What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Had a crash last night during a warfare game.

Faulting application name: ArmA2OA.exe, version: 1.60.87.580, time stamp: 0x4ef2c80b

Faulting module name: XAudio2_4.dll, version: 9.26.1590.0, time stamp: 0x49bebf9f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004ced0

Faulting process id: 0x11b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd1a186257a6c3

Faulting application path: e:\my games\valve\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_4.dll

Report Id: 39c93b86-8621-11e1-9952-1c6f65c99294

Not saying it's JSRS that caused it, but from some googling there's a few posts throughout this thread that have had the same thing. First time it's happened though since using JSRS.

Been playing some Battlefield 3 A2 CTI on my LAN and I get an error at the start. This is what it looks like in the RPT file:

Addon jsrs_m134 (entry M134_2) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

jsrs_m134

There's a jsrs_m134.pbo and a jsrs_m134_c.pbo in the JSRS folder (alongside their .bisigns) so I'm not sure why it's doing that. I can play it OK despite the error though.

;2134504']Back with a single report.

The OA SU-25 Frogfoot has a start up and engine off sound' date=' which is the same as the blackhawk, didn't notice it at first till after I turned the engines off.[/quote']

I reworked all Tanks in the last weeks. Now I will go on with the wheeled Vehicles and then the ariplanes/helicopter ;)

Had a crash last night during a warfare game.

Faulting application name: ArmA2OA.exe, version: 1.60.87.580, time stamp: 0x4ef2c80b

Faulting module name: XAudio2_4.dll, version: 9.26.1590.0, time stamp: 0x49bebf9f

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0004ced0

Faulting process id: 0x11b8

Faulting application start time: 0x01cd1a186257a6c3

Faulting application path: e:\my games\valve\steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\ArmA2OA.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWow64\XAudio2_4.dll

Report Id: 39c93b86-8621-11e1-9952-1c6f65c99294

Not saying it's JSRS that caused it, but from some googling there's a few posts throughout this thread that have had the same thing. First time it's happened though since using JSRS.

Yah we had this error before. There is an error in one of the configs I guess. The last time we had this error with the FFAR Rockets. Do you may know what weapon has been used before the crash? I mean, it must be a weapon you tried to use, not used all the time since this weapon must cause the crash (if it is JSRS at least, but I guess so).

Been playing some Battlefield 3 A2 CTI on my LAN and I get an error at the start. This is what it looks like in the RPT file:

Addon jsrs_m134 (entry M134_2) not found in the list of active addons.

Warning Message: You cannot play/edit this mission; it is dependent on downloadable content that has been deleted.

jsrs_m134

There's a jsrs_m134.pbo and a jsrs_m134_c.pbo in the JSRS folder (alongside their .bisigns) so I'm not sure why it's doing that. I can play it OK despite the error though.

Yah, I shall rework the whole config. This stupid thing is always causing trouble and I did not know why. Will fix it ;) Or at least I guess I have already. Someone sent me a fixed config some time back. So this will also fix this.

LJ

Yah, I shall rework the whole config. This stupid thing is always causing trouble and I did not know why. Will fix it ;) Or at least I guess I have already. Someone sent me a fixed config some time back. So this will also fix this.

Cool, thanks :)

I promised you some tank sounds. I just made a video of the WIP things I'm still working on. But mostly all tanks will sounds like this:

sZmZzZxEG4E?hd=1[/url]

New Tread sounds and distance tank driving sounds included.

LJ

New Tread sounds and distance tank driving sounds included.

LJ

Awesome!

Will the D-30 and BM-21 Grad have new firing sound?

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

You are such a jerk. Why are you torturing me? :p

There sounds are breathtaking, NO they are more than that. They are more than I could have hoped for. You will make vehicels in Arma 100% more enjoyable! And the next release is still a few months away? Oh god....

rage_faces_by_shishywonka-d3h8gah.png

Well some criticism:

there is a sound that constantly gets cut out and then apears again, what is that?

Ah, that T-55 is great. Clankclankscreechscreech.

