What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Pd3, you could fund a jello mold and some ammo for me to shoot for the next time I record. I'd go straight to jarhead and provide me more stuff to shoot. :P

Im not a troll at all, jarhead if you have any problems with my transaction let me know. You're not a bitch i appreciate your efforts even though i may be picky about certain things. You've made something great here and dont think im buying you im investing in the future of something i believe to be of value. I modify modifications, if bis wants to prevent that they can. Although i may end up leaving arma in that case. Be that as it may, i think you have something worth maintaining.

I cant do much more than this right now, but i will be finished school in a few months and will be able to help you if you need it.

I know i'm disliked for my position on editing work, but that doesnt change the fact that i value your work even if my personal preferences differ.

I'm an asshole, okay, but i'm not a bad guy.

I'm an asshole, okay, but i'm not a bad guy.

Nah, just started off on the wrong foot is all. What's done is done. Time for all of us to get back on track and move forward and get back to enjoying LJ's work in ArmA. :)

... dont think im buying you im investing in the future of something i believe to be of value...

... and THATS the point of the donations. I'm not spending the money for food, beer or whatever, this money is for JSRS. Everyone can invest in this as he likes. And if you want to support JSRS and invest in this project, I dont have a problem with this transaction.

And noone here said you are a bad person nor something else. You maybe an asshole, but I cant say, because I dont know you.. so we just had a disagreement at some point, which is totally normal in a public forum like this. Thousands of different people come together here, there is always something to power the flames.

As Yokhanan, lets forget about that shit, lets get back on track and keep this project rolling. Corze thats something we ALL are interested in I guess.

And thank you so much for your support! Dont think I do not appreciate that! I do, its much appreciated... Thanks alot man!

LJ

Guys, is there an alternate download link to the KSVK fix? I tried the link in the download post but that keeps timing out. I don't have SU installed and I'd rather not re-download the entire patch 1 if I can get just this fix. Thx.

LordJarhead: thanks again for your mod, it pushed A2 to an entirely new level.

Edit: Boxter.dk & LordJarhead, thank you, got it.

Edited by xxbbcc

I can upload the fix to another sharing site, give me a sec.

LJ

Please check your PM's

Guys, is there an alternate download link to the KSVK fix?

Sorry LJ... but I've posted almost at the same time :)

Edited by Boxter.dk
Added note to LJ

The SVD should work fine since its named in the script. What was the problem again?

LJ

The SVD camo version had missing distance script sounds. It wasn't just silent, it would cause a script error to pop up on the screen, pausing the game until you clicked Okay.

Hello folks, JSRS mod is great but i'm finding an annoying thing.

Is there any fix for the BTR-70 and AK-74M sounds?! I've really tried to found configs and changed them, but no sucess.

Its wierd because, for example, the RPK-74M and variants(ACE) has the RPK-74(Vanilla) J.S.R.S sound, but the AK-74M(ACE) does not have the same sound as the AK-74 (Vanilla)J.S.R.S sounds.

Will be a fix?! next patch?! someone already made the changes and uploaded it somewhere?!

You should fiddle with your load order, because my Ak-74M and BTR-70 sounds work just fine.

Oh, thanks for answering dude, but all my friends are having the same problem, it happens either when i just put ace,acex,acexru + JSRS.

Anyone else?

I mean make sure that JSRS loads after ACE_X. Then his sounds should take precedence. I think you can do that with certain game launchers.

My SixUpdater cannot find the mod, in the GUI mode. It is not present in the drop-down menu, am I doing something wrong?

I am really interested in this mod, but so far the downloader has really badly resisted my attempts to download it. I haven´t used it in about a year so I´ve forgotten how to use it properly, so I would guess the error is with me. I have -zero- clue as to what I am doing wrong though. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Insta

Edit: The only mods available to me under J are @JTD and @JayArma2Lib

Edit 2: Uninstalling and reinstalling the Updater. Maybe that causes it to be blind.

Edit of the edit of the edit: I think I may have figured it out. If it downloads as expected, my question may be moot. In that case, sorry for cluttering up the thread, really looking forward to this mod.

Edited by InstaGoat

Hey Insta,

you might have a problem with the SU, since its working great on my side and I see most J-letter mods. Also JSRS is there. So I'm not sure what the problem.

@Selva There are some strange things when AI is using the "Burstmod" of AK's, and I know I hear the Arma2 sounds as well sometimes when they use AK74PSO or RPK or PKM (I guess). I will take a look and try to find out what entries I missing in my configs. Thanks for the information man.

LJ

I don't think you're missing configs, I think you need to write new configs to cover the artificial firemode ACE added to certain weapons. You could release it in a separate folder like you did with the HK416s.

I mean make sure that JSRS loads after ACE_X. Then his sounds should take precedence. I think you can do that with certain game launchers.

Yep! I've gave highest priority to JSRS 1.4.3, and still getting the vanilla or ACE different sounds for the AK-74M packs. Vanilla AK-74 sounds cool with JSRS, but the ACE AK-74M packs don't get the JSRS sound, which is sad because the vanilla sound breaks up any gameplay.

LordJarHead, you may wann check this out:https://dev-heaven.net/issues/23265 (About AI,vanilla sounds and the AK74)

Selva Im too, +1, tested...

I didn't understand bro, your AK-74M packs are having vanilla or crappy sounds too?!.

Anyway, just to be sure guys, Vanilla AK-74 and ACE AK-74M's SHOULD sound the SAME with JSRS, right?! It's just a problem of mine?! Is that correct?!.

Ok, I will check the AK-74M packs. Stand by.

EDIT: Well, I have sounds on the AK74M weapon. Also the AI is shooting with these sounds. Might be a new fireing mode ACE added like maturin said. Will have to look in the sixconfigbrowser and maybe I get this to work.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

@LJ is it possible to make brake sounds (Bremsgeräusche) for vehicels?

@LJ is it possible to make brake sounds (Bremsgeräusche) for vehicels?

I don't think so bro, since there's few sound archives. I known because diesel engine got great sounding but even the best soundmods can't do much since arma config sounds are VERY limited.

@JarHead, i have AK74M sound, but it's vanilla! I dont wanna vanilla sounds, i want the AK74M to sound like the AK74, the 74M is sounding like vanilla ( with me or bots, in auto or single ) and the pure AK74 is sounding JSRS ( which is correct ).

So, r u guys getting vanilla sounds when firing AK74M ?! ( final thread i swear hehe )

Edited by Selva

Jarhead, please implement AK sounds what i send to you :)!

I don't think so bro, since there's few sound archives. I known because diesel engine got great sounding but even the best soundmods can't do much since arma config sounds are VERY limited.

@JarHead, i have AK74M sound, but it's vanilla! I dont wanna vanilla sounds, i want the AK74M to sound like the AK74, the 74M is sounding like vanilla ( with me or bots, in auto or single ) and the pure AK74 is sounding JSRS ( which is correct ).

So, r u guys getting vanilla sounds when firing AK74M ?! ( final thread i swear hehe )

No, thats what I meant by saying I hear a sound on my AK74M. The Vanilla ones are no "sounds" for me, these are just... noises^^ Yea, I have my JSRS sound for all kind of AK74-M model of ACE. So I cant tell you whats wrong on your side. Or its just because I changes something doing JSRS 1.5, but I'm not sure anymore. So, I getting the JSRS AK sounds for all AK weapons of ACE.

@Guid

If you want these sounds in the game, go ahead and create your own soundmod ;) I for my part already have some nice AK sounds I really love, and I dont wanna miss them anymore.

LJ