Mission Wizard

3) Select COOP 6 (Generic Town) mission

4) In the Wizard, select Units then ACR

5) Play - never loads.

Full RPT here:

== C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe
== "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@NULL;@JSRS;@CBA;@CBA_A2;@CBA_OA -nosplash
Exe timestamp: 2012/06/09 12:34:44
Current time:  2012/06/09 14:37:25

Version 1.60.93616
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Takistan/EnvSounds/
Updating base class EnvSounds->CfgEnvSounds, by jsrs_environment_c\config.cpp/CfgWorlds/Zargabad/EnvSounds/
[74,17.776,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.179. MISSINIT: missionName=intro, worldName=Desert_E, isMultiplayer=false, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[74,18.445,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[1039,27.294,0.049,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[1039,27.369,0.049,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]
[1039,27.382,0.049,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=true, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=1, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:1, group=L 1-1-A, player=<NULL-object>, _playerType="", _playerGroup=<NULL-group>"]
jsrs_distance
[8190,74.194,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v1.0.0.179. MISSINIT: missionName=MPTE_Town_Coop, worldName=Takistan, isMultiplayer=true, isServer=true, isDedicated=false"]
[8190,74.822,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished. CACHE DISABLED? (Disable caching with cba_disable_cache.pbo): SLX_XEH_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_COMPILE_RECOMPILE=false, CBA_FUNC_RECOMPILE=false"]
[8204,75.983,0,"XEH: PostInit Started"]
[8204,75.995,0,"CBA_VERSIONING: cba=1.0.0.182, cba_a2=1.0.0.8, cba_oa=1.0.0.6, "]
[8204,76.009,0,"XEH: PostInit Finished. State: _isClient=true, _isJip=false, _isDedClient=false, _isServer=true, _isDedServer=false, _playerCheckDone=true, _sp=false, _startInitDone=true, _postInitDone=true, _mpRespawn=false, _machineType=1, _sessionId=2, _level=0, _timeOut=false, _game=1, BIS_functions=L 1-1-A:4, group=L 1-1-A, player=ap_w_0, _playerType="CZ_Special_Forces_TL_DES_EP1", _playerGroup=R 1-1-A"]

You run as A2CO? Well, I dont think thats the causing effect. Well, not sure what the game mean with this error, since when you start Arma CO or even OA alone, you have the Glock17_ep1 no matter what. Is this error only in this specific mission or in others as well?

LJ

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

I encountered that several times when 'jsrs distance' is listed as a required mod in the mission.sqm file.(which often happened for me, after i previewed a mission) You can just open it up with a text editor, delete that line and repack the pbo. That is, if you feel comfortable enough to do all that.

Weird that it happens on your local server, even though you obviously seem to have JSRS. We only had this problem when running a mission on a server that did NOT have jsrs on it.

Yah, might be a work around, but this is not good, not at all. JSRS should not cause such errors, I will have to check the script and maybe ask Robalo about that. This have to be fixed. JSRS should be clientside and as a sound mod, there should be no way that this mod insert itself as a required mod in the sqm...

the difference is that CBA is ,all included, < 1 MB, so it's an all different matter. And I would definitely not call CBA "stupid" as it allows many great addons to work.

CBA is great. Needing three of them that malfunction unless you launch with SixUpdater (a good download service, but I'd rather have a route kanal than use it as a game launcher) is stupid.

I've not seen them malfunction maturin. I don't run through SU and have never had any problem with the three of them. You using a modlauncher I hope.

Yeah, the game registers an old version of CBA_A2 whenever I run it with a modlauncher besides Six. Which in turn breaks ACRE.

Yah, might be a work around, but this is not good, not at all. JSRS should not cause such errors, I will have to check the script and maybe ask Robalo about that. This have to be fixed. JSRS should be clientside and as a sound mod, there should be no way that this mod insert itself as a required mod in the sqm...

I get this problem as well. I have to open the mission.sqm and remove the jsrs or I have to make my missions without JSRS running.

Im aslo getting a problem with ACE claymores and mines. They give me a very loud distorted explosion. Its so bad I have to take my headset off. Is this because I am not running ACE SM with JSRS?

Edited by mia389

guys do i still need to run @ACE_SM if I'm running @JSRS_ACE?

No, if you run JSRS, dont use ACE_SM the same time. You have to decide between those two. The JSRS_ACE update is just to cover some of the ACE weapons.

Some of the loud explosions are maybe caused by some ACE entries I have no Idea about. I mean, I have this with helicopters, when they crash the explosion sound is extreme loud all the time. This is because (I think) ACE added several explosions to the crash the same time. I saw this as a helicopter was crashing into a crane. There where almost 4 explosions all the way down to the ground. So when a heli is crashing into the ground just like that, all 4 explosions will be played the same time and this is causing some extreme volumes...

LJ

Hi, friends!

I ran JSRS mod in my Arma2 CO.

Now all of modules don't work...

Then i deleted mod and tried to run a game, but trouble remained... :(

What's the problem?

JSRS and ACE_SM together don't cause crashes or anything. They work together quite well if there is no overlap, and you don't try and use ACE sounds for weapons that use Jarhead's distance script.

I seem to be having a problem...currently I'm running JSRS with CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE RU, & ACE US Navy. When I go to play as the Russians, the AK-74M still has vanilla sounds. It seems that no matter which AK-74M variant I choose, the vanilla sound still remains. If I use any other Russian weapon (AK-103, AK-74P, etc...) the sounds are completely fine. I read through the thread and it seems like a few other people may be having a similiar problem. I got on sixupdater and made sure ACE & CBA were all updated and currently were the most recent versions I could get, but the problem still remains. Anyone have any ideas?

I seem to be having a problem...currently I'm running JSRS with CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACE RU, & ACE US Navy. When I go to play as the Russians, the AK-74M still has vanilla sounds. It seems that no matter which AK-74M variant I choose, the vanilla sound still remains. If I use any other Russian weapon (AK-103, AK-74P, etc...) the sounds are completely fine. I read through the thread and it seems like a few other people may be having a similiar problem. I got on sixupdater and made sure ACE & CBA were all updated and currently were the most recent versions I could get, but the problem still remains. Anyone have any ideas?

This is not a problem of ACE or even CBA, its JSRS itself. I cant figure that out, since my AK74M versions are working just fine. But you are right, there are a lot of people who have the same problem. Maybe the recent JSRS version you can download have an error or wrong entry, or the weapon is just not adressed. But I'm pretty sure the AK74M are based on a normal AK, which then should cause the JSRS sound.

ATM I cant help you or anyone with these problems. Had a hard and inconvenient month behind me (June) and another one is following :S I'm not sure when I will find the time to get back to work on this mod. So maybe this problem can be fixed with 1.5 though.

Thanks,

LJ

Sorry to hear about your hardship, LordJarhead. Thanks for all the hard work on JSRS! I can't even play CO without it now. :cool: