What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Cant get tired with this mod. Even better with the optional sounds. The excelent distant sounds are definitely giving big addition for the atmosphere. I am currently working on dynamic mission where the distant fights between AI groups are in important role. With the vanilla ArmA2 sounds, you could only hear some dull snaps or even miss the whole show.

This mod is actually amazing. I have made a video in youtube featuring it.

---------- Post added at 21:18 ---------- Previous post was at 21:18 ----------

This mod is actually amazing. I have made a video in youtube featuring it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-8sJKs7ImQ&feature=plcp&context=C4496d5eVDvjVQa1PpcFO2sYJh1MMWhBl-zVMzz6dtj5s8s84dJHY=

Such a great mod, as above stated the distance sounds just add so much to the experience and its amazing how much more you enjoy a game with better sounds, having said that it annoys me that i always have to go back to vanilla sounds because having addons most of the time gets you kicked but thats not your fault, great work.

But if you would like to save you some time and troubleshooting just get SIXupdater: http://www.six-updater.net/p/download.html this makes life and updating allot more easy!

Totally agree with you. What would be my "Arma life" without SU :cool: ?

http://stats.six-updater.net/mods/show/f205d6f0-3929-11e1-aa47-001517bd964c

shows you some infos about it.

In SU's UI (larsiano's link) you just take it to your preset and here you go with the actual, full 1.4.3 package "all in one" folder named by default @JSRS ,close to 3GB (no need for following a strict sequence meaning no need for installing previous versions/patches).

Thx very much for this great sound mod. And thx for providing it via Six Updater in such a comfortable way.

Thanks for the kind words about Six Updater! And grats Jarhead on such an awesome and complete soundmod!

Guys, anybody try play with JSRS in Domi on public servers?! We have lags and hard fps drop + memory leak when JSRS enabled(allowed) on server, after 5-6 captured town(40-60minutes after mission start).

When JSRS disabled all ok, where is problem?!

What does server rpt say? Maybe broken mission or sth. like that? Delete RPT, play again and look into it. Would be my first suggestion..

Hi LJ, ive recently been having an issue with a missing AKS sound. I think this is because of a config issue. It isnt any fault of yours, it used to work perfectly. Then one day someone in my clan edited a config for vopsound, which may have involved in some way the jsrs aks sound, and now i hear only the bullet hitting and nothing else. Would you be willing to help me with this? Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Thanks

Tonight we were finishing a mission in Tora Bora, and I could notice how may sound a 5 min time activated satchel charge upon a weapons cache... I felt how floor was moving around me... jizzz! that truly was an explosion ...

A couple of minutes later, air extraction was called and suddenly I started to hear an UH-60 coming our way... It started with a far gentle sound that turn into a boombastic punch in my ears... my headphones were beating seriously and I could felt how it was a huge display of horse power in the air...

But above all you taught us -in a rough way, certainly- that we shall not like to be near a support guy when firefight begins... since we both -my MG mate and I- ended up definitely deaf!!!

I've never been astonished as I am with these sounds... thanks for all your hard work Mr. Lord Jarhead!

PS.: Changing magazines on a grenadier adapted G36 model sounded a bit overdone on the reverb level... I was at base outskirts and it sounded as beeing inside some hall or big room... I could notice this precisely because all other surrounding sounds felt as natural as expected... please do not bother with me, this is my own personal perception and is expressed as such... I´ve always used a mainboard's sound chip (this is 5.1 or 7.1, whatever) and an average headset (I use it on a 2.1 basis, since I do not like that home cinema effect sound... it's so hollywood style... just like sillicone airbags you know :)

Hi LJ, ive recently been having an issue with a missing AKS sound. I think this is because of a config issue. It isnt any fault of yours, it used to work perfectly. Then one day someone in my clan edited a config for vopsound, which may have involved in some way the jsrs aks sound, and now i hear only the bullet hitting and nothing else. Would you be willing to help me with this? Apologies if this is in the wrong thread.

Thanks

If you using both mods the same time, errors like these are most likely. So you should only use one SM at the same time.

Tonight we were finishing a mission in Tora Bora, and I could notice how may sound a 5 min time activated satchel charge upon a weapons cache... I felt how floor was moving around me... jizzz! that truly was an explosion ...

A couple of minutes later, air extraction was called and suddenly I started to hear an UH-60 coming our way... It started with a far gentle sound that turn into a boombastic punch in my ears... my headphones were beating seriously and I could felt how it was a huge display of horse power in the air...

But above all you taught us -in a rough way, certainly- that we shall not like to be near a support guy when firefight begins... since we both -my MG mate and I- ended up definitely deaf!!!

I've never been astonished as I am with these sounds... thanks for all your hard work Mr. Lord Jarhead!

PS.: Changing magazines on a grenadier adapted G36 model sounded a bit overdone on the reverb level... I was at base outskirts and it sounded as beeing inside some hall or big room... I could notice this precisely because all other surrounding sounds felt as natural as expected... please do not bother with me, this is my own personal perception and is expressed as such... I´ve always used a mainboard's sound chip (this is 5.1 or 7.1, whatever) and an average headset (I use it on a 2.1 basis, since I do not like that home cinema effect sound... it's so hollywood style... just like sillicone airbags you know :)

Thanks mate, will take a look on that G36gl ;) I think I never made a sound for a G36GL since these are ACE's work... so maybe you hear ACE sounds instead...

So, here another video showing the FPS script working fine. If I'll have the chance, I will make an MP video to show, that it works fine in MP as well.

Shows how it works with all normal weapons, pistols and launchers, as well how it works with custom addons/weapons AND... all vehicles!!!!!

RiZy355-N8E?hd=1

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Me neither, that sounds very good, and you surprised me with the new vehicle wepon sounds.

I see useful examples for the family of AK(PK) that I sent you, thank you for what applied! All very cool waiting to use that :)!

This is crazy LJ! Holy cow that sounds beautiful. Brutal and insane sounds. With my speakers, this is the only sound mod what makes awesome "ka-BOOM" feeling while shooting with any weapon and not even mention about large scale firefights. Bass, metallic and really realistic weapon sounds, and now this cool FPS.script coming... Woah! Very impressive work Lord Jarhead. Keep it up :o

It fairly simple post ... yourself and the config writer(s) should be hired for Arma3. End.

Thanks for the kind words...

Also I can say, I fixed the FV510 Warrior HE Rounds problem. There was a problem so you couldnt hear any impacts. As far as I know, this is normal in Arma, so it was not JSRS causing it.

Jarhead

Yo Jarhead, you gonner make the BMP engine sounds in the next version the same as in CWR2. Thought they used your sounds anyway and the CWR2 is much more like the real thing.

Sorry to be a dickhead man.

I had been meaning to post a thank you for the fantastic sounds of JSRS 1.4 which I have been enjoying for a while now.

Then I watched the new version 1.5 WIP FPS video - fantastic work LJ! Looking forward to it's release.

Thanks again for all the time you have put into this mod. I doubt I'd still be playing Arma2 if it wasn't for the fantastic realism and immersion your sound mod brings to the game.

Jarhead what about tracked vehicles with FPS:)?

I had been meaning to post a thank you for the fantastic sounds of JSRS 1.4 which I have been enjoying for a while now.

Then I watched the new version 1.5 WIP FPS video - fantastic work LJ! Looking forward to it's release.

Thanks again for all the time you have put into this mod. I doubt I'd still be playing Arma2 if it wasn't for the fantastic realism and immersion your sound mod brings to the game.

Your welcome ;)

Jarhead what about tracked vehicles with FPS:)?

??? What about them?

Again my friend i want to say a big tank u :rolleyes:

I have download the last one and the quality of our work is astonishing.

p.s Bohemia take this guy on your team and pay them! :yay:

I mean, first person sounds for all important vehicles

I mean, first person sounds for all important vehicles

Have you even watched the video??? What did I said: FPS Script FOR ALL VEHICLES