What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

This mod is, like, totally radical! Cool beeeaaannnssss :D

No really, love it! Nary a sound that doesn´t feel good to me. The only one I find odd is the grenadelauncher thump. Otherwise, this is a massive, massive improvement over Arma 2s default sounds.

Thanks a lot for your hard work :)

@Jarhead ...

I am unsure if you have ever thought about this part of the game and its minor, but can be irritating ..

- If you can find the config, would you ever consider adapting walking sound (which seems to be just one generic footstep sound) to all civilians? I am on a mission with Ambient civvies, and the clumpy clip clop footsteps (they project quite loud at distance) would be nice to have a replacement if its just some softer ground footstep audio from them. They still seem vanilla so I assume yours doesnt touch that at the moment.

- I still find the door shut/close audio of vehicles loud and projects quite far over the map (a bit of a give away when boarding vehicle fairly far away), now im unsure if this is actually engine bug to report, or a sound mod config setting, can anyone else confirm?

And really cosmetic, I dont know if you mod has done this already or its just general ambience, but animals IE dogs, chickens, livestock, have you ever found the config to change them to something a little more interesting? If you have then I may have missed it so ignore this part (really would be not that important in the grand scheme of things).

Edited by mrcash2009

@Jarhead ...

I am unsure if you have ever thought about this part of the game and its minor, but can be irritating ..

- If you can find the config, would you ever consider adapting walking sound (which seems to be just one generic footstep sound) to all civilians? I am on a mission with Ambient civvies, and the clumpy clip clop footsteps (they project quite loud at distance) would be nice to have a replacement if its just some softer ground footstep audio from them. They still seem vanilla so I assume yours doesnt touch that at the moment.

- I still find the door shut/close audio of vehicles loud and projects quite far over the map (a bit of a give away when boarding vehicle fairly far away), now im unsure if this is actually engine bug to report, or a sound mod config setting, can anyone else confirm?

And really cosmetic, I dont know if you mod has done this already or its just general ambience, but animals IE dogs, chickens, livestock, have you ever found the config to change them to something a little more interesting? If you have then I may have missed it so ignore this part (really would be not that important in the grand scheme of things).

Can you maybe tell what civilians specifically? Takistan, Chernaruss? Are they maybe added with another mod? Because on my side my Civils have my footsteps for sure, but I will change those generic footsteps you talking for sure when I can reproduce them

Yah those Door shut/close sounds are just adressed in configs and there they are given with certain sound range. So this range is objectively far to high. I will make an extra door.pbo and door_c.pbo or something like this and try to cover all door shuts of all vehicles to get tweak/fix this.

I have covered some animal sounds but they are getting played randomly over the whole map. I can try to give each animal theire own sounds when I have some time mate. Not sure if this will change/bring a lot of immersion since mostly you not walk up to animals to "listen to them" I guess :D

LJ

thought i might suggest this for missile sounds :) mainly when you're under them, around 50 seconds

Hi Jarhead, its all civvies, I dont know the config but it "seems" to be that hey have just a generic 1 clunky foot sound. Reasons this would be good to change is so its not so distinguishable from enemy for more confusion/caution, and also with missions where civvies may be armed you can tell them pretty easy from the foot sounds.

Animals, yeh, its a bit OTT to spend time on all of them I suppose, just a last thought.

That video has a really great source for javlin, although I noticed they had an error in the config, javlin missile explosion triggers gun fire sounds, they need to edit the configs and find out the conflict ;)

Incoming round here is very juicy:

Also some nice bullet cracks too.

Edited by mrcash2009

That video has a really great source for javlin, although I noticed they had an error in the config, javlin missile explosion triggers gun fire sounds, they need to edit the configs and find out the conflict ;)

reposting the video i just did? stealing thunder are we? :p j/k

i dont get what you mean the javelin triggers gun fire sounds. are you talking about the video or the mod? in the video, its the support coy. firing on "dismounted infantry".

Hi Jarhead, its all civvies, I dont know the config but it "seems" to be that hey have just a generic 1 clunky foot sound. Reasons this would be good to change is so its not so distinguishable from enemy for more confusion/caution, and also with missions where civvies may be armed you can tell them pretty easy from the foot sounds.

Animals, yeh, its a bit OTT to spend time on all of them I suppose, just a last thought.

Incoming round here is very juicy:

Also some nice bullet cracks too.

Ok, my civs have theire footsteps, just fine on my side. Dont know whats wrong with your Installment or even the game or what AddOns you use, but all characters in my game have my footsteps!

Yah I saw this video, thanks to slatts :D The Bulletcracks are the most interesting thing to me.

LJ

Update:

I uploaded some of the ACE weapons today. Those are not final (still, I know) and will be changed for 1.5 again. Some of the sounds are placeholder. But its better then nothing atm.

So some of the ACE weapons still dont work, like some of the pistols. Covered weapons are:

All HK416, All HK417, M27/RCO, OC14's, M72Launcher, Pistols, UMP45/SD, SKS, All G3 and the Tac50/SD.

Aware: Those are not made to fit into the distancescript right now, will update later. You will need ACE+ACEX, but I guess you know that^^

Here are the links:

JSRS File Server

+

Multiupload

I will update them soon with 1.5, so also the signatures getting changed again. Well, its something for you! So the long wait is a little more bearable. ;)

Have fun and report any errors please.

Oh, btw: I know about the updating base classes concerning these ACE weapons. I dont had much time to fix this right now, but I will look into this soonish.

Thanks and have fun!

LJ

Maybe some of the Config guys of you have an idea how to do this:

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30269

Cant get it to work. I can define the sound[] for the m119, but not for the modes single and burst. And not defining single and burst will cause no effect at all.

Any ideas?

LJ

This might have something to do with it. Your classes are muddled up.

You have:

class M119 : CannonCore

Should be:

class M119 : StaticCannon

Reference: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/M119/config?version=58

Don't forget to change the class inheritance to match the change too. :)

Edited by Hellfire257

Hi

I use

class M119 : CannonCore {

modes[] = {"manual","close"};

class manual : CannonCore {

};

class close : manual {

};

};

Good luck

This might have something to do with it. Your classes are muddled up.

You have:

class M119 : CannonCore

Should be:

class M119 : StaticCannon

Reference: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_vehicles/M119/config?version=58

Don't forget to change the class inheritance to match the change too. :)

Ah ok, I was looking for this config: http://browser.six-projects.net/cfg_weapons/M119/config?version=58

So I will change it to CFG_Vehicles and use StaticCannon, best of thanks mate. Will try this.

LJ

I can't guarantee it will work but it's worth trying. :)

If that doesn't work try it like this (back to CfgWeapons):

reloadSound[] = {};
	sound[] = {};

class Single1 : Mode_SemiAuto {
		sound[] = {};
	};

class Single2 : Single1 {};

class Single3 : Single1 {};

class Burst1 : Mode_Burst {
		sound[] = {};
	};

class Burst2 : Burst1 {};

class Burst3 : Burst1 {};
};

That's gotten me confused too lol. Is it a weapon or a vehicle? :confused:

Edited by Hellfire257

Hi

I use

modes[] = {"manual","close"};

class manual : CannonCore {

};

class close : manual {

};

};

Good luck

Using this will cause, that the M119 have no near,mid and far modes anymore which makes the artillary computer useless and makes JSRS to a requirement when editing any missions. This is not working at all, sry.

Tried it now with this:

class CfgVehicles

{

class StaticCannon;

class M119: StaticCannon

{

sound[] = {"\JSRS_M119\M119_s1",25,1,500};

};

};

wont work either. Now trying this:

class CfgVehicles

{

class StaticCannon;

class M119: StaticCannon

{

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M119/M119_s1",2,1,500};

begin2[] = {"\JSRS_M119/M119_s2",2,1,500};

begin3[] = {"\JSRS_M119/M119_s3",2,1,500};

begin4[] = {"\JSRS_M119/M119_s4",2,1,500};

soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};

};

};

But I think this wont work as well. Then I will try your latest, Hellfire. Brb...

LJ

I can't guarantee it will work but it's worth trying. :)

If that doesn't work try it like this (back to CfgWeapons):

reloadSound[] = {};
	sound[] = {};

class Single1 : Mode_SemiAuto {
		sound[] = {};
	};

class Single2 : Single1 {};

class Single3 : Single1 {};

class Burst1 : Mode_Burst {
		sound[] = {};
	};

class Burst2 : Burst1 {};

class Burst3 : Burst1 {};
};

That's gotten me confused too lol. Is it a weapon or a vehicle? :confused:

Hehe, yah.

Well, that did it ;) Works just wonderfull. Now is the question if I can replace sound[] with the soundbegins[]...

Will try this. Thank you guys for your help ;)

LJ

EDIT: Well, its not working with SoundBegin[] so I have to use only 1 sound per gun, which is kinda sad, already made 4^^ But I will use these for different weapons as well. Like the D10 and D30.

Edited by LordJarhead

---------- Post added at 21:38 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

[/color]UPDATE:

Here is a reuploaded version of the ACE weapons from last week. Those are now fixed and all RPT's are gone now, much thanks to Robalo who locked over the configs and fixed some messed up class inharitations.

Here are the links:

JSRS FileServer

MultiUpload, New Link!!!!

Dont use the old Multiupload link, those files are outdated and cause much trouble. Also you have to delete all earlier installed JSRS ACE PBO's to keep this RPT free.

Changelog 1.0 + HotFix by Robalo

• Feature: Includes all earlier released ACE sounds

• Fixed: All configs / inheritations

REWORKED PBO FILES

JSRS G3/_c

JSRS HK416/_c

JSRS HK417/_c

JSRS M72A2/_c

JSRS OC14/_c

JSRS Pistols/_c

JSRS SKS/_c

JSRS TAC50/_c

JSRS TAC50SD/_c

JSRS_UMP45/_c

If there still might be one or two or even more RPT's, just let me know please ;)

Thanks and have fun!

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Thanks LJ and Robalo.

I'll test it in a few minutes ;D

Can we play with it on Dedi servers if he dont have this files?

Can we play with it on Dedi servers if he dont have this files?

Yah, the Key is the same and the signatures are based on that key. Those sounds run only client side and should work fine whereever JSRS is alowed to play with.

LJ

Having quite a bit of trouble downloading from that mirror there, LJH. Any chance of an alternate mirror?