What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Sounds are superb, esp the distance sections near the end of the video, remind me a little of Saving Private Ryan on the final battle scene with the looming tank approach.

Get an Xbox 360 controller for PC ... works very well for helis and controlled driving, without the clunkyness of joystick.

Get an Xbox 360 controller for PC ... works very well for helis and controlled driving, without the clunkyness of joystick.

Aye, after the other night recording with LJ it's time for me to retire my love of my old stick. It's fun as hell being a tank gunner using it, but the AI are just too damn quick. By the time I get a aim We're both dead in the tank. Poor LJ, so many times lost driving me around just to have me get us killed because I wanted to use my stick for gunning, haha.

Ah, as you mention the counter, maybe its not really JSRS but JSRS in conection with the mission you played... Is that mission causing a sound played after the counter got to zero?

LJ

Nope. But anyway, never happened before so maybe it won't again.

Poor LJ, so many times lost driving me around just to have me get us killed because I wanted to use my stick for gunning, haha.

I imagined a real life scene where tank crew kiss their families goodbye, walk to the tank to board, and open up to see you sat there hunched over the turret with your joystick, all the crews blood just slowly drained from their faces .... clasping their wife's pictures more tightly with white knuckles.

i imagined a real life scene where tank crew kiss their families goodbye, walk to the tank to board, and open up to see you sat there hunched over the turret with your joystick, all the crews blood just slowly drained from their faces .... Clasping their wife's pictures more tightly with white knuckles.

lol :D

Yo, Jarhead I have a simple propose and request ;), can you cahnge a "hint" sound?

its sounds, and he after moer years is very annoing now :) and be good to hear some simply but new ;)

Aye, after the other night recording with LJ it's time for me to retire my love of my old stick. It's fun as hell being a tank gunner using it, but the AI are just too damn quick. By the time I get a aim We're both dead in the tank. Poor LJ, so many times lost driving me around just to have me get us killed because I wanted to use my stick for gunning, haha.

i second the fact yokhanans driving is awful :D

I imagined a real life scene where tank crew kiss their families goodbye, walk to the tank to board, and open up to see you sat there hunched over the turret with your joystick, all the crews blood just slowly drained from their faces .... clasping their wife's pictures more tightly with white knuckles.

ROFL! Last thing you hear muttered before the hatch closes: "Tell my wife and kids I love them....." And then you hear me making gun and explosion noises with my mouth as I'm playing with the joystick. :D

i second the fact yokhanans driving is awful :D

Hey now, my driving isn't as bad as my flying. I just look at a plane or a chopper and it explodes in fear!

ROFL! Last thing you hear muttered before the hatch closes: "Tell my wife and kids I love them....." And then you hear me making gun and explosion noises with my mouth as I'm playing with the joystick. :D

your'e too busy eating a burger to notice your own man being blown up by an IED :p

Nah, no worries about IEDs, Yoko can disarm them really well. I remember this one coop on the irish map, and there was this big fat IED on the road. And he walked up to it... 25 meters, 20 meters..... 15 meters.... 10 meters and I was about to say "Just come back and we blow it with the ma deuce!" And he just answered cool as hell: "Dont worry, I can handle this! I did this before" and he turned around and steped on this thing and blow his self up... and me of course as well. I can imagine he was trying to disarm it with his joystick as well...

@J-Guid: What do you mean with "hint"? I was thinking of giving arma a totally new soundface, including menusounds, clicks, sounds for healing soldiers, clicking buttons in a vehicles (NV on/off) and more ...

LJ

Nah, no worries about IEDs, Yoko can disarm them really well. I remember this one coop on the irish map, and there was this big fat IED on the road. And he walked up to it... 25 meters, 20 meters..... 15 meters.... 10 meters and I was about to say "Just come back and we blow it with the ma deuce!" And he just answered cool as hell: "Dont worry, I can handle this! I did this before" and he turned around and steped on this thing and blow his self up... and me of course as well. I can imagine he was trying to disarm it with his joystick as well...

LJ

hahaha i can just picture him sitting there sweating over which button to press "do i press X O triangle or square? arrrrrgh!!" lol

@J-Guid: What do you mean with "hint"? I was thinking of giving arma a totally new soundface, including menusounds, clicks, sounds for healing soldiers, clicking buttons in a vehicles (NV on/off) and more ...

LJ

Yes! its been f8cking awesome!!! Do it man! :yay:

I mean hint sound -> in script

player hint "TEXT";
"hint" have sound, posible to change it ;) with interface sounds?)

Outstanding work! Thanks for all the efforts you put in this great mod! BTW there is any way to add rolling and jumping sounds to the soldiers movement? That would be so cool!

LJ

You mean Arma 3?

First i have to say Thank you for the great work you have done over such a long period of time!

And I have to admit I really like the Sounds and the realistic aproach. I never really was in a gunfight, but it sounds very believable when I compare it to the newsmedia etc.

Nevertheless I found - maybe - an Error in the LAV Sounds. I say maybe cause I never really drove such a vehicle in real life, and you never know what it sounds like.

But what brings me to believe ther eis an Error is the fact that there is an additional sound which gets played, and doesnt stop when I stop the driving. It sounds like a normal car which fades out.

The Sound only starts when I accelerate with full throttle but then suddenly stop.

Maybe the sound is to blend in with the other sounds when just accelerating. But it wont stop when I stop the engine, and is so hearable solo - which again maybe - is wrong here.

I made a Video to support the description:

first half part: JSRS Mod

I accelerate slowly and stop - sounds normals. But then accelerate full speed and suddenly stop and there you can hear that sound. I repeated this several times.

You can hear the sound for example at: 0:07

The second half part of the video (it is darker) is the original Sound of ArmA II for comparison.

Actually I hear a subtle sound even for the vanilla one too, unless you had a car elsewhere on that sample mission in the background? It's just JSRS's one is more pronounced I guess.

Its an acceleration sound when you start driving with full speed. Its not an error. Arma doesnt stop playing the sound when you stop after you accelerate. This is with most cars/vehicles/tanks in Arma. Cant fix that.

LJ

I noticed last night while playing that if you fire a 40mm grenade, and it lands too close to detonate, there's a sort of 'whispering' sound that loops. Perhaps the sound of it flying out?

I noticed last night while playing that if you fire a 40mm grenade, and it lands too close to detonate, there's a sort of 'whispering' sound that loops. Perhaps the sound of it flying out?

Yeah, it's been brought up before: :)

Lol, yeah don't worry that would just be the "in-flight" sound of 40mm grenades LJ made. Unfortunately, I guess this is where limitations start coming into play as if it flops to the ground it still sounds as if it's still flying over your head. We both noticed it during some testing/coop'ing awhile ago. Not sure if there is a fix for it or what off hand, but we'll see what happens.
Thanks for the info mate. The M203 rounds have a flyover sound. Normaly they just explode and "not exist" anymore, so the sound wont be played as well. But as Yokhanan said, if you shooting your grenade too close to an object, it wont explode and you still hear the overfly sound repeatly. I can fix that, no worries. But I never needed to fix it, till Yokhanan and I found that in a coop.

Jarhead

Awesome sound mod mates... Loving it!

One thing, though. Is there a way to deactivate the dog, chicken and goat sounds from the environment file? Obviously if there are no dogs or chickens and goats there shouldn't be any sound, right? Just a mere suggestion, that's all.

RacingLad

They were much more audible in earlier version^^ You can easily delete the "environment_c.pbo" to get rid of these sounds ;)

LJ

gave this ago last and im really impressed :D keep up the good work!