What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

There is work to do when ever I want to :raisebrow:

I read that. I'll see whats causing this.

LJ

Great mod, enjoying it a lot :p most weapons sound soo much better. MK16/17 specially.

Dislike how L85 and some other guns sound though. Well, I can just find submods for JSRS for that.

Great job!

Edited by beckyolt

I installed JSRS1.4 and it seemed to run okay, however I "updated" to 1.4.3 and now my performance is terrible and some sounds simply don't even play?

Have I done it wrong?

Also, why is the sound for this gun no longer in the mod?

The one in the video sounds fantastic, the one I'm hearing... kind of meh.

-EDIT- nevermind it seems to be working fine now...

And I can hear that fantastic m16/m4 report, excellent!

Edited by Pd3

Make sure you put your samples up to 128, otherwise weird stuff happens. And I highly doubt that the M4 isn't in the mod.

Got it, I just thought there was some difference in the sound in the video (which was quite good I might add), and the one I was hearing in the 1.4.3 addon.

That and the update for 1.4.3 was messed up somehow, but its since been fixed.

I must say short of a few minor preferential differences, this sound mod really doesn't leave me wanting for much. Fantastic job, fantastic effort by all parties involved.

I am noticing some weapons don't have distant weapon reports to them, which I'm hoping will be addressed in future updates?

Such as the KSVK using the sniperheavy near, mid, far sounds?

It just seems like the right thing to do.

There's a fix on the way. CBA has been changed I guess, so its not working fine anymore.

LJ

There's a fix on the way. CBA has been changed I guess, so its not working fine anymore.

LJ

Excellent LJH! Looking forward to fix ... woohoo!

There also seems to be no distant sounds declared for the mp5, although there is for the 1911.

How do the declarations work for individual guns concerning distant sound effects?

Where exactly are the scripts told what cfgweapon name is associated with each specific script?

I'm seeing: JSRS_Distance_Effects_FAL=compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\JSRS_Distance\scripts\ammo\FAL.sqf";

But it seems like I'm missing more info.

I'm only asking this because I'd personally like to add support for various addon weapons I use that aren't supported.

Edited by Pd3

Create a user request on dev-heaven.net and maybee LJ accept your wish. ;-)

LJ

Great news!

Try this fix: JSRS 1.4.3 KSVK fix

I'm not sure if its fixin the error with the KSVK, since i cant test it. I have deleted all 1.4.3 stuff and have a totally different version of the script and mod as you do. So you will have to test it. But I'm pretty sure this is working now. As Psycho said, there is no error with the DSHK or familier weapons. Please check your game installment or the mod download before you post such errors and Psycho or me are wasting time looking for an answer for those, Non-existent-errors :)

LJ

Try this fix: JSRS 1.4.3 KSVK fix

I'm not sure if its fixin the error with the KSVK, since i cant test it. I have deleted all 1.4.3 stuff and have a totally different version of the script and mod as you do. So you will have to test it. But I'm pretty sure this is working now. As Psycho said, there is no error with the DSHK or familier weapons. Please check your game installment or the mod download before you post such errors and Psycho or me are wasting time looking for an answer for those, Non-existent-errors :)

LJ

KSVK Fix is working.

Sorry again. I really don´t know how this could happen, I never touched the JSRS files and suddenly it stoped working..... :(

*confused

thank you for that fix LJ ^^

and happy 500 (pages) xD ;)

Hehe, thanks matey ;) cant believe somehow that JSRS made it this far already... feels good though^^

LJ

Armaholic patch 1 mirror has been updated with the fix to make sure new downloaders get the full fixed version :)

Excellent, the fix works great.

EDIT

Although, not to be an ungrateful nitpick, but why was it associated with snip1 as opposed to bigsniper?\

Also the m110 seems to have no distance sound either.

Edited by Pd3

I saw by chance that you forgot to delete temporary files in your mod. I dont know in how many folders this appears but maybe you can decrease file size a bit more if you search through the folders and delete the .sfk and the .tmp files!

http://s7.directupload.net/images/120504/lfcj7wgy.jpg

edit: maybe another bug I found:

I recorded some mission created with the editor. While the sounds are good overall there are but some strange noises you can notice. For example at 0:19

High hizzing sounds I call them. (you must use a higher video quality to be able to hear them propoerly).

compared to a real Gunfight it confuses me what these sounds origin is:

/`'i-_ instead of /‾‾‾‾|

In this real gunfight video, you can also hear high pitched noise, but it has a very short decay (0:45..). It is more of a blop then a constant sound.

I tried to recreate something that sounds similar:http://soundcloud.com/emvol/ertert

Edited by tremanarch

I have a question as to the "hit_body_XX" sounds.

Why do some of them sound like bullets striking sand?

Its awful!

Awful, truly awful.

JSRS is the best sound mod out there, but when it comes to bullet hitting body sounds, every other mod has you beat.

I've been trying to fix this myself but for some reason modding the entries in bullethits_c isn't working.

Arrgh.

EDIT

I've modified some of the sounds and it works for the AKS74U silenced, but not the likes of the AK74, the SCAR L, or anything.

In fact when shooting the ground, and shooting a body, they literally make the same noise.

This was prior to my tinkering around, so I suspect somewhere something's awry, although I don't see how it could be from an installation perspective.

Yes I can confirm pretty much every weapon sound I've tried except the AKS74U silenced makes "ground hitting" noises when you shoot somebody.

Epic sad face.:butbut:

Edited by Pd3