You've got it so the treads are just layered underneath the engine sounds, right like it should be.

While you're doing vehicles, have you noticed that the volume for tank cannons is very low? If you stand 50m from a T-72 that is firing on the move, the sound of the cannon gets drowned out by the motor. For a while I thought that the guns were completely silent because I just couldn't hear them. APC autocannons are much louder than 120mm and 125mm tank cannons at the moment.

Good JH, Note: BMP-2 have more 'diesel'ed' sound! ;) (mixed idle engine sound with driving)

Just curious if you could make one Abrams with diesel engine sound and one with turbine sound or is it impossible? You know just to hear a audible difference between "old" and "modern" vehicles/engines. Could be an idea for a training mission - listen to sounds and guess the right vehicle/faction. :D

Very good :D The best track sounds I heard so far. I also like the turbine of the Abrams. I would love if you could make the T-series engines more audible over distance (T-72 and the rest). I have experienced them in RL and you can hear the diesels very far and its very intimidating! The distance the tracks become audible is perfect imo.

Awesome!

Will the D-30 and BM-21 Grad have new firing sound?

Thats the plan.

there is a sound that constantly gets cut out and then apears again, what is that?

Its a different set of track sounds depending on the different terrain. I havent make it fit to the others since, so thatswhy it sounds a bit strange. After the rework, you want even hear that.

Couldn't take my driving anymore eh? :P

OMG, 107.5 GB of videos and you haven't even started to drive dude, what the hell shall I do? :D:D:D

OMG, 107.5 GB of videos and you haven't even started to drive dude, what the hell shall I do? :D:D:D

Don't forget my going in circles and almost driving over you. :D lol

Don't forget my going in circles and almost driving over you. :D lol

Unbeatable: You driving a tank with a 15 years old joystick :D

Unbeatable: You driving a tank with a 15 years old joystick :D

Driving a tank... with a joystick? SACRILEGE!!

I feels better than driving with a mouse and keyboard. Not to mention I was able to slow down (usually) to a crawl in vehicles using it compared to using the keyboard, although now I use my PS3 controller and have even more control. Still, it's pretty damn fun hopping into the gunners seat and use the joystick. :D :p

I feels better than driving with a mouse and keyboard. Not to mention I was able to slow down (usually) to a crawl in vehicles using it compared to using the keyboard, although now I use my PS3 controller and have even more control. Still, it's pretty damn fun hopping into the gunners seat and use the joystick. :D :p

Yah I know. Didnt we died some months back because of something like that? Because you did not really hit the target and the target was able to hit us instead? :D

But hell, I love this tank crawling we did, sounds so damn awesome driving so slow with tanks now :D

Yah I know. Didnt we died some months back because of something like that? Because you did not really hit the target and the target was able to hit us instead? :D

No, I remember no such occasion. You must be thinking of another person who sounds, drives and dies like me. :P

No, I remember no such occasion. You must be thinking of another person who sounds, drives and dies like me. :P

Ah.... dont think so, you are unique with that joystick :P

Enough of-topic, sry people.

LJ

Edited by LordJarhead

Yah we had this error before. There is an error in one of the configs I guess. The last time we had this error with the FFAR Rockets. Do you may know what weapon has been used before the crash? I mean, it must be a weapon you tried to use, not used all the time since this weapon must cause the crash (if it is JSRS at least, but I guess so).

Hi Jarhead,

No I'm unsure what caused it. I was waiting to respawn on a factory, once the counter got to zero the game crashed. FFAR rockets wouldn't have been the cause as neither blufor or opfor had heli's at the time in the game. Unless other vehicles use them? But I don't think so anyway.

Hi Jarhead,

No I'm unsure what caused it. I was waiting to respawn on a factory, once the counter got to zero the game crashed. FFAR rockets wouldn't have been the cause as neither blufor or opfor had heli's at the time in the game. Unless other vehicles use them? But I don't think so anyway.

Ah, as you mention the counter, maybe its not really JSRS but JSRS in conection with the mission you played... Is that mission causing a sound played after the counter got to zero?

LJ