What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Updated on Six Updater Network.

2yvv67o.png Direct Download | Mod info

9.3 MB delta vs original 264 MB update package:

sent 9.35M bytes received 68.13K bytes 400.88K bytes/sectotal size is 1.35G speedup is 143.75

Thanks for the link and the information ;)

Jarhead

Totally awesome mod Jarhead, its come a long way. Your recent 1.4 update makes ArmA feel like an entirely new game. I cant stand playing without it :notworthy:

Hmm.... Apart from responding to stupid question? :D

Waiting for the spring.

Prepare my hemi for the sommer.

Taking a well-deserved break.

Try to prevent getting annoyed by anyone.

Ignoring stupid people.

Thinking about making JSRS 1.5.

Still ignoring stupid people.

Prolong any future releases because of stupid people.

Playing Arma 3.

Dying.

That should be it for now. Well planed some may say ;)

Well planed indeed :D

I've been told that sound mods don't affect what servers you can play on. If that is indeed the case, I'm going to have this mod turned on all the time!

Thanks Jarhead!

Jarhead you have painstakingly constructed a beast to be reckoned with in all aspects and this beast will stand the test of time way into Arma3 even if it was always just for Arma2.

Shame you had to get annoyed by silly picky things, but it comes with the territory I suppose. Like making music you can only satisfy yourself first (hmmm that does read a bit wrong), you can mildly pander to an audience but in the end you should only do things for the reasons you set out yourself when you begin before anyone else was even aware of it.

I think you did a grand job of some "mild pandering" which helped progress well and all in all the beast is now a timeless mod for the community. The one thing that sets this apart is the what it covers and the configs behind it all, thats a beast in its own right.

I dont blow smoke up peoples arse BTW, but this is a genuine comment on what I hope teaches BIS a lesson for Arma3 :)

BTW I will have a look soon about the binocs sound trigger and PM you, I think I know what it is.

Jarhead you have painstakingly constructed a beast to be reckoned with in all aspects and this beast will stand the test of time way into Arma3 even if it was always just for Arma2.

Shame you had to get annoyed by silly picky things, but it comes with the territory I suppose. Like making music you can only satisfy yourself first (hmmm that does read a bit wrong), you can mildly pander to an audience but in the end you should only do things for the reasons you set out yourself when you begin before anyone else was even aware of it.

I think you did a grand job of some "mild pandering" which helped progress well and all in all the beast is now a timeless mod for the community. The one thing that sets this apart is the what it covers and the configs behind it all, thats a beast in its own right.

I dont blow smoke up peoples arse BTW, but this is a genuine comment on what I hope teaches BIS a lesson for Arma3 :)

BTW I will have a look soon about the binocs sound trigger and PM you, I think I know what it is.

Thanks a bunch matey! Would be nice to add such small details. Also Mike informed me about "rolling" sounds while crouching. Is there a sound for rolling without JSRS? I never noticed that. If so, I SURE have to add this as well.

Thanks alot mate.

Jarhead

I just noticed that dirt roads don´t make any sound when you are driving on them, concrete does. A little weird but I guess that is a BIS Bug?

Yah, could be. I never touched the sound entries for these kind of sounds.

Jarhead

Well i've seen it on dev but not on changelog so i was just curious :)

That was one of the error with the script. So right, its not named in the readme ;)

Jarhead

hi all

any hints as to how to use jsrs with ACE ? Apart from completely replacing ACE SM with JSRS

anyone plays jsrs with ACE + ACE XTRAS ??

thanks for info

hi all

any hints as to how to use jsrs with ACE ? Apart from completely replacing ACE SM with JSRS

anyone plays jsrs with ACE + ACE XTRAS ??

thanks for info

Yah, I do. No problems.

Jarhead

Yah, I do. No problems.

Jarhead

hi LordJarhead,

mad props for the quick reply.

could you please help me with some hints as to what to replace/change/delete. I am having some consistency issues I think, certain sounds get confused wether which soundpack to use, and thus end up with errors and or silence.

How should I merge the folders with ACE so JSRS is exactly the one that uses the sound conversion.

Just use the moldfolder method. Use ACE and all other ACE Addons, but not the ACE SM stuff. And this should works. Dont forget to set up 128 Audiosamples in the Audio Settings.

Inform me about any RPT's are other stuff which might happen, but at this moment, this should works great together.

Jarhead

Thanks a bunch matey! Would be nice to add such small details. Also Mike informed me about "rolling" sounds while crouching. Is there a sound for rolling without JSRS? I never noticed that. If so, I SURE have to add this as well.

LJH, the Sound of Anders mod has rolling sounds, so it definitely can be done.

Yah, also Mike_USA told me about Sound Of War mod which also got these entries. Also climbing sounds, salute and such stuff. I will take a look at this in some time.

Thanks,

Jarhead

Thanks for the updated version LJ. Good to see you again. :)

Hello Jarhead, here I found a small bug recently. The AH-1 cannon is sometimes firing with no distant effect, it's rather odd when it's constantly shifting distant firing sound and raw firing sound each other.

This is extraordinary. Finally the weapon firing sounds are loud, great echos, loud weapons, no more chickens, loud weapons. . .did I mention loud weapons? Thanks a lot for this, your contribution to this game is rather significant. I can't imagine going back to the wimpy sounding weapons from the original!

Just so you don't think I'm being too nice, I do have one comment. When breaking squelch I never heard a military radio make any beeping sounds like you have. Is this new to military radios, or do you just like it?

Again, thanks, and know many many of us appreciate the effort.

One issue, but probably engine-related not JSRS....

When a .50 cal gunner in a Jackal, looking down the ACOG scope, I can't hear anything, as if I am inside the metal hull of a tank. So if I am under fire, I can't hear bullets whizzing close by my head, and it is a surprise when I am suddenly dead :confused:

Just hoping this might be fixable...

Thanks again

Mandrake

Hello Jarhead, here I found a small bug recently. The AH-1 cannon is sometimes firing with no distant effect, it's rather odd when it's constantly shifting distant firing sound and raw firing sound each other.

Engine limitation.

This is extraordinary. Finally the weapon firing sounds are loud, great echos, loud weapons, no more chickens, loud weapons. . .did I mention loud weapons? Thanks a lot for this, your contribution to this game is rather significant. I can't imagine going back to the wimpy sounding weapons from the original!

Just so you don't think I'm being too nice, I do have one comment. When breaking squelch I never heard a military radio make any beeping sounds like you have. Is this new to military radios, or do you just like it?

Again, thanks, and know many many of us appreciate the effort.

I like it. That's what matters....

One issue, but probably engine-related not JSRS....

When a .50 cal gunner in a Jackal, looking down the ACOG scope, I can't hear anything, as if I am inside the metal hull of a tank. So if I am under fire, I can't hear bullets whizzing close by my head, and it is a surprise when I am suddenly dead :confused:

Just hoping this might be fixable...

Thanks again

Mandrake

Again, engine limitation, or even because of the gameengine itself, since your the gunner in a Jackel, aiming means you'r "inside" the weapon or vehicles, so its damped because the engine says: Your in a vehicles... cant fix that.

Jarhead

I like it. That's what matters....

Jarhead

Indeed it is. Making mods is too much work to not follow your joy. :p Thanks again.

The reason military radios wouldn't beep like that is the extra noise would be "non-tactical". With enclosed headsets or in a vehicle it would likely matter less. Keep up the great work, there is no way I can use other sound mods now. It has ruined me.

EDIT: Not sure if this is the place to ask, but how did you get your weapons sounds so good, and the BIS ones are so quiet? Was there a reason BIS did this?

Edited by strac_sapper