What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Thanks JarHead, i will reinstall JSRS here and see if i get it fixed.

EDIT: Not working

Edited by Selva

Thanks JarHead, i will reinstall JSRS here and see if i get it fixed.

EDIT: No sucess, my f* AK74M still having the vanilla "sounds" i'm almost eating my keyboard.:rage:

What AK74M do you use exactly. I mean I have alot of them, all kinds of Optics with ACEX and ACERU I guess. Is this for all AK74M no matter what optic they have? You ACE(X) is up to date?

LJ

No, just 74M models, including GP-25,optics, and etc... all variants of AK74M where sounding like vanilla, the others (47,AKM,74,103,105,107) were 100% fine. Even the RPK74M is good, the problem is with the AK74M weapons.

I can only have a different sound of AK74M when i put JSRS + ACESM, giving the highest priority of all addons to JSRS., besides that, it goes vanilla for AK74M and variants.

I use ACEX AK74M

ARMA CO1.60

ACE

ACEX

ACE_SM

ACEXRU

ACEXUS

JSRS 1.4

Edited by Selva

Oh, maybe thats the point. So you running ACESM? You cant run JSRS with ACESM. Two soundmods at the same time will corze strange errors. Or did you just used it for testing?

LJ

I don't think so because when i use JSRS i dont even use ACESM, so i don't think it will load that .pbo.

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Oh, maybe thats the point. So you running ACESM? You cant run JSRS with ACESM. Two soundmods at the same time will corze strange errors. Or did you just used it for testing?

LJ

Just for testing... strangelly the sounds get mixed i think but JSRS + ACESM get the AK74M a less annoying sound, while with JSRS i get vanilla sounds for AK74M.

I will check with all my friends but most of them don't stop playing for a sec to help me and them with this problem.

Hey Jarhead, your sound mod is fecking awesome man, by far the best available. Hows progress on 1.5 ?

Thanks man.

Yah progress is going slowyl but surely. I dont had much time the last weeks and wont have much the next few weeks, but JSRS already made a huge jump from 1.4 to my recent 1.5 version.

LJ

Will the issues with missing CBA/newest CBA version be fixed in the next version?

I dont see CBA listed anywhere as prerequisite, but without it (or with the newest version from sixupdater) the normally awesome distant sounds cant be heard properly (it even says in an error message that "JSRS_Distance" is not working because of missing "Extended_EventHandlers").

Edited by Muscular Beaver

Will the issues with missing CBA/newest CBA version be fixed in the next version?

I dont see CBA listed anywhere as prerequisite, but without it (or with the newest version from sixupdater) the normally awesome distant sounds cant be heard properly (it even says in an error message that "JSRS_Distance" is not working because of missing "Extended_EventHandlers").

You ever read the ReadMe? CBA is one of the required things you need to run with JSRS, its listed there!

LJ

You ever read the ReadMe? CBA is one of the required things you need to run with JSRS, its listed there!

LJ

But why doesnt it work with the newer versions from devheaven and sixupdater then? There has been a thread about that on devheaven but got ignored in the end?

Its working on my side and I dont ignore anything...

If you mean this ticket: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/30599 we have already discussed that. Look at the comments below.

The newer version of CBA is splitted into three Version. CBA A2, CBA OA and CBA CO. Not sure what version do you use.

As Xeno said: Splitting CBA up into different components for all different available RV engine driven BIS games has nothing to do with it, otherwise mods like ACE, etc, which make much use of XEH would not work anymore. And that's not the case.

Afair Class All is used in JSRS for the fired XEH. Class All is the same in all CBA components, A2 and OA, thus the loading order doesn't matter.

Try to combine all three version. I put all of the CBA stuff in one folder and its working just fine on my end. So on others, or MOST others I say.

LJ

Ok, I will check the AK-74M packs. Stand by.

EDIT: Well, I have sounds on the AK74M weapon. Also the AI is shooting with these sounds. Might be a new fireing mode ACE added like maturin said. Will have to look in the sixconfigbrowser and maybe I get this to work.

LJ

Last ACE hotfix from about a week or so addressed some of the firemodes/SM compatibility and even had some JSRS-related workarounds for the AK-74. The extra defined firemodes are made in such a way so they inherit from another fire mode of the same weapon, thus inheriting the correct sound config regardless of which SM is used.

Bottom line, if anyone is still having issues with ACE and JSRS, make sure you're fully up to date.

Hey Jarhead, can I have your very first sound pack... the War10Mod??? I remember the first release was really good, I still like it a lot... I am refering to the videos of Update1 and Update2 WAR10Mod.

All these data were on my old hard drive that was broken. There was nothing left of this work. Sry

LJ

All these data were on my old hard drive that was broken. There was nothing left of this work. Sry

LJ

:pet5:

thats ok man, you do a great job on everything :)

Keep up the good work!

LJ

I have backups of all files ever released here, on Armaholic and many other places, so if you know the filenames of these I can check my archives to see if I have those.

Or, I can just give you all files I have from you so you can check them and sort them yourself.

If you want that of course ;)

Thanks man, good to know, but I never released War09mod or even War10mod. My first public mod ever was JSRS and I build JSRS on the old WarXXmod's.

LJ

Watched the BAF JSRS 1.5 preview it looks great so far. L85 sound is hugely improved :)

Hey JH, seems i have stumbled upon a bug that would come from JSRS:

Using ACE, whenever i use a HuntIR round, i hear what would be a grenade explosion, and i guess it's wrong. Has it been reported already?

Jarhead, can you add AK sounds proposed by me as optional?

Please!

Please!

No he can´t and he won´t, Stop asking.

Please!

By all means make your own sound mod. LJH has said that he won't as they are fine in his opinion. Request there is closed.

Thank you for making this great mod Jarhead!

The game is so immersive with this sound mod!

Especially when playing online. Actually hearing the rest having fire fights. Those fire fights sound so much better now. I can just sit still and listen to the great sounds.