What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Nice LJ, Glock sound is realy original by real life! Confirm!

Like the first-person sounds very much. Let's hope in ArmA 3 scripts are no longer required to attenuate sounds based on proximity.

Best sound mod ever! Thanks LJ. I'm really waiting for a new update :)

Some information for 1.5:

I will rework most of the content. The base mod will stay as it is right now, just some tweaks, reworked sounds and it will be full compatible with all sounds we have now. So if you dont like some of the new stuff with 1.5, you can also take the "old" 1.4 sounds instead.

I'm not sure how long this update, or the new mod, will take. I estimate that it will take until late spring before I can provide any information about the release date. But this is unimportant right now.

I want to keep the size of the mod, maybe I also can reduce it a bit. Since I have some good new samples I wont need to stay with the old, big environment samples. Also most of the vehicles will be slimmed for a big, without noticeable loop sounds.

Most changes dont need any tests, since they only handle around sound sample without changing something in the configs. But the new script will be tested thoroughly to prevent any more patching afterwards.

As some of you already noticed, I tried to get the more realistic way with the optional sounds. So 1.5 will also focus more on realistic sounding. I'm sure I canot even say "realistic authentic simulation" what ever. But I will do my best to make the sounds the way I think they shall sounds like. At least, my taste over others^^

I will keep you informed about the progress I make via DevHeaven ;) Thanks alot guys.

Jarhead

Now I can imagine what this first person script will be like. I think its awesome. Noone will want to play with 3rd person any more ^^.
3rd person? Who does that?

LordJarhead

is there a way to make a sound mod be use like an original pbo so i can play online on servers that does not let you use other mods...like PR?

^^ easy answer is NO. Unless a server has the key that allows JSRS you won't be able to use it. Or find a server that doesn't lock great thing like this down.

Keep up the good work LJH - impressive sounds.

@Fruity_Rudy - all the time mate until I want to shoot something :)

Hey, I dunno if you need any more video sources, or if these have been posted but this fella went to Libya during the rebellion and took a bunch of videos, what seems like decent quality audio wise and best of all....no music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9pFrt95H7U One video featuring AA guns and rocket artillery of some sort (rigged to pickup trucks because it's Libya rebels after all).

Bunch of more videos figured it might be worth a look (or listen).

Best of thanks matey. Sure I can always use new sources. Since the new rework project for JSRS I will need to have alot of quality videos like these. I will also make a list to show, what have to be reworked at all (well, nothin have to, but I just want to do something again) and then we see, maybe new videos will help at work...

Jarhead

EDIT: Messed abit around with the Facebook site, now it has the new look ;)

http://www.facebook.com/TheLordJarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Nice Design LJ.

Watch this:

Are you going to work with this system once its final?

This would be to much work to cover all this stuff before even A3 arrive. So, maybe yes, maybe no, dont know. After all I'm not sure if it will keep the performance since this is a huge sript work or even a huge change to the game itself. So I guess there are maybe 5 sounds played with each shot, maybe less, but .... 20 soldiers vs. 20 soldiers vs. environment, movement, soniccracks, bullethits.... 128 sample are not much though. Could also run smooth, who knows. ACE team is doing a great job there for sure... but this is nothing I'm interested in atm.

Sounds reasonable. I´m curious if they will come up with some new solutions for those problems. And I´m glad that A3 will (hopefully) allow for more than 128 samples.

Oh sure it does! Arma3 will have a proper sound engine we were hoping for. Each vehicle in Arma3 will have almost 50 sounds (engine, in and outside, Exhaust sounds, wheels, suspension, and and and) and also each gun will contain 15 sounds and more. 128 sample wont be a problem ever again! I'm sure of that :) So making much more sound work to Arma2 seems useless for someone maybe, we also could wait for A3...

"Fieldtrips such as these contribute to the ongoing development of a new sound engine for Arma 3. Featuring improvements for things like vehicle and weapon SFX, it's certain to be big step up from Arma 2 with, for example, stereo sounds for weapons and vehicles estimated to use around 50 samples for their engine and exhaust, and 20 samples for the wheels on differing terrain. That compares with a total of around 15 samples per vehicle in Arma 2.

A new system of hearing weapon reports at different ranges, with distance attenuation and filtering, in also underway. Again, it's a more sophisticated solution than is currently present in Arma 2...."

Edited by LordJarhead

Just got ArmA II combined ops and this mod really interests me. Problem is, when I downloaded it, there was nothing on the folder! Can anyone help?

Yep. When I opened the folder I downloaded ( strangely, the download took 1 hour and it said the folder had 927 mb ) it was empty.

Yep. When I opened the folder I downloaded ( strangely, the download took 1 hour and it said the folder had 927 mb ) it was empty.

Sounds like the download did not complete properly - I thought it was slightly larger than that.

Does JSRS requires anything?

Yes, it requires CBA.

and Ear Defenders ;-)

Searched on google, com. base addons, just downloaded and installed it.

Well, I'll try downloading JSRS again